Menu

Tiny Houses....

I used to draw up plans for them and study magazines and catalogs for furniture that could be used for different purposes.

That was when I was single.

Living with 6 other people, I need more space!

And, as much as I love being in the same room with dh, I don't think we could live in something that tiny as a couple. (Well, maybe when we were newlyweds, lol!) One or both of us would suffer from claustrophobia.

I can't imagine ever living in something like that. Not even if I were older and alone. I would want to have space to have my children and grandchildren visit and play . . .

If my life hadn't taken this turn, I would have loved those tiny homes!

I think it would be hard to live in one.

Notice ALL of them are living alone. That would be cool if I was out living by myself. Not so cool with 2 kids, a husband, 2 cats, and a dog.

I used to draw up plans for them and study magazines and catalogs for furniture that could be used for different purposes.

That was when I was single.

Living with 6 other people, I need more space!

And, as much as I love being in the same room with dh, I don't think we could live in something that tiny as a couple. (Well, maybe when we were newlyweds, lol!) One or both of us would suffer from claustrophobia.

I can't imagine ever living in something like that. Not even if I were older and alone. I would want to have space to have my children and grandchildren visit and play . . .

If my life hadn't taken this turn, I would have loved those tiny homes!

Wow, okay, so our house would be on the larger end of the spectrum, it's not as big as their biggest model. It's not horrible. We don't trip over each other too much and I know what my kids are doing, regardless of where I am in the house. Except that it gets cluttered pretty quick, I love my little home and wouldn't want to live somewhere too much bigger. I'd spend all night awake, worried about the kids......

Julie - don't worry about it :grouphug: .. I posted this because of the *very* tiny homes on the site - some of them are only 80sq feet! That *is* small, and it's unusual - unusual things catch people's interest. ;)

Recently, we had to find a new rental (we move houses this weekend) in our new town (moved here before Christmas) - and when I was looking, I called some lower priced places that were very small... the owners didn't want to rent to us because they said the places weren't big enough. I told them - people think they need a lot more space than they often do! My grandmother grew up as one of 13 kids in a small two bedroom house. Eh, they still didn't want to rent to us, whatever. (We've ended up with a fairly big house)

I bet your house is awesome. :D

Wow, okay, so our house would be on the larger end of the spectrum, it's not as big as their biggest model. It's not horrible. We don't trip over each other too much and I know what my kids are doing, regardless of where I am in the house. Except that it gets cluttered pretty quick, I love my little home and wouldn't want to live somewhere too much bigger. I'd spend all night awake, worried about the kids......

You have a good point about the kids. We moved from a 13000 sq. ft. house to nearly 2300 sq. ft. This house has two floors. Since most of the bedrooms are on the second floor, I insist that our entire family sleeps up there. I can't sleep with the kids on a different floor! My husband thinks I'm crazy. He'd like to have the real master bedroom downstairs, but I... well, it's a playroom instead, and all 3 boys use a bedroom together upstairs to sleep.

I can't sleep with the kids on a different floor!

Yeah this is a new one for us - the rental house that we're moving into this weekend is a 3 bedroom, but the third bedroom is in the (finished) basement...it has to be dd12's room because we (dh and I) have to be on the same floor as ds10. She's excited - she'll have her own bathroom down there, plus the laundry room and play/school/etc room (it's like a little den) to go with her bedroom...she keeps saying it's like getting her own apartment. :lol:

She's plenty old enough to sleep on another floor, but it *is* the first time that things will be this way...feels kinda weird. :001_huh:

????? Did live inside of a Costco or something? I never knew houses could get that large! Castles, yes. :)

Ironically, we have the smallest house of any of our close friends here. I do love it though, and I am thankful for all that we have. My DH has worked hard and steady to provide for us.

No attic or basement, but we had a small garage.

I sort of liked it at the time - I gave birth to twins when we lived there, and it was easier caring for small babies in a small space.

Now that my children are all older, I am very very happy with more space - much more space. But I don't think it was so bad living in the small house, apart from the lack of privacy. We spent a lot of time outside. There was so much less to clean, and our lives seemed easier in some ways, though I would not at the point give up my downstairs master bedroom, which is my wonderful "ready retreat" lol.