Menu

Cracked feet

Luanne

Not sure what you've already tried.

Maybe slathering on a TON of lotion (more than absorbs) before you go to bed, putting cotton socks over the lotion, and sleeping that way.

Do you normally go barefoot?  If so, trying wearing socks (with lotion!) and shoes regularly may help.

How cracked are they?  Is this just a cold weather thing for you, or is it a long term thing?  My husband's hands were painfully cracked and bleeding from working outside in the weather in New York, and they never healed up for years.  We tried everything, eating good fats, coconut oil, lotions, etc.  So at one point, several years ago, he needed jock itch cream...TMI, I know. His hands healed up, and we were trying to figure out why.  I did a little research and cracked skin won't heal because of a fungus growing in the cracks.  So just throwing that out there. 

Make sure it's not actually severe athlete's foot. Balms can make it worse, not better. You may need a medicated athlete's foot cream, for several weeks. That typically involves really de-funging floors and such. And shoes that are worn without socks may need to be tossed to prevent reinfection.

'

• Like 1

Remove as much of the dry skin as you can using a shaver. Then smear with heavy lotion every night and wear socks around the house.

I've had a lot of problems in the past with cracked feet and this was the solution that worked for me. 

This callus reducer is terrific:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001LH6UA?keywords=sof%20feet%20callus%20reducer&qid=1448859950&ref_=sr_1_7&sr=8-7

What's worked best for heavy lotion is a really cheap solution--$4 tub of Vaseline with Cocoa Butter--and then fleecy socks. 

Once healed they need more of the same treatment to take care of problems before it gets bad. 

• Like 1

My dad thought he had dry feet but it was athlete's foot. Never had itching or any other symptoms. The dermatologist recommended soaking in vinegar.

Look on Amazon for "Baby Foot." It's a weird peel thing that's supposed to be amazing. My best friend loves it. Read the reviews for tips.