Menu

Happy Diwali!

Cammie

Dear Friends,

It is time once again to celebrate the festival of lights here in India.

Houses are all decorated with festive lights (like the really Christmassy neighborhoods at home!)

Fireworks started under my window at 4:30 this morning...luckily they were just for a few minutes.  From tonight through tomorrow night Bangalore will start to sound like a war zone!  It does seem, however, that every year the amount of fireworks used reduces as noise pollution and air pollution concerns are talked about more.

The shops were busy, busy, busy today!  I had to pick up lots of Indian sweets for us and to give as gifts, clay tea lights, flower garlands for the front door, etc.

Festival season is the most fun time to live in India!

Happy Diwali to all of you!

Thanks for sharing:)

I really try to share holidays from different countries and cultures with my dd4 as she loves any excuse to learn about new people and places. It can be hard to keep track of them so I love that the Hive reminds me.

We were able to find some amazing pictures and video on the web, we made little lanterns and strung Christmas lights in her bedroom, had special treats reading a Diwali book from the library.

Tonight daddy is going to light off a few left over fireworks. I bet the neighbors are going to LOVE us, lol.