Menu

I have a lump on the back of my neck.

I found it Thursday night after Judo--it's on the back of my neck about a 1/2 inch or so down from my hairline. It's pea sized and hard. My neck has been hurting up and down that side (muscle-ish type pain).

I'm trying not to be worried, but I am. I've had a sore throat off and on since November, and I just generally haven't felt well. I have a doctor's appointment later this morning.

It's possible that I did something in Judo that caused it (I do get a cyst that comes and goes on my wrist), and my Dad used to get lumps in his arms that he had to get removed.

Anyway, I would appreciate prayers today--that I would trust in God with all my heart, mind, and soul and that I don't waste time worrying when I know God is in control. Also for wisdom for the doctor.

I found it Thursday night after Judo--it's on the back of my neck about a 1/2 inch or so down from my hairline. It's pea sized and hard. My neck has been hurting up and down that side (muscle-ish type pain).

I'm trying not to be worried, but I am. I've had a sore throat off and on since November, and I just generally haven't felt well. I have a doctor's appointment later this morning.

It's possible that I did something in Judo that caused it (I do get a cyst that comes and goes on my wrist), and my Dad used to get lumps in his arms that he had to get removed.

Anyway, I would appreciate prayers today--that I would trust in God with all my heart, mind, and soul and that I don't waste time worrying when I know God is in control. Also for wisdom for the doctor.

Honey, it sounds like a lymph node. And it sounds like the lymph node is working. I would get it checked, but I wouldn't worry one more minute about it.

Hugs. {{{{}}}}

Sounds like a lymph node.

I took antiboitics, but I tried to let it 'resolve' on its own for a week first... I wish I would have gone on them sooner...I hate head/neck pain!

DH and I both had a virus after Christmas that left us with swollen lymph nodes (sides of neck this time).

It is worth getting checked out--but most likely nothing to worry about.

Sounds like a lymph node.

I took antiboitics, but I tried to let it 'resolve' on its own for a week first... I wish I would have gone on them sooner...I hate head/neck pain!

DH and I both had a virus after Christmas that left us with swollen lymph nodes (sides of neck this time).

It is worth getting checked out--but most likely nothing to worry about.

Thank you, Jann. This helps me feel better.

Yes, there are lymph nodes on the back of your neck. Dd's swelled up the first year we were in Maine because of all the black fly bites she got. If they are swollen they are doing their job.

Another thing it could be is a cyst. Dh has one on the back of his neck. It doesn't seem to hurt him.

Try not to worry. It could be any number of things with a simple cure.

keep us posted.

Yep, sounds like a lymph node to me too. There are a lot of nodes from the back of you head down. They can feel like little peas.

If they hurt, can't be nudged around a little, get hot to the touch or otherwise are bothersome, I would get it checked out. Most likely they are just reacting to your exposure to an illness like a cold or the flu, or allergies. It is your immune system at work!

He's pretty certain it's a bug bite of some sort. He could see two little bite marks with his microscope. I think I probably got bit while doing matwork at Judo. It might also explain the insane itching I've been having (I thought it was a soap change).

Thanks for the prayers and the reality checks!