Menu

My dd's foot is swollen from a bee sting

garddwr

Dd5 was stung by a bee three days ago, and her entire foot and ankle are still swollen (the sting was on the top of her foot--not sure how that happened). She says it isn't bothering her much anymore, but I am wondering if this is an allergic reaction and might be worse next time? I know bee sting allergies can be life threatening and want to be prepared if she reacts worse next time. We have lots of bees around--she is the third family member to be stung this year.

I swell like that every time I am stung and have always. Not that she doesn't need an epipen, but it could just be severe swelling. I don't know that my parents ever took me to the doctor, but the itching was horrendous! I would take benadryl to take the edge off, but I can remember it to this day and I haven't been stung since college.

If this happens again with any kind of bite, mark the edges with a pen and take a picture. If the doctor can see that it got bigger instead of better as days passed, that would be helpful.

I was stung by a wasp at a birthday party when I was almost 8. My ankle was swollen for at least 3 days. Three years ago I was stung (only the 2nd time ever) by a wasp (this time 3 times) and did have to go to the doctor to get antibiotics. I try to avoid wasps now as much as possible.