Menu

So, I'm 2 weeks late...

Congratulations! ... no wait....that doesn't work here yet. :001_huh:

Stress after the holidays?

Bad test? You could get another one and check.

I'd say menopause but that's probably not it. ;)

Whatever it is...I hope you get the answer you want soon. :001_smile:

Trina (who is probably finished and living vicariously through total strangers)

Makes for some very expensive months though.:001_smile::glare::001_smile::glare: Hmmm, not sure how I feel about it.

:lol::blink: I TOTALLY hear you on this one!

As for the OP, I'd try another test in a few days. Could be a false-negative result. Other than that, perhaps it could be due to stress?? I know being late always makes me feel stressed.:lol: :001_huh:

Edited by plain jane

It's probably just nothing, stress or your body resetting itself. Mine does that occasionally.

I noticed you had a dd that could be of the mensturating age...without getting into details...Once or twice when my dd was first starting, I'd be out of whack while she was getting her cycle on track. Does that make sense?

You're probably fine, but maybe take another test in a day or so if it's something your worried about.

I'm 28, so it's not menopause. It could be stress, but on the scale of stress I've gone through, this is a 4 and I've never been late during times of stress before. Still, it's a contender. I really don't think it's a false negative. So I guess it's just a weird month? And yes, it sure is expensive! Especially when you send dh for the test and he buys the uber fancy digital kind. :)

Edited by Shannon831

Did you test only with a Digi? If so, then go back and at least get an Answer or FRER. Did you get a positive pregnancy test with your other kids early on in the pregnancy? Some women take awhile for it to show, but two weeks does seem excessive.

I have had whacky cycles lately with bleeding at odd times and so forth. I went to dr after dr and the diagnosis is "we just don't have a clue, but it is nothing serious" after lots of testing. I have had a lot of stress, but, like you, nothing that I haven't had before. I think, as we get older, our bodies just start to change. I am 29 and this started when I was 28. Everyone tells me I am just getting older and things are just going to be a little different now...but that is so tough to believe.

Sorry, I rambled. If you don't get AF soon, I would go to your gyn for a blood test. If that is negative, then you are NOT pregnant and you can go from there and see what the dr thinks.

Good luck!

It's probably just nothing, stress or your body resetting itself. Mine does that occasionally.

I noticed you had a dd that could be of the menstruating age...without getting into details...Once or twice when my dd was first starting, I'd be out of whack while she was getting her cycle on track. Does that make sense?

:iagree: I went through this with my DD. Some women's bodies try to get on the same cycle with others around them. It's particularly bad if you work in an office with all women. :glare:

I've also had some wacko cycles over the years that just couldn't be explained. Now they're coming more frequently (41 day cycle last month!?) but that's because I'm 46 years old...to be expected.

I'm 28, so it's not menopause. It could be stress, but on the scale of stress I've gone through, this is a 4 and I've never been late during times of stress before. Still, it's a contender. I really don't think it's a false negative. So I guess it's just a weird month? And yes, it sure is expensive! Especially when you send dh for the test and he buys the uber fancy digital kind. :)

That's why I buy my pregnancy tests at the dollar store now. They detect 25 iu of hcg so among the most sensitive. MUCH cheaper if you need to do multiple tests like I did this last time.

Could still be pg, as some pps stated. Or delayed ovulation (which will result in delayed period).

I track my cycles (good thing this month, as I'd surely be having the freak-outs if I weren't) and have had a seemingly endless fertile period that finally went away without any signs of ovulation having actually happened. I think that I was supposed to ovulate sometime around Christmas, but then I got sick, so my body "waited". At this point, I'm not late, but won't be surprised if I end up that way due to this weird cycle.

Here is a site that sells very inexpensive pg tests. They're quite accurate, too. (I do seem to produce a lot of hormone, though, because I usually test + when pg even before I'm "late"): http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/pregnancytests.html

:)

I was almost 2 months late this last summer. After a lot of bloodwork, the only thing the doctor could come up with was stress from a bad cold combined with a very bad reaction to Mucinex. Apparently, it's pretty common to suddenly be irregular although I'm more than 10 years older than you (but not close to menopause). I did get back on track and haven't had any other problems.