Menu

What are your favorite praise songs??

I thought it would be so nice to be able to share our favorite praise and worship songs. There are so many good ones to choose from. Here are a few to get it started. Enjoy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqvVcvCZOVs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1k8yIwS5nI

Lord I praise your holy Name. I pray that you will be glorified and lifted up on this earth as you are in Heaven. Forever I will sing your praise! I love you my Lord, my Savior, my King, my Friend! :grouphug:

I have tons of music, but here are my three favorite artists/groups of all.

Robin Mark, an inspiring Irish musician who truly understands worship and has often led me into the presence of God. I especially love the albums, "East of the River" and "Revival in Belfast".

Vineyard Music, especially Vineyard UK. I've discussed this vein of music on another thread and there are a number of people here that love it too. Vineyard was a west coast thing for a long time, but has moved around the world. There are various artists, mostly worship leaders and bands from Vineyard churches. This is wonderful, wonderful music that is scripture based and very uplifting. My personal favorite is the "Top 25 Vineyard UK Praise & Worship Songs".

Marty Goetz, a Messianic Jew who loves Jeshua with all of his heart. Marty is an extremely talented singer, songwriter and keyboard artist. He has been around a long time, but his music is classic, inspired by the Holy Spirit and based on the Word of God. This music has brought me through many difficult seasons over the years because he sings the Word. I buy directly from his ministry website, but you will also find him on Amazon. If you are just getting acquainted with his music, I recommend "Sanctuary", "The Love of God" or "Festivals of Light" (Christian and Jewish holiday songs, very beautiful!)

Blessings,

Lucinda

Edited by HSMom2One

But the first that come to mind are Praise You in This Storm and In Christ Alone (this version:

).

My favorite lines:

No power of hell, no scheme of man

Can ever pluck me from His hand

Till He returns again, or calls me home

Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

But I love all of it ...

Now, here is what I call ultra-orthodox...;)

Lest someone think I was being smart-alek-y, I am in the process of conversion to the Orthodox faith, so these really *are* my praise songs! They fit nicely on my ipod with Chris Tomlin, Third Day and Hammock :).

Edited by happygrrl

Oh, I'm liking this too :D

Glad you like it! I must issue a warning, however. After a few months of frequent listening I can no longer stomach the simple pop trash I used to have on in the background. It feels something like.... combining a fine pinot with "Kountry Kwencher". :tongue_smilie:

Glad you like it! I must issue a warning, however. After a few months of frequent listening I can no longer stomach the simple pop trash I used to have on in the background. It feels something like.... combining a fine pinot with "Kountry Kwencher". :tongue_smilie:

Believe it or not I'm still listening :001_smile:

I have tons of music, but here are my three favorite artists/groups of all.

Robin Mark, an inspiring Irish musician who truly understands worship and has often led me into the presence of God. I especially love the albums, "East of the River" and "Revival in Belfast".

Vineyard Music, especially Vineyard UK. I've discussed this vein of music on another thread and there are a number of people here that love it too. Vineyard was a west coast thing for a long time, but has moved around the world. There are various artists, mostly worship leaders and bands from Vineyard churches. This is wonderful, wonderful music that is scripture based and very uplifting. My personal favorite is the "Top 25 Vineyard UK Praise & Worship Songs".

Marty Goetz, a Messianic Jew who loves Jeshua with all of his heart. Marty is an extremely talented singer, songwriter and keyboard artist. He has been around a long time, but his music is classic, inspired by the Holy Spirit and based on the Word of God. This music has brought me through many difficult seasons over the years because he sings the Word. I buy directly from his ministry website, but you will also find him on Amazon. If you are just getting acquainted with his music, I recommend "Sanctuary", "The Love of God" or "Festivals of Light" (Christian and Jewish holiday songs, very beautiful!)

Blessings,

Lucinda

I love Vineyard as well!! :) I haven't heard of Marty Goetz or Robin Mark. I'll have to check them out. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

But the first that come to mind are Praise You in This Storm and In Christ Alone (this version:
).

My favorite lines:

No power of hell, no scheme of man

Can ever pluck me from His hand

Till He returns again, or calls me home

Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

But I love all of it ...

I love in Christ Alone too. I put up a video of it too for the version we play in my church. The lady who plays the violin for this song just makes me cry every time I hear her. She plays so beautifully. :) I like the version you put up. The guitar is nice. :) I like the scenes from Passion of the Christ as well. :) I love all the lyrics of the song as well, but I agree with you, that last stanza just slays me. I can't even sing it without being overcome with emotion. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Edited by Ibbygirl

Anything by Casting Crowns, MercyMe, Third Day, Newsboys, Chris Tomlin, Steven Curtis Chapman, Natalie Grant, Hillsong...to name a few.

:iagree::iagree: Me too! I love all of those that you mentioned. I got the Third Day Christmas album this last year and it was pretty much all I listened to over Christmas. :) I LOVE that guys voice. Beautiful! :)

This is one of my favorite songs:

Another favortie here http://search.msn.com/video/results.aspx?q=Chris+Tomlin+I+will+rise&docid=873474818409&mid=F6B54C3BE0B367B08062F6B54C3BE0B367B08062&FORM=VIVR2

And another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdQje_gJ0ko

We love anything by Third Day, Michael W Smith, Casting Crowns, Newsboys, Chris Tomlin etc

Edited by Quiver0f10

This is one of my favorite songs:

Another favortie here http://search.msn.com/video/results.aspx?q=Chris+Tomlin+I+will+rise&docid=873474818409&mid=F6B54C3BE0B367B08062F6B54C3BE0B367B08062&FORM=VIVR2

And another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdQje_gJ0ko

We love anything by Third Day, Michael W Smith, Casting Crowns, Newsboys, Chris Tomlin etc

Oh thank you so much for sharing!! :grouphug: I love all three of those songs! We sing God With Us all the time in church. Man, all of these guys have such great voices. That is such a gift to be able to sing. I bookmarked all three of your links. :)

I love this song... My God, My Savior by Aaron Schust

It came on the radio as I was driving home after finding out my brother died. It was such a "God thing"... just what I needed at that exact moment.

What a beautiful song! I'm so very sorry about your brother. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

My new favorite songwriter and worship artist is Laura Story. My 10yod and I love her. My daughter has been so impacted by her writing. What a gift.

http://www.laurastorymusic.com/

Testimony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVpBu-UdSNs&feature=related

Wow! What an inspiring story!! She has such a wonderful humble heart and such tremendous faith. God bless her and her husband. Thank you so much for sharing this. :)

My favorite worship song is still Indescribable. I absolutely love it. It is fantastic on Chris Tomlin's Live in Austin City CD. I also really love Revelation Song.

Paula

And Laura Story (I linked her site above) wrote Indescribable!

:)

My favorite worship song is still Indescribable. I absolutely love it. It is fantastic on Chris Tomlin's Live in Austin City CD. I also really love Revelation Song.

Paula

:iagree: Beautiful songs!! This is for you, Paula. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_3W8XI7W2w&feature=PlayList&p=EEB623BF5305F8F4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=35

Edited by Ibbygirl

How Can I Keep from Singing ? and of course Ode to Joy /the Russian song also popularized by Pete Seeger. My favorite traditional Catholic hymn is Sing of Mary, Pure and Lowly.

Oh I didn't know him. He sounds so much like Willie Nelson. :) Thank you so much for sharing it. :)

I wish I could share with you the version of this song that my church band does. As soon as the notes begin, I become choked up, and most of us are crying by the time the song is done. Our female lead vocalist is utterly amazing. I tried to find you the best version I could here

Enjoy!

I wish I could share with you the version of this song that my church band does. As soon as the notes begin, I become choked up, and most of us are crying by the time the song is done. Our female lead vocalist is utterly amazing. I tried to find you the best version I could here
Enjoy!

Ay, I wish I could hear it!! Does your church broadcast its services over the internet?? This song is beautiful. I've never heard it before. Thanks so much for putting it up.

I love how many beautiful songs are being posted here! I could just sit clicking in this thread all day long and listen to all of this beautiful music.:)

Thanks for the links! My husband is the worship leader at church. I am always trying to get him to do these two songs. We had to change up the service last night because the drummer was not going to be there. We did Revelation Song with just piano and guitar. It really doesn't need much. So simple. Great lyrics!

Thanks for the links! My husband is the worship leader at church. I am always trying to get him to do these two songs. We had to change up the service last night because the drummer was not going to be there. We did Revelation Song with just piano and guitar. It really doesn't need much. So simple. Great lyrics!

Oh, I bet it was beautiful. When I do my devotions in the morning I always start with some praise and worship on my acoustic. It's amazing how deeply you can enter in with a great praise song and just a simple guitar. :)

That's so cool that your husband is the worship leader! I'll bet your house is always filled with music. :) That's awesome! My brother is a worship leader too. :)