Menu

Interesting Coursera Courses

TeacherZee

I was perusing Coursera Courses last night and found some I thought might be of interest to the Hive considering some recent threads.

Vaccines from the University of Pennsylvania

Principles of Public Health from UC Irvine

Contraception: Choices, Culture and Consequences from UC San Francisco

All the courses are on "coming soon" status. I think I will be taking all of them, and it would be fun if several of us could take them at the same time and discuss them here. If anyone is interested I could start a social group for it, to keep what will probably be a heated discussion off the chat board :)

I'm particularly interested in the one on Public Health.  The vaccine one might be interesting, too.  Not so sure about the contraception one.  My plumbing is vintage now, so kind of a moot point on the personal level. ;)

I love Coursera. :D  Those look interesting, thanks!

I've been doing Buddhism and Modern Psychology.  It's fascinating.  The guy's a really engaging speaker.  Highly recommend that one, if you're interested in Buddhism.

I'm doing this one too, plus Practical Ethics with Peter Singer.

I mostly just watch the videos. The discussion boards are sometimes very juvenile, sometimes not. Trollers abound.

I'm doing this one too,

I've been doing Buddhism and Modern Psychology.  It's fascinating.  The guy's a really engaging speaker.  Highly recommend that one, if you're interested in Buddhism.

I'm in there as well!

I think it's the best one I've ever taken. (Also trying to keep up with the Solar System one that just started and Python Programming, but the Python one is kicking my you-know-what. Lots of info at once. I may transfer into Codeacademy.) :)

But yes, Robert Wright is doing an amazing job in the Buddhism/Psychology class. Have you guys found his BloggingHeadsTV yet? Awesome discussions there....

I'm in there as well!

I think it's the best one I've ever taken. (Also trying to keep up with the Solar System one that just started and Python Programming, but the Python one is kicking my you-know-what. Lots of info at once. I may transfer into Codeacademy.) :)

But yes, Robert Wright is doing an amazing job in the Buddhism/Psychology class. Have you guys found his BloggingHeadsTV yet? Awesome discussions there....

No, I haven't. I'll look for it.

I do like this one. I find that the ones that are straightforward, teacher talking directly to student (us), are the best.