Menu

What do you have over your piano?

We moved our piano from a back room, into the living room. I never decorated over the piano previously, but now it looks bare. What do you have, or have seen, that looks nice over a piano.

Growing up we had an antique mirror over it, so I keep going there in my mind.

It is a simple style, dark wood, upright piano.

Guest Virginia Dawn

Ours is simple dark and upright, it has two wall sconces over it and a vase that my dh bought me from greece on top of the piano. That's it, if you don't count the piles of piano books.

Growing up we had an antique mirror over it, so I keep going there in my mind.

We have a simple upright piano with an antique mirror over it. I have family photos, a plant, and an antique clock sitting on top of the piano.

Ours is in front of a window, so nothing over it. My mom has one similar to this. She drapes a lace runner over the flat top and has an urn (fancy decorative one) and two decorative plates on stands. I think she may have some silver picture frames.

An antique mirror would be perty. :)

I had a bare recessed space in our living room and wasn't sure what to do with it. I knew I wanted to put the piano there, but it wasn't big enough for the space. And it wasn't situated quite right for our living room furniture, so I decided to add one of those sectional entertainment centers without the TV stand.

Obviously, this was taken around Christmas.

tmpphpay4y5Z.jpg

We have a gallery style wall of family pictures behind and around the piano, and then there are more sitting on top. We also have a crystal lamp and a beautiful fabric print runner. It's full, but looks very nice together.

Blessings,

Lucinda

you know.. like reading lamps you would put on either side of a bed? I'm sure they have name, but it escapes me right now! The are from the Kathy Ireland lamp collection, and are very pretty.

also have an antiquey style mirror hanging above it, and a wooden angel from southern living sitting on top of the piano.. and a pink valentine's day stuffed bear is still sitting there, enjoying the music.. and stacks and stacks of piano books (I have 4 kids studying piano at the moment, soon to be 5).

I also have a pretty 5 foot tall palm tree sitting in a bright red pot beside the piano.

it's very purty! :001_smile: