Menu

Oh mercy! I just goofed big time!

I was going through e-mails this evening -- replying, deleting, noting dates on my calendar. I opened an e-mail from the director of admissions at Wake Forest urging ds1 to apply through a direct application. I *thought* I was forwarding the e-mail to ds1 BUT . . . I hit reply! To the director of admissions. This was my message to my ds:

Do you want to apply for fun? You never know what God has planned for you. Mom

*FOR FUN?* :eek: :o:

Ds has the 100% Bright Futures scholarship, so he's looking seriously at Florida schools. What I meant was that it might be fun to see if he gets admitted and what money is available! As in exciting fun. :D

Note to self: do not be so quick in responding to e-mail!

Lisa

:leaving:

This is one of those moments where my boys would say, "Uh-oh is right, but this is no time for Spaghetti-O's!"

:willy_nilly:

If it makes you feel any better, I have friends who work in admissions, and they tell all kinds of horror stories (moms calling pretending to be their children, etc.), and this is fairly mild, compared to what they see on a shockingly regular basis!

One day, my hsuband and I were playing back in forth in e-mail. He e-mailed me and said that he would be late coming home. I wrote back, "turd." He responded, "not a turd." Only he didn't send it to ME...he sent it to the legal team at his work. See, apparently, he had been discussing a deposition with the legal team. The conversation with the head legal dept lady went something like this:

dh: can we meet tomorrow to look over this deposition?

legal dept lady: Sure, noon is good for me.

dh: Not a turd.

I still laugh when I think of this. Dh was distruaght (LOL) which made it even more amusing. He called the woman the next day and told her that he was sorry - he was having a conversation with his wife and accidentally sent the message to her instead. Her response: "Oh, okay. I was wondering why you were suddenly discussing your BOWEL HABITS with me." :001_huh: :lol::lol::lol:

One day, my husband and I were playing back in forth in e-mail. He e-mailed me and said that he would be late coming home. I wrote back, "turd." He responded, "not a turd."

Good grief, I just about choked laughing now (it doesn't help to have a cold)!

My daughter was the recipient of an email intended for someone else. She had sent a query to a college's summer program and the recipient had clearly intended to forward it but must have hit reply. I've inadvertently done the same thing a time to ten. It always leads to that Egads! feeling.

Regards,

Kareni

I agree that the admissions secretary has probably seen worse.

Once my dh, who was over the pastoral network of our church (around 2000 people), tried to send an email to another pastor with sensitive information about someone in the church who needed this pastor's attention. He accidentally sent it to THE WHOLE CHURCH. He was frantically trying to stop it, unplugging his computer, etc., but it was too late.

One day, my hsuband and I were playing back in forth in e-mail. He e-mailed me and said that he would be late coming home. I wrote back, "turd." He responded, "not a turd." Only he didn't send it to ME...he sent it to the legal team at his work. See, apparently, he had been discussing a deposition with the legal team. The conversation with the head legal dept lady went something like this:

I still laugh when I think of this. Dh was distruaght (LOL) which made it even more amusing. He called the woman the next day and told her that he was sorry - he was having a conversation with his wife and accidentally sent the message to her instead. Her response: "Oh, okay. I was wondering why you were suddenly discussing your BOWEL HABITS with me." :001_huh: :lol::lol::lol:

bwahahaha, she apparently thought he was reporting in on that topic?!?!

:smilielol5:

I am laughing so hard it is splitting my sides open. LOL

I agree that the admissions secretary has probably seen worse.

Once my dh, who was over the pastoral network of our church (around 2000 people), tried to send an email to another pastor with sensitive information about someone in the church who needed this pastor's attention. He accidentally sent it to THE WHOLE CHURCH. He was frantically trying to stop it, unplugging his computer, etc., but it was too late.

Oh my. This is more :001_huh: than funny. Your poor husband.

I am laughing so hard it is splitting my sides open. LOL

We joked that he should call her and tell her that "Not a turd" was the new slang for "not a problem" or the equivalent to "okey doke." But the icing on the cake was when she mentioned his bowel habits! LOL How exactly would that conversation go?

Me: Honey, have you gone poo today?

Him: Kind-of

Me: What do you mean, kind of?

Him: Well, it just wasn't quite right?

Me: Why honey, if it was a turd, then you went poo.

Him: Not a turd.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::lol:

We joked that he should call her and tell her that "Not a turd" was the new slang for "not a problem" or the equivalent to "okey doke." But the icing on the cake was when she mentioned his bowel habits!

Honestly, I can't remember when I laughed so hard...I can go to bed happy now :D

We joked that he should call her and tell her that "Not a turd" was the new slang for "not a problem" or the equivalent to "okey doke." But the icing on the cake was when she mentioned his bowel habits! LOL How exactly would that conversation go?

Me: Honey, have you gone poo today?

Him: Kind-of

Me: What do you mean, kind of?

Him: Well, it just wasn't quite right?

Me: Why honey, if it was a turd, then you went poo.

Him: Not a turd.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::lol:

:smilielol5: Can't. breathe. Must not wake up ds. :smilielol5:

still laughing here..... I pictured it as you were talking to your husband, he informed you he was going to go "do some business", then he had to report back in regarding said business. As in "well sadly, it was not a turd afterall".

It only makes it funnier that your husband is reserved at the office.... I can't stop laughing!

Edited by RanchGirl

I read this and could not. stop. laughing!:lol:

I just cut and pasted this story and sent it to my mom. I changed all the dh's to husband so she would be able to understand it....so I reread it before I hit send and about spit my coffee all over my screen. I can't. stop. laughing. Seriously, I have tears on my face.