Menu

Need shampoo suggestion for teen ds14..smells like a goat:)

Sorry, it is true. Our daughter went through the same thing years ago, but we cannot remember what we used.

He is taking a shower everyday with deodorant soap:). Thats no a problem..just the hair.

It is a very heavy hormonal smell.:tongue_smilie:

Thank u al for suggestions.

Lacy

Sorry, it is true. Our daughter went through the same thing years ago, but we cannot remember what we used.

He is taking a shower everyday with deodorant soap:). Thats no a problem..just the hair.

It is a very heavy hormonal smell.:tongue_smilie:

Thank u al for suggestions.

Lacy

Calvin was getting that smell, but it turned out he wasn't washing thoroughly.

Laura

You could have him rinse his hair with white vinegar, rubbing it into his scalp to clean it well. He could then rinse out the vinegar and shampoo with his favorite shampoo. He won't need to use as much shampoo as he did without using vinegar first.

Vinegar is good at getting out odors and the odor of the vinegar will rinse out.

You can also put vinegar in the washing machine to get odor out of clothes.

You could have him rinse his hair with white vinegar, rubbing it into his scalp to clean it well. He could then rinse out the vinegar and shampoo with his favorite shampoo. He won't need to use as much shampoo as he did without using vinegar first.

Vinegar is good at getting out odors and the odor of the vinegar will rinse out.

You can also put vinegar in the washing machine to get odor out of clothes.

Baking soda does the same! I went through a mega-greasy hair year.

Make sure he is using his figertips (not nails that can cause scratches/infections) to rub and massage his scalp while he is shampooing. (not hard but well) It remidied the problem for my kiddos. If they don't scrub the shedded skin cells/oils build up and that is what causes the smell.

To use baking soda, you can either mix a tablespoon into the shampoo in your palm before applying it to your hair or you can put a tablespoon or two in the bottom of a cup, add warm water from the shower, stir with your fingers, then work it into your hair, pouring it on a little at a time. Massage in, rinse well, then shampoo.

I use baking soda instead of shampoo and it works very well. One of my sons does this, too. It does not work well by itself if you have oily hair, though.

Mary

To use baking soda, you can either mix a tablespoon into the shampoo in your palm before applying it to your hair or you can put a tablespoon or two in the bottom of a cup, add warm water from the shower, stir with your fingers, then work it into your hair, pouring it on a little at a time. Massage in, rinse well, then shampoo.

I use baking soda instead of shampoo and it works very well. One of my sons does this, too. It does not work well by itself if you have oily hair, though.

Mary

Thanks, Mary! :001_smile:

Cat

My 11 year old has gone through this. I started washing it myself and the smell still didn't go away. He could come out of the tub smelling like flowery shampoo AND stinky-goat-boy simultaneously. I gave up washing him myself and continued shopping for something that would help.

One night, he gave me a kiss before bed and he smelled GOOD! I asked what he did differently and he said he was just using the new white bottle of shampoo I bought. I hadn't bought him a white bottle of shampoo, so we investigated. He was using the Ivory Liquid Body Soap on his head. Whatever. It smelled good, so we kept it up. After we ran out of that, I forgot to re-buy for a little while. On a desperate whim, I told him to soak his head with Listerine before shampooing. He did that for several weeks and it fixed it! I wonder if it wasn't some sort of fungal somethin-or-other.

This was all after trying the Neutrogena and loads of other deep cleaning, clarifying, expensive shampoos....none of which helped us.