Menu

Teachers Pay Teachers Sitewide Back-to-School Sale - Aug. 1 & 2 only.

Yes, it's primarily digital products created by teachers, homeschoolers, clip artists, and others of similar profession from across the world (mostly America, though). Quality varies, so you need to really look at what you're buying.

Both products look neat. I'm not familiar with this website...so, you buy digital downloads and then print what you'll use?

• Like 1

I bought the Poetry Printable from Create Teach Share and the Liberty's Kids video response bundle from Miss E's Explorations. She wasn't doing the sale but it was on my list to get anyway.

I was planning on a bunch of Deep Space Sparkle stuff but it's not 100% necessary and at 10:30 last night, I was grumpy she wasn't participating in the sale. I've been waiting for this sale to stock up! Oh, well.

• Like 1

Yes, it's primarily digital products created by teachers, homeschoolers, clip artists, and others of similar profession from across the world (mostly America, though). Quality varies, so you need to really look at what you're buying.

Thank you!!! Will check it out :)
  • Like 1

I'm bummed too. I spent an entire day before the sale going through her products and aligning them to my spine in anticipation of this sale. I've bought her products on sale in the past, so I'm confused. Perhaps she's strategic and doesn't participate in the back-to-school sale because she has a following and knows her stuff will sale at full price. Maybe she participates in the other sales because they are during the year and business slows way down or something. I'll probably buy one or two things with the 10% off coupon to get me started and then hold out for the next sale and keep my fingers crossed.

I bought the Poetry Printable from Create Teach Share and the Liberty's Kids video response bundle from Miss E's Explorations. She wasn't doing the sale but it was on my list to get anyway.

I was planning on a bunch of Deep Space Sparkle stuff but it's not 100% necessary and at 10:30 last night, I was grumpy she wasn't participating in the sale. I've been waiting for this sale to stock up! Oh, well.

• Like 1

I like Miss Giraffe for K-1 phonics and math centers and worksheets: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Miss-Giraffe

I've also really liked https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Nothing-But-Class and would like to find another store with similar novel studies and more titles.  

Good stuff for middle grades from Runde's Room and Nitty Gritty Science too.  I like Mel & Gerdy, but we're not on biology this year.  Looking forward to using their products when we are back to bio again.  Was disappointed in the word roots things I bought from Lovin' Lit, but we'll see how it goes with DS.  (These are very color and write oriented and he doesn't like to color, likely my own fault).

Any recommendations for grammar or Lit/novel studies for middle grades?

• Like 1

I'm bummed too. I spent an entire day before the sale going through her products and aligning them to my spine in anticipation of this sale. I've bought her products on sale in the past, so I'm confused. Perhaps she's strategic and doesn't participate in the back-to-school sale because she has a following and knows her stuff will sale at full price. Maybe she participates in the other sales because they are during the year and business slows way down or something. I'll probably buy one or two things with the 10% off coupon to get me started and then hold out for the next sale and keep my fingers crossed.

Side question-- what art spine are you using?  Would you mind sharing your match ups?  I've procrastinated on planning art!

Also, pitterpatter, you may like this one, it looks to be a no prep, open and go, similar in style to Kilgallon: 

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sentence-Spotlight-A-Collection-of-Mentor-Sentences-BUNDLE-2134935

Edited by Carrousel
  • Like 2

To start off the year, we're using 13 Artists Children Should Know. I'm supplementing with picture books and a couple of DVDs from the library too, but I'm not sure which ones I'll use yet. I won't pick up our first round of books from the library until this weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/13-Artists-Children-Should-Know/dp/3791341731/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470164529&sr=8-1&keywords=13+artists+children+should+know

To get the most bang for my buck, I just bought the following two DSS products. The Mini Masters might be a little below level for DD, but she won't mind (the title says K-2, but the preview says K-3...DD is a young 4th grader who can be a wee bit art challenged). I'll buy another product or two later in the year.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Art-lessons-Mini-Modern-Masters-K-2-518993

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Modern-Masters-Art-Lessons-for-Grades-3-6-433125

Below is what I typed up the other day for myself to help plan art. The books listed are the ones my library has. "X DSS" means that Deep Space Sparkle doesn't have any lessons to match the artist in the book. If the space is left blank next to the artist, it means DSS does have a lesson to match, but I either didn't care for it or thought DD wouldn't like it. (I'm no longer getting the Rousseau video lesson since DSS didn't participate in the sale.)

DSS has more lessons within her "The Masters" link on the side of her store that match up, some that I like even better than the ones I chose, but I was trying to be frugal. I let DD choose the Picasso lesson. I liked the rooster one better, but hey, it's her art.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Deep-Space-Sparkle

---------------------------------

Artist Study: Fourth Grade - 2016-17

13 Artists Children Should Know + Deep Space Sparkle Art Lessons

Leonardo da Vinci (X DSS)

Jan Vermeer (X DSS)

·         The Vermeer interviews : conversations with seven works of art / as imagined by Bob Raczka

Claude Monet (DSS - The Modern Masters, K-2: Monet's Water Lilies)

·         Claude Monet / written and illustrated by Mike Venezia

·         Claude Monet / by Katherine Kreig

·         Claude Monet : the painter who stopped the trains / by P.I. Maltbie

·         Who was Claude Monet? / by Ann Waldron ; illustrated by Stephen Marchesi

·         The magical garden of Claude Monet / Laurence Anholt

·         Monet's impressions / words and pictures by Claude Monet

·         The garden of Monsieur Monet / Giancarlo Ascari, Pia Valentinis

·         Monet paints a day / Julie Danneberg ; illustrated by Caitlin Heimerl

·         Linnea in Monet's garden / [text] Christina Björk ; & [drawings] Lena Anderson

·         Artobet [videorecording] : [a magical adventure of artists from A to Z!] / produced and directed by Carol Pineau ; written by Carol Pineau, Eleanor Palm ; Little Great Thinkers

Henri Rousseau (DSS - Henri Rousseau Jungle Drawings)

·         Henri Rousseau / written and illustrated by Mike Venezia

·         The fantastic jungles of Henri Rousseau / written by Michelle Markel

Mary Cassatt (X DSS)

·         Mary Cassatt / by Linda Cernak ; illustrated by J.T. Morrow

·         Mary Cassatt : extraordinary impressionist painter / Barbara Herkert

·         Mary Cassatt / written and illustrated by Mike Venezia

·         Mary Cassatt : impressionist painter / Lois V. Harris

·         Mary Cassatt / Susan E. Meyer

Vincent van Gogh (DSS - The Modern Masters: Van Gogh's Irises)

·         Vincent van Gogh / written and illustrated by Mark Venezia

·         Vincent van Gogh / by Linda Cernak ; illustrated by J.T. Morrow

·         Vincent Van Gogh [videorecording] / produced by Kiki Stathakis, Mike Venezia, Nancy Slattery

·         Vincent van Gogh : sunflowers and swirly stars / by Joan Holub

·         Vincent van Gogh and the colors of the wind / text by Chiara Lossani

·         Vincent's colors / words and pictures by Vincent van Gogh ; [edited by William Lach]

·         Camille and the sunflowers : a story about Vincent Van Gogh / by Laurence Anholt

·         The artist and me / written by Shane Peacock ; illustrated by Sophie Casson

Henri Matisse (DSS - The Modern Masters: Matisse's Purple Robe or TMM, K-2: Matisse's Goldfish)

·         Henri Matisse / written and illustrated by Mike Venezia

·         Henri Matisse / Jude Welton

·         The iridescence of birds : a book about Henri Matisse / Patricia MacLachlan

·         Matisse's garden / Samantha Friedman

·         Colorful dreamer : the story of artist Henri Matisse

·         Henri's scissors / by Jeanette Winter

·         When Pigasso met Mootisse / by Nina Laden

·         Matisse / by Ellen Sturm

Paul Klee (DSS - The Modern Masters, K-2: Klee's Cat)

·         Paul Klee / written and illustrated by Mike Venezia ; consultant Meg Moss

·         The cat and the bird : inspired by a painting by Paul Klee / text by Géraldine Elschner

Franz Marc (X DSS)

·         The artist who painted a blue horse / Eric Carle

·         El artista que pinto un caballo azul / por Eric Carle

Pablo Picasso (DSS - Easy Cubist Art Activities)

·         Pablo Picasso / written and illustrated by Mike Venezia

·         Pablo Picasso / by Darice Bailer ; illustrated by J.T. Morrow

·         Who was Pablo Picasso? / written and illustrated by True Kelley

·         Just behave, Pablo Picasso! / by Jonah Winter

·         The boy who bit Picasso / Antony Penrose

·         Lumpito and the painter from Spain / story by Monica Kulling

·         Paris in the spring with Picasso / by Joan Yolleck ; pictures by Marjorie Priceman

·         And Picasso painted Guernica / written and designed by Alain Serres

·         Picasso and Minou / P.I. Maltbie

Marc Chagall (DSS - The Modern Masters: Chagall's Surrealism)

·         Papa Chagall, tell us a story / Laurence Anholt

·         Self-portrait with seven fingers : the life of Marc Chagall in verse / J. Patrick Lewis & Jane Yolen

·         Noah's ark : from Genesis, chapters 6-9 / adapted by Linda Falken

Frida Kahlo

·         Frida Kahlo / by Mike Venezia

·         Frida Kahlo : the artist who painted herself / by Margaret Fry ; illustrated by Tomie dePaola

·         Who was Frida Kahlo? / by Sarah Fabiny ; illustrated by Jerry Hoare

·         Me, Frida / by Amy Novesky ; illustrated by David Diaz

·         Viva Frida / Yuyi Morales ; photography by Tim O'Meara

Andy Warhol

·         Andy Warhol / written and illustrated by Mike Venezia

·         Andy Warhol [videorecording] / Getting to Know, Inc. ; created by Mike Venezia

·         Who was Andy Warhol? / by Kirsten Anderson ; illustrated by Gregory Copeland

·         Fabulous! : a portrait of Andy Warhol / by Bonnie Christensen

·         Uncle Andy's cats / James Warhola

Side question-- what art spine are you using?  Would you mind sharing your match ups?  I've procrastinated on planning art!

Edited by pitterpatter
  • Like 3

I bought an Alice's Adventures in Wonderland study guide and a Beowulf unit plan ... because we start school next week and those are the books my kids are starting with and I had ZERO plans for lit beyond a vocabulary list and having chosen the literature list for Fall semester. This gives me a solid starting place.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing this! It's a really nice product.  :thumbup1:  I've added it to my wishlist.

Also, pitterpatter, you may like this one, it looks to be a no prep, open and go, similar in style to Kilgallon: 

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sentence-Spotlight-A-Collection-of-Mentor-Sentences-BUNDLE-2134935

These are nice and more visually appealing than most.

I like Miss Giraffe for K-1 phonics and math centers and worksheets: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Miss-Giraffe

I've also really liked https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Nothing-But-Class and would like to find another store with similar novel studies and more titles.  

Good stuff for middle grades from Runde's Room and Nitty Gritty Science too.  I like Mel & Gerdy, but we're not on biology this year.  Looking forward to using their products when we are back to bio again.  Was disappointed in the word roots things I bought from Lovin' Lit, but we'll see how it goes with DS.  (These are very color and write oriented and he doesn't like to color, likely my own fault).

Any recommendations for grammar or Lit/novel studies for middle grades?