Menu

....with my new Kindle 2!!!!! I just got it today and the first book I started reading was Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell and it is a great book. And it is TRUE, you forget that you are not reading a book! It's really weird, but true!

So we were planning on buying one for dh too once we figured out whether or not we liked it but now we are wondering if we should get the DX just to have one of each. What do you all think?

I am so envious!! I have debated and debated whether or not to get one. I finally talked myself out of it and then you go and post this.:glare::D

BTW...I would order the DX to have one of each.;)

Heading to Amazon now...:auto:

What type of stuff would DH be reading? Someone posted yesterday that the DX is the size of the a National Geographic. WOuld that work for the way the other person reads? Easy to carry around?

But i really like the bigger size, i think that really helps with giving it to "kids" to use for textbooks too. Then the ease of using PDFs on it.... I think i'd want one of each :D

Glad you love it!!

Heather- I was thinking about getting the new one. It looks so huge. Does it come in color now? Do you think you read more with it? I really want one, but I already sleep with my mac book, my iphone etc. I can't imagine carrying another thing around with me!

It's not in color yet - apparently the eink technology is close to having a color solution.

Of course, there is the rumored "something" from Apple :D

What she said.

I keep telling myself that it would be to complicated because I'm not in the US. That is my excuse. But I so want one!

Actually, that is WHY I got one...because we are moving to Malaysia. Our shipping budget cannot accomodate all my heavy books. You can still download books, just not wirelessly (you have to hook it to your computer with the USB cable). And you do have to have a U.S. bank account which we have to have anyways since Malaysia won't let us have one there!:D

It's not in color yet - apparently the eink technology is close to having a color solution.

Of course, there is the rumored "something" from Apple :D

See, I was all getting excited *thinking* I would put this on my wish list, and then you go and mention something from Apple. I am an Apple fan, so I would wait. :D

Actually, that is WHY I got one...because we are moving to Malaysia. Our shipping budget cannot accomodate all my heavy books. You can still download books, just not wirelessly (you have to hook it to your computer with the USB cable). And you do have to have a U.S. bank account which we have to have anyways since Malaysia won't let us have one there!:D

shhhhhhhh...you are an enabler!:D:D I do have a US bank account. So *sticks fingers in ears*

*sings lalalalala I can't hear youuuuuuuu*

:D:lol::D:lol:

Wait, wait, what about all the hundreds of books you have?? And how much are the Kindle books?

I am keeping all my absolute favorites and selling the rest. Your read correctly...SELLING THEM. And I am using the money from the sale to load up my Kindle. :D Books are cheaper in their Kindle version too! For instance, the book I am reading right now is $17 on Amazon but the Kindle version is only $10. And a lot of the "classics" are FREEE or $1, etc.

Last night I downloaded "Lord of the Flies" for about $3 for my ds. He turned on the "text-to-speech" feature and read along with it and was enthralled for hours! I think I am going to need more Kindles! :tongue_smilie:

Okay ladies, my dh has offered several time to get one for me but my question is, "Can I take it into the bathtub?". That's my favorite (and least interrrupted) place to read.

I haven't tried it, but I've heard that people just put it in a gallon size zip lock bag. Same thing if you want to use it on the beach.

ETA: Looks like they make some waterproof covers too.

Edited by Herding Cats in NC