Menu

Monday Tacklers - 6.24.24

TheReader

Posted (edited)

I'm up early and DH wanted to get right to work, no morning Stardew Valley, so here I am. 

Let's see....my list today:
....coffee
....I'm cooking dinner, so figure that out
....call the hotel, make sure they have our reservation notes (late arrival, kids near us)
....remind DH again to email the car insurance
&/or do it myself (re: why Oldest's name no longer is listed)
....run some errands while DH & kids are out - Goodwill drop off, Walmart to buy paper, HEB for the placemats for next year....not sure what else
....label placemats for school
....organize my "where to put the stuff I print" area, start printing stuff for school next year 
....decide if I'm going to do the timelines or not - if so, check if Target has the folders on sale yet, buy those
....finish all the little details on the skirt (starch/iron it, put fray-stop on the edges of the rickrack, clean any loose threads, make/put on the pocket)
....clean up the sewing room, decide what I want to work on this week, get going on that if there's time
....make dinner
....eat, watch TV, veg out

Oh, and if I decide not to do the timelines, edit the assignment sheets as I print them, so they say "if you are using a timeline, add the following:" and just list the date/name for them....or just remove it entirely. Need to decide. So many of the parents don't end up using them at all, so if that's the majority (I think it is), maybe I stop doing all of that printing (I print the timeline book, the figures, hole punch the pages, put them in folders....it's a lot)

I'm sure I'll think of more as the day goes on....

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Today:

• start laundry/unpack from our trip
  • prep for tutoring
  • tutor - two sessions
  • grocery shop
  • violin
  • 10,000 steps

Not a whole lot going on, but I like it like that.  We had a busy weekend getting ds off to camp.  The downtime is much appreciated.  He was a bit anxious while we waited for a friend, but the kid who is situated across from him also needed a friend, so I'm hoping my kid makes the effort to be more than kind this week.

• Like 6

Called the hotel, notes are still there

Decided I will drop the timelines - whew! that's a huge relief and saves me a gob of printing and hassle

Checked my tutoring stuff for tomorrow, it's all ready (we didn't get as far last week, so all set); going to print a couple of fun sight word practice sheets for the words she's struggling with the most and a few other things for her to "work on" while I'm gone the following week

DH took out chicken legs for dinner, so I'll do something with that

I reminded him again about the car insurance, but if he doesn't take care of it today I'll do it tomorrow. He keeps saying "the car is what's insured, not the driver..." but I don't want to give the insurance co any reason to deny any claim if something should happen while Oldest is driving one of the cars. Especially as he's off at camp right now, in said car, driving 2 hrs each way every time he comes home, late(ish) at night.... 

I see he's brought laundry down, so will fold that and then eat something and then get back to work

• Like 6

Printed some sight word stuff

Sent an email to Barton to get a pw for the tutor support section so I can download the fluency drills - apparently I've never done that? Hopefully they have my records, I bought the program ages ago

• Like 5

Good morning! 

I met with a student this morning. 

I've had breakfast and coffee. 

• devotion
  • tidy house
  • meal plan for the week and grocery list (try to use the food we already have rather than buy more!)
  • bank and post office
  • laundry
  • lunch
  • pay bills/update big budget book
  • plan a day with E
  • work on organizing the office for the coming school year
  • work on cleaning out/organizing the laundry room
  • dinner for the boys
  • go to hip-hop class
  • I will eat dinner after class.
  • play a game 
  • watch something and relax
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Oldest texted; the med he's been weaning off of for ages, he's now out. :sigh: It is one his doctor cannot send a refill w/o seeing him. He can't be seen, b/c camp. *Hopefully* he's at a low enough/infrequent enough dose at this point that she will just say he can quit. (he's down to I think half a pill every 5th day or something...surely there's no more steps down from that to just being done.....). I've left her a message. 

Decided on a recipe for the chicken and printed that. 

Printing some stuff for school - made a list of what all needs done between now and start of school so I can keep focused. 

• Like 6

First session done.  Summer slide is real.  We didn't meet last week and it was a few steps back today.

DS has not texted, nor did I expect him to yet, but I did get a concerned text from his friend's mom asking if the number her kid texted from at 1:30am was ds's.  It was not, lol, though I'm sure if he had been awake the child would have let his friend use it.  Or maybe my kid knew the nature of the text (More screentime, please) and knew his mom's answer would be the same as mine - nope nope nope nope nope.  DS only has text/call capabilities after lights out, but his friend's phone bricks. 

Now to start the laundry before child 2.

• Like 6

Good (late) morning!   I’m trying to get back on track.  I have had medication issues for two months and I may have finally shook them. 

coffee

color hair, ugh

vacuum

mop

clean bathrooms

laundry

bird bath

bible

read

call about a second fsa card for ds

supper— pasta 

Edited by WildflowerMom
  • Like 6

printed orientation info and show & tell info

signed up for a fencing lesson (and then dh saw it and asked me to sign him up, so did that)

DH says he has (finally) emailed the car insurance 

folded all the laundry that's ready

• Like 6

At training conference. Literacy curriculum today through Wed. Penmanship today, because this is an orthography first program. A bit dull so far; looking forward to reading/decoding tomorrow! 

Picnic tonight and Andrew Pudewa is speaking after dinner. 

Checked in with Ds. He made it to lacrosse camp. He has my car for the week and is enjoying his independence. Ordered him a watch for next week’s youth group beach trip, bc phones are not allowed. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Good Morning

weather is humid and hot and stormy today so dog run done

emailed info to adjuster

emailed tree company

read through most of my emails

check out question on health insurance 

make grocery list and order for tomorrow 

track new harness for pup. These large barrel chested dogs can be tough to find a good fitted harness for.

laundry

• Like 6

ran my errands - dropped off stuff at Goodwill, got a blanket for the rabbit, picked up paper at WM for printing, got a few odds & ends of groceries, got the placemats for school

had lunch

debating a nap or not

• Like 6

While outside I noticed an oak tree with brown leaves which shouldn’t be happening now.  So scheduled the arborist to come Wednesday and check it out. Hope it’s not serious.

Take pup for practice car ride outside of kennel. Drive by Mississippi River it is so high and water fast.  

• Like 6

Got the placemats labeled

Had an email back from Barton, they can't find record that I bought my programs from them; sent some further info that hopefully takes care of that

No word from DS's doctor, calling her back to check real quick and then taking a nap

• Like 4

2 hours ago, history-fan said:

While outside I noticed an oak tree with brown leaves which shouldn’t be happening now.  So scheduled the arborist to come Wednesday and check it out. Hope it’s not serious.

Take pup for practice car ride outside of kennel. Drive by Mississippi River it is so high and water fast.  

Do you have Cicadas? The oak trees here are getting brown sections due to cicada damage. It is not supposed to be serious, long-term damage. 

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 1

Had a nice, long nap. Cooking dinner - that will be a few mins hands-on and then oven time. Maybe I'll find something to do while it's in the oven, maybe I'll just veg out. 

Called the doctor back and verified Oldest can just drop the medicine he was weaning off of - hooray!  Also she's sending the other refill on Thursday for him. 

DH got an email back from the car insurance, they're checking to see what happened and will work on it. 

Forgot we will go to fencing tonight (at a different club) instead of going tomorrow, so will eat, change, go do that after dinner. 

• Like 2

3 loads of laundry done.  I'm about to go for a walk and get my last few steps in.  No news from ds, which is fabulous.  I had a leisurely dinner for one of a supermarket sandwich and ice cream.  No dishes to wash, nothing to take care of.

• Like 1

Summer school ended last Tuesday, DH and I snagged a last minute camping spot from Wednesday until Friday. Did some of our usual stuff on the weekend, but now I am back in full summer mode. So many projects I want to tackle and also enjoy my down time. 

I've started making a pair of knitted knockers to donate (for breast cancer patients). And then my other project currently is cleaning out our junk room. We have lived with remodeling/ in part of the house for much of the time we have lived here  (coming up on 15 years). It wasn't such a big deal when the kids were small, but now it is nice that we have all of these spaces to use. So I need to reorganize the storage. It will be a big project but it will be good to see what we have and what can be purged. 

Today I got a good start cleaning off a few of the shelves, they still had sheetrock dust from last fall. I took out some stuff that now has a new place it can call home and shuffled the extra food storage over to a different shelf that is more convenient. 

Then I will tackle other areas of the house and get to some outside projects as well. 

• Like 2

Literacy training was disappointing. Excellent curriculum, NOT well presented.

Picnic was ok.

Andrew Pudewa was fabulous! 

Got a shower. Had a snack.

Next up: 
read curriculum ✔️ 
read for fun
finish a podcast

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

DS sent me proof of life: 5 gorgeous photos of the camp at sunset. And he captioned it with "That's all you get." 🤣

I am so jealous right now.  They've got perfect weather and most of the facilities to themselves, which makes his pictures all the more stunning.  I would have loved the opportunity to go to camp when I was a kid. 

• Haha 1