Menu

Help me name my new buck. Please??

I finally found a buck that I can breed my does with. I have Nigerian Dwarfs and was having the hardest time finding a buck to breed them. Until last night. I went to a chicken auction and someone brought in a pygmy buck! I was so excited. You always need to breed a small buck to a larger doe, so the pygmy fit the bill for me. He will freshen up my does so they will be "in milk" and we will get some cute little crosses out of them. I am so happy. BUT...I would really like a name for him. He is just the most sweet, affectionate thing. He has huge brown eyes you could drown in and mile-long eyelashes. I just keep coming up with cheesy names.

So, if you feel inclined to help me, please go to my blog

http://www.herdingducks.blogspot.com and leave a comment to name him.

If it really, really annoys you that people like me come here and leave links to blogs, I apologize profusley. It is just too cumbersome to re-type everything.

Thanks!!

here are some names I found online. I searched for Nigerian Dwarf Goat names, and variations of that. I found a list of 'pet goat names', so I'm listing some below. Maybe this will get the 'name game' going. :001_smile: I think your new addition is absolutely darling, and I love his "heart shaped" coloring on his face. He's a charmer!!

Boomer

Ceasar

Romeo

Clover (too girly?)

Cocoa

Cookie

Cola

Comet

Duncan

Hercules (he *does* have a Herculean task ahead of him with those bigger does! ;))

Houdini (see Hercules)

Here is the website I found those names on:

http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/namelists/a/namesgoat.htm

This is fun!

No idea, but I love your chicks! We have week old buff orpingtons here...and one Columbian Wyandotte. :) We love love love our babies. I named my Columbian "Charlie." :)

I can totally "feel" you. I am so in love with my chicks.!

I really am pathetic. I go out and cuddle them every day.

I need a life.

:lol:

Off the top of my head, how about Buck Norris? :D I like naming animals after Hollywood men. We have a ragged blonde rooster called Nick Molte. :lol:

That. Is. hilarious....

I have a running joke with one of my friends about Chuck norris.

I will seriously have to consider that!

OH! He is precious!!

We have ND, but we didn't keep our little buck. Our dd's want to keep our "herd" named after characters from The Nutcracker, so we have Sugar, Plum, and Reed is the buck.

Can you find the Latin or Greek word for heart? (French is couer.)

He is just so cute!