Menu

Have you ever won a contest at Pioneerwoman?

Cuisinart food processor. It's cool, and definitely something I'd never buy for myself.

Is it tacky for me to enter her contests again? I can't get an answer from her, but honestly she gives away good stuff that I wouldn't buy for myself (and giftcards, etc).

Not tacky. I'm pretty sure your odds of getting struck by lightning are higher than winning again, considering how many people usually enter!!

Chelle

I'm right there with you...every time I think it is going to be my time to win. And every time, I'm wrong. :D Maybe one day. I too remember when there were only a hundred or so entries for each giveaway. You'd think once it hit 10,000 or more I'd be a little less optimistic...but no.

Guest halfpinthouse

Her giveaways are the main reason I started following her blog! I mean, I like her and all and I'm from Oklahoma and all that. But if I could win a $500 gift card to anywhere... wow! Or I think the latest was what, $250 to Lowe's?

I never expect to win any of her giveaways, but I usually always try...

I find I miss the deadlines at PW too often. I guess I'm not a dedicated enough reader. I'm in for the knife contest though!

I've never won anything there.

But I did once enter an online contest & won.......

a trip to Mexico to an all inclusive 5 star resort, airfare & accom for 2 for one week!

We upgraded to 2 weeks & paid extra for the kids' flights (they were young enough to stay for free.)

I think the woman who called me about the contest was confused about my lack of enthusiasm - no girlie squealing or anything - but I really thought it was a hoax or a scam. But it was real!

I've had 2 photo contest honorable mentions (comment on my entry after announcing the winner), and one comment HERE at WTM about one of my entries, but alas no win.

The entry that garnered a comment here was the name-that-photo contest of MM's behind. My entry was "The well-framed hind". Heh heh.

And one of the honorable mentions (something like "Most creative play on words") was of the photo where she was decked out in red for the prom or something; by modern standards -- lol -- she looked pretty garish. My entry was "Middle Red. Hiding. Should."

I can't remember the other honorable mention. I think it was in the one of her son nekid on the John Deere tractor with his rear in the air. The winner on that one was Independent Rear Suspension. :)

I remember when you won! I was going to write to you and ask "Are you Ria from the WTM boards?"

What photo did you name? (I'm terrible at remembering little details like that)

It was a photo of their border collie and her youngest son. I named the photo something about the border patrol.

Ria

I won a few months ago - $600 worth of coffee grinder and huge espresso machine!!!! It is sooo cool...UPS delivered the boxes in the evening when the season premiere of House was on and we stopped the show (recording on our DVR) to open the boxes and set up the machine!

It was a contest in which she picked the winner, not her number generator thingie, and the pleas of my early-rising, school bus at 6:30am teens won her heart.

Now my youngest keeps making us enter any contest with a camera. I do not think lightning will strike twice, though.

Now I think I need a nice hot cafe latte.......;-)

I find I miss the deadlines at PW too often. I guess I'm not a dedicated enough reader. I'm in for the knife contest though!

I've never won anything there.

But I did once enter an online contest & won.......

a trip to Mexico to an all inclusive 5 star resort, airfare & accom for 2 for one week!

We upgraded to 2 weeks & paid extra for the kids' flights (they were young enough to stay for free.)

I think the woman who called me about the contest was confused about my lack of enthusiasm - no girlie squealing or anything - but I really thought it was a hoax or a scam. But it was real!

Shoot! I missed the knife one! I've got to remember to check the ends of all the posts. I don't always read to the end of the cooking ones.

Did you have fun in Mexico?

Chelle

Shoot! I missed the knife one! I've got to remember to check the ends of all the posts. I don't always read to the end of the cooking ones.

Did you have fun in Mexico?

Chelle

Yes! That got me too recently. It was at a time when I actually wa checking daily (in Dec) when she said she'd ramp up the give-aways, and I checked one day & it was a 'winners announced' post. :confused: I didn't see a contest the previous day - because I didn't scroll down far enough. Aaaargh.

My new system for reading her, because the pages do load slowly for me, is to go to the main page, and right click on each of the tabs, so each opens in its own tab on the browser. I find this goes quite fast & I can start reading the first tab, shut it down & read the next......

Mexico was wonderful. We had a TON of fun. I'd go back in a heartbeat. I admit to checking out the last minute vacation sites a lot :001_smile: but so far I just can't justify the $.

Yes! That got me too recently. It was at a time when I actually wa checking daily (in Dec) when she said she'd ramp up the give-aways, and I checked one day & it was a 'winners announced' post. :confused: I didn't see a contest the previous day - because I didn't scroll down far enough. Aaaargh.

My new system for reading her, because the pages do load slowly for me, is to go to the main page, and right click on each of the tabs, so each opens in its own tab on the browser. I find this goes quite fast & I can start reading the first tab, shut it down & read the next......

Mexico was wonderful. We had a TON of fun. I'd go back in a heartbeat. I admit to checking out the last minute vacation sites a lot :001_smile: but so far I just can't justify the $.

That sounds like a good system! I'm glad Mexico was fun! I'm dreaming of our next vacation. Dreaming because we have no idea when or where we'll be able to go!

Chelle