Menu

Hey! I've got a new name!

The mods kindly changed my name, but recommended not including a location in my new one, just in case I moved. I hope I won't ever have to move again (we've been in this house for over a month and are not remotely settled in) but I bow to their greater wisdom.

I've been Laura Corin on Yahoo for about eight years, so now I'm Laura Corin here. 'Corin' is not my surname, by the way.

Laura

I glad you were granted a new name, but it will take me quite a while to stop calling you Laura in China in my head. On the old boards I was Ann in CA, Ann in VA, Ann in NV, etc., so when I signed onto the new board I knew I could not put a location in my name. We will be moving again sometime within the next 2 years and I am hoping that this time it will be to a forever home!

It takes me 2 - 3 months to get settled into a home and 6 months for me to feel a part of a community. I have only had us completely unpacked and moved in with pictures on the wall in less than a week once, and that was because I left 2/3 of our belongings in storage in another state!

The pictures on your blog are gorgeous, if I moved there I would never want to move either!

-Ann

Congratulations!

I wish my name could be changed. We are a military family, so my name has been, Mary in Germany, Mary in SC, Mary in TX, OK, MO, ND, CT, etc.

When I first signed up on the new forums, I thought that it would be like the old forum and allow me to change my name to reflect my new location each time we move. But, alas, I cannot edit my name, and I am no longer in NJ. If I could change my name, it would be Mary on the Move, or Mary who does NOT live in NJ anymore, or Mary'ed to a man who moves alot, or Mary the moving box queen, or Mary with a lot of broken furniture because we move alot, or Mary who forgot where she lives, because we move too often, or Mary, the Army Wife.

I think you get the idea. I agree, I would not put my location in my name again. There is an area where you can type your location. AND, you can modify it!

Corin - that is a pretty name.

The stress is on the first syllable and the 'i' is short, 'COrin'. It's also a first name for a man - the actor Corin Redgrave is the only one I know of though. I did meet a young American woman called Corin once: she pronounced it 'CuhRIN', again with a short 'i' but stress on the second syllable.

Laura