Menu

Why? Why is it the night I decide to be friendly to all the ladies

Why is it that the night I decide to be friendly to all the ladies at my dc's evening activity is also the night I left the house without looking in the mirror? I had some lovely conversations, met some new people, renewed some old acquaintances, and arrived home rejuvenated. I hung up the coat, looked in the mirror, and screamed. I had ketchup on my face. 'Nuf said.

Why is it that the night I decide to be friendly to all the ladies at my dc's evening activity is also the night I left the house without looking in the mirror? I had some lovely conversations, met some new people, renewed some old acquaintances, and arrived home rejuvenated. I hung up the coat, looked in the mirror, and screamed. I had ketchup on my face. 'Nuf said.

Welcome to my life. Might I suggest a book for you? I highly recommend The Idiot Girl's Action-Adventure Club by Laurie Notaro. It will make you feel much better. Welcome to the club! I've been a member my whole frigging life!

Welcome to my life. Might I suggest a book for you? I highly recommend The Idiot Girl's Action-Adventure Club by Laurie Notaro. It will make you feel much better. Welcome to the club! I've been a member my whole frigging life!

Thanks for the suggestion. Even the name made me laugh, so it's worth a look at the library catalogue!

Thanks for the suggestion. Even the name made me laugh, so it's worth a look at the library catalogue!

Oh, this book is shoot-milk-out-through-your-nose, laugh-out-loud, pee-your-pants funny. I like to reread it when I discover spinach in my teeth after talking to someone important.

Aw, that's just not right. I'll admit that I did laugh at your story, but for pete's sake, how could someone not mention it all night long? Though, frankly, I'd be more likely to become lifelong friends with you after that. Kindred spirits are hard to come by :D

Oh, this book is shoot-milk-out-through-your-nose, laugh-out-loud, pee-your-pants funny. I like to reread it when I discover spinach in my teeth after talking to someone important.

You know...I recently went on a business trip for work. I'm a total introvert homebody. I work from home, and have for years. Our company was recently acquired, so I had to go (with a friend/colleague, thank goodness) to a mandatory orientation week at this new company. You can imagine how anxious I was about this trip. On the last day, we had a big fancy lunch with all the C-level execs. One sat at each table so we could get to know them, and vice versa. Well, who do you suppose sat right next to me? You guessed it. The CEO. I thought I was just going to die during that whole meal. I couldn't get out of there fast enough to check my dang teeth in the bathroom after we were done. Fortunately, I was fine, but I spent the whole hour and a half sucking my teeth, not drinking anything, taking teeny weeny bites lest I inadvertently choke on the one tiny bone left in the salmon...

I'm going to find that book tomorrow. I have a feeling I'm really going to identify with it.

Next week you should dab some mustard on your chin. If no one comments then the next week stick a piece of chocolate cake to your forehead. I wonder how long you could go on without anyone saying anything?:D

There you go, pretend you meant to do it for a social research project for school credit!!

Next week you should dab some mustard on your chin. If no one comments then the next week stick a piece of chocolate cake to your forehead. I wonder how long you could go on without anyone saying anything?:D

There you go, pretend you meant to do it for a social research project for school credit!!

:lol: