Menu

What is the name of that website that you plug in what you eat for the day and it gives calorie, protein, etc. breakdown?

HappyGrace

Okay-I checked three of them out-I actually joined them all and tried plugging in my foods from today (that I had kept notes on paper). All were good and very intuitive to use but I ended up going with My Fitness Pal. I liked that it had many food choices (even my Raw Revolution food bars which no one has hardly ever heard of!) I liked that it was a bit more customizable than the others-you can put in like 1/2 T of bbq sauce instead of having to put the whole T, etc. By having exact names of brand name foods, plus being able to pick exactly how much I used of things, it made a difference of 400 calories from the other sites!!!!!

The only two small beefs with it is I wish you could put the time in for each meal each day (you can do it generally, but I eat at different times each day)-you can put times as notes in the notepad section though. And it would be a tiny bit better if when you start typing in the name of the food, if it would automatically try to guess what you mean (like Google does) so you can just click on it, instead of having to write the whole name of the food in and press enter. (the other two sites do have this). Maybe I will offer these as suggestions to them!

Thanks for the recommendations!

There are a bunch of us on MFP from here, and we've friended each other to lend support, etc. ;)

I used FitDay for years, but I love that my iPhone MFP app can add things by barcode. And there doesn't seem to be anything it doesn't have in the database. Even blog and magazine recipes!