Menu

WOOHOO Trader Joe's comes to VA Beach!

I'm so excited. I live in Chesapeake VA and I've had to drive 45 minutes to an hour to get to a Trader Joes. They just opened one up in Virginia beach which will be about 25 minutes for me to get to, and yes to me even the 45minutes was worth it.

The kids and I can't wait to go tomorrow and stock up on our favorites. I can already taste the 100 calorie packs of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. We love the pizza sauce too and haven't made homemade pizza in a while because we're out. :(

Anyone else have TJ favorites?

I'm so excited. I live in Chesapeake VA and I've had to drive 45 minutes to an hour to get to a Trader Joes. They just opened one up in Virginia beach which will be about 25 minutes for me to get to, and yes to me even the 45minutes was worth it.

The kids and I can't wait to go tomorrow and stock up on our favorites. I can already taste the 100 calorie packs of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. We love the pizza sauce too and haven't made homemade pizza in a while because we're out. :(

Oooh, it's already open? :auto:

Oooh, it's already open? :auto:

I just called them and the nice lady that answered 30 minutes after closing said "Yes Mam, we officially opened today" When I said "great we'll see you tomorrow" she said "Great we'll look forward to seeing you" She was so nice.

I loved Virginia Beach, but I did miss not having a Trader Joe's close by.

I just got home from out TJ's. I am going to try the pizza sauce on my next visit! My favorites:

Rice Bread

Raspberry Vinaigrette

TJ's Bold and Smokey Kansas City Barbeque Sauce

Tuscan Italian Salad Dressing

Mini Peanut Butter Cups (I try really hard not to buy these though)

Rice Pasta

Midnight Moo (HFCS free chocolate Syrup)

Organic Blue Agave Nectar

We finally got one in Richmond last fall. Prior to that it was a two hour trip to Charlottesville.:auto:

My boys really like the Orange Chicken; unfortunately it takes two bags + two bags of veggie stir-fry rice to feed the five of us, and DD only eats the rice. :tongue_smilie:

I'm SO excited for you!!! That happened to us a couple years ago - I used to drive 45 minutes to get to TJs and now I go 2 minutes! Love it!

I don't usually buy the pre-packaged food there. It takes too much to feed my family to make it worth it. So, we stick to:

peanut butter

tortillas

European Style yogurt

frozen veggies and fruits

pasta

wine

chips

salsa

eggs (depending on price)

I did buy a bunch of their packaged foods for appetizers once. Their spring rolls are WONDERFUL!

Have fun shopping!

Oh - and I agree that everyone there is SO nice!!! I always come out in a great mood.

I'd drive 45 minutes there in a minute. Enjoy yourselves!

Chesapeake and VB are so beautiful, sniff, sniff...

It's about 10 minutes from my house. Plus it's near Target, Joann's and Michaels. :)

I never went to the Newport News one because of the tunnel traffic.

Wow, Nest of 3 that means you're not that far from me. I used to live in VB last time the Navy sent us here. Actually they sent us here twice before and the 1st time since we only had 1 child we lived in some apartments near Lynnhaven Mall, the 2nd time we were a family of 5 so we lived near the VB courthouse.

Glad to hear the JoAnns is still there too, because I have to pick up some quilt batting too. :)

Hey Kel- I also live in Chesapeake, VA....my homeschool friend, Wendy, lives in Va Beach. I just heard about Trader Joe's out our way...wahoo!

Virginia Beach

503 Hilltop Plaza

Virginia Beach, VA 23454

Trading Hours: 9 am – 9 pm

Phone: 757-422-4840

I like to buy:

-organic blue Agave syrup/nectar

-rice pastas

-nut butters

-Haas avocados

-pomegranite limeade

-dried fruits and nuts

and more.........

Where in Va Beach is it? I'm from the area (lived in Cradock, attended Maury, graduated from Lake Taylor), and my cousin lives in Va Beach. I might recommend TJ to her.

In the shopping center in front of Target at Hilltop. On Laskin Road.

Wow, Nest of 3 that means you're not that far from me. I used to live in VB last time the Navy sent us here. Actually they sent us here twice before and the 1st time since we only had 1 child we lived in some apartments near Lynnhaven Mall, the 2nd time we were a family of 5 so we lived near the VB courthouse.

Glad to hear the JoAnns is still there too, because I have to pick up some quilt batting too. :)

Do you know that we WTM ladies meet once a month at the Barnes and Noble in Greenbrier?

the organic coffees (I prefer the Bolivian kind)

the awesome whole wheat tortillas

the fage yogurt

frozen pizzas

Sorbet (I really like the mango/soy sorbet)

the blue corn chips

the wine selection (though they have some really bad ones too)

I have had bad luck with their bagged salads - often a bag well under the "buy by date" will have gross bits.