Menu

Utterly nonessential discussion to blow off some steam...

I usually let my baby boy's hair grow until they are 3 or so. All my boys had beautiful curls. It was very hard for me to cut it.

There comes a time when they need to look like a little boy, though.:001_smile:

After I typed this, I realized my 15yo hasn't cut his hair in about a year. It is quite long. There also comes a time when they get to CHOOSE whether to cut their hair or not (at least around here)!

My baby boy is 2 and his head has never been near a pair of scissors.

To be fair, he was basically bald for the first year. It's only started to get in his eyes and get scraggly in the past two months or so. I haven't been able to bring myself to do anything about it though. :tongue_smilie:

My older ds had his first hair cut right after his first birthday. He had a big mop of curls. :D

Here's a picture of my youngest. It's about 9 months old, but his hair still looks pretty much the same.

ETA: I cut it short once or twice when he was around 2. But then I let it grow back out and it's been longer and curly since then. My oldest has the same curls, and he's in the process of growing his back out. The middle 3 have stick straight hair, so it looks best shorter.

Edited by JudoMom

My dh took it upon himself to cut Tazzie's hair while giving him a bath for his first haircut. I didn't even know it was happening, until Tazzie came downstairs with a number of his beautiful curls missing :glare:

Wolf hasn't touched the children's hair since. ;)

Judo-That picture is so CUTE!!! Yup, that's what I'm hoping for, that delightful, curly, long but not too long, look. We'll see! Some of his hair is starting to curl, and some of it is poker straight. I keep telling dh I'm gonna let the baby's hair grow long like that, and he keeps saying nothing, haha...

Our boys have had the prettiest curls as toddlers and I let them grow until I get weary of all the awkward, "What a cute little girl!" compliments. I'm not that sure of myself with the scissors so delaying is a good tactic from a safety perspective as well.

I've done both. My oldest got a haircut at 3.5 months because his bangs were in his eyes. His hair was straight, would not be coaxed sideways, and I wasn't going to put clips in it. By the time he was a year old he'd had 3-4 haircuts. Otherwise it would have been in a ponytail to his hiney. Not exaggerating. Now he prefers it very short, if not shaved completely off.

My second boy was pretty slow getting his hair in, I let it grow out and look like baby hair for quite awhile. He likes his hair long now. (He always told me to just cut it like brothers until the first time he saw brother go bald.)

My ds was a head of curls. At two he had hair like an aging rock star. I also waited until he was 3 to cut his hair. After the haircut he looked in the mirror and said, "it makes me big!" He now at 13 has long, but not so curly hair.

I have always used the buzz cutters at an early age. Brandon started getting his "cut" about 7 months old. He didn't really have enough hair to worry about it, but it got him used to the clippers. None of my kids had curls, so I guess I never had the temptation to keep their hair for them.