Menu

We are watching Pirates of the Carribean 3...

Guest Virginia Dawn

I hate, hate, hated this movie. I liked the first, tolerated the second, and was begged by my sons to watch the third because they think it's the best thing they've ever seen. UGH. I think the whole movie could have been cut down to 15 minutes, start to finish. Story introduced, apex reached, conclusion met, voila! 15 minutes, tops, but I had to suffer another 2 hours (at least). I feel your pain.

I hate, hate, hated this movie. I liked the first, tolerated the second, and was begged by my sons to watch the third because they think it's the best thing they've ever seen. UGH. I think the whole movie could have been cut down to 15 minutes, start to finish. Story introduced, apex reached, conclusion met, voila! 15 minutes, tops, but I had to suffer another 2 hours (at least). I feel your pain.

There were several great story ideas, but I though there were too many for the movie to handle well. It felt like the movie was dragging in several parts. I was sad at the end, because while it seemed to set up a sequel for a happier resolution, I don't know that the movie was well enough done for a 4th to actually be made.

There were several great story ideas, but I though there were too many for the movie to handle well. It felt like the movie was dragging in several parts. I was sad at the end, because while it seemed to set up a sequel for a happier resolution, I don't know that the movie was well enough done for a 4th to actually be made.

Did you wait till the credits were over to see the end of the movie? I didn't realize there was more until I watched it a second time!

It would be great if they made a 4th!:)

Did you wait till the credits were over to see the end of the movie? I didn't realize there was more until I watched it a second time!

Oh, yes...you must *always* wait until after the credits.

Dh and I are almost always the last people in the theater, because you just never know what will happen during and after the credits.:D

Oh, yes...you must *always* wait until after the credits.

Dh and I are almost always the last people in the theater, because you just never know what will happen during and after the credits.:D

I am going to from now on!!

I was so upset the first time I watched it, I just could not believe they would end a movie that way!!!

ACK!! Normally we do but I was honestly so bored by the time the credits rolled that I couldn't be bothered by it.

Please tell me what happened? I am so not going to interupt the flow of Foyle's War and Dr. Who from Netflix to get that movie back again.

I need a spoiler!!

Sebastian

Percival Blakeney Academy

ACK!! Normally we do but I was honestly so bored by the time the credits rolled that I couldn't be bothered by it.

Please tell me what happened? I am so not going to interupt the flow of Foyle's War and Dr. Who from Netflix to get that movie back again.

I need a spoiler!!

Sebastian

Percival Blakeney Academy

You didn't!!! YIKES LOL

DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW THE END OF THE MOVIE:

It shows Elizabeth with a child standing on the edge of a cliff by the ocean...out in the distance you see a ship coming towards them.

You didn't!!! YIKES LOL

DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW THE END OF THE MOVIE:

It shows Elizabeth with a child standing on the edge of a cliff by the ocean...out in the distance you see a ship coming towards them.

Ah, so consolation but not resolution of all problems. On the other hand, it goes back to the Flying Dutchman legend. Hmm.

Thanks. I was so ready for the movie to be done that I couldn't wait it out.

Sebastian

I finally figured out the gist of the movies though. It came to me suddenly and I've seen all three movies in a different light since.

It's the story of a respectable, high class girl becoming a pirate. That's it. All that other stuff is just the way it comes to pass. The whole thing is like a big fantasy of some young girl about how she could become a pirate, a life she romaticizes.

I really enjoyed the first movie, but it's because I was deceived about the true nature of the characters. I thought I saw them correctly, but looking back after the three movies, I can see how wrong I was.

The worst part, to me, is that the noblest character (Will) ends up paying a very heavy price overall. Although, even he isn't as noble as I first believed.

Guest Virginia Dawn
It's the story of a respectable, high class girl becoming a pirate. That's it. All that other stuff is just the way it comes to pass. The whole thing is like a big fantasy of some young girl about how she could become a pirate, a life she romaticizes.

LOL!

I can't think of a Johnny Depp movie I have not liked, and I do believe I have seen them all. :eek:

Hey Jenny, I just couldn't stand that one he did where he wanders around with the Indian. Dead something or other...........It was so confusing and slow to me. Did you like that one? I love Johnny, but that one was too much to sit through for me.

It was just too abstract for me.

Dead Man. Very weird movie, but I LOVED that one! I also really really liked The Man Who Cried, which is not exactly one that I would normally go for, but the combination of Depp and Christina Ricci just melts me. They had better chemistry in that one than they did in Sleepy Hollow, although I don't know that I have liked a Johnny character more than him as Ichabod Crane. Too funny.

Yes, I loved Dead Man, but then I'm a big Jim Jarmusch fan as well (Night on Earth, Mystery Train, Stranger Than Paradise,...). I just had to have the Neal Young piece at the end, which was not on the soundtrack cd he did for the movie. Thankfully my brother knew a guy, who knew a guy, and now I have it :D. I also have the video on my MySpace page! :eek: I think I like him a bit too much :p