Menu

Prayer request for dd's very close friend

My 17yog has a very dear friend. Their family take my dd with them for family trips, etc. R. is 18 and has a tumor in her brain. It is supposed to be benign. Another tumor is recently suspected and she has had a very bad head ache for 5 days and counting. She was given pain medication and that hasn't been very helpful. She has a doctor appointment today.

This girl is lovely, dear to her family, so wholesome. She is a volunteer at church in child's ministries. And she is one of my dd's closest friends. We are very nervous. I'll post an update when we get one... I think we'll know as soon as anyone what is suggested by the Dr.s.

Thank you,

Bee

Robin went to the dr. today. They don't have a known cause for the head ache, but tomorrow they will be looking for more tumors with a brain scan. The pain has gotten worse and she is not allowed to take any more medication for pain because it interferes with the medication that is keeping the tumor from growing.

Thank you for the prayer support. It's a very troubling, sad time. I can feel dd hurt and sense the family's pain.

Bee

Robin had her dr. appt. They scheduled her for a spinal tap to run some further tests prior to the brain scan. We wont know more for a couple of weeks. Her pain continues.

(I feel frustrated... I don't know that I would do things differently because I don't know the relationship between the parents and the doctors... but to wait for 2 more weeks for a spinal and then a brain scan... seems like they'd be wanting to know more immediately... )