Menu

Fish Oil Question

I've been reading a bit about fish oil, and it seems that my whole family should be taking it....I have a 6 yr old non-pill-swollower, and I'm wondering if fish oil could be baked into a muffin or something or if there are any yummy varieties? Yummy liquid fish oil???? Not likely, but if someone could point me to it, it would be The Hive Ladies!:D

TIA!

Melissa in St Louis

My girls take Nordic Naturals. Here's a link to vitacost which is the cheapest place I've seen it. http://www.vitacost.com/Nordic-Naturals-Childrens-DHA

HTH

Melissa

:iagree: I second the Nordic Naturals. I buy the liquid and can vouch that it has a pleasant lemon taste. I recently switched my dc to this, from just plain 'ole cod liver oil and they have been very appreciative. :D Carson's is another brand that makes a lemon flavored liquid.

Edited by plain jane

So........have you noticed any "changes" in your kiddos after they started taking the fish oil?

DD has been much better. Not every school session ends up in a screaming match, and she seems to have more energy. I put her on vitamin D at the same time though.

I put DH on both as well. Big difference, like he is on an antidepressant. It is lovely.

We also use the Nordic Naturals liquid, often mixed with juice (the kids call it "potion"). My friend uses the Nordic Naturals capsules; her kids just chew them up. :)

I don't notice a huge change, but I do notice a big (negative) change when I forget to give it to the dc for a while.

Oh, and I take it myself. I notice that I have less "brain fog" when I take it, and it keeps my eyes from getting dry (I'm a contact lens wearer).

sorry, I'm skimming.....I saw lots of people mention the liquid, so if someone mentioned this, I might be repeating. But our kids take the chewable capsules of it. They do the Carlson chewables, and dh and I take the Carlson super capsules of it. I don't even want to try messing around with giving them spoonfuls of oil - flavored or not :tongue_smilie:

• 2 weeks later...