Menu

How are those fruity twins?

I was watching video of my grandson’s fledgling steps over and over and I started wondering how peaches and nectarine were doing lately. I don’t remember updates past the early days when @Ann.without.an.e was there every day. Granted, this year has been a blur and I feel like I’m somehow recovering from a concussion, but I think I’ve missed more than a few updates with these babies who are a year old now. @Elizabeth86 isn’t your baby around this age? Forgive my memory. I’m sure I’ve left people out. 

My gs was one on Valentine’s Day and recently started toddling. My great joy is that his parents book concert tickets at the venue closest to us and we get grandson delivery to our doorstep. It’s glorious. Now, these kids are greedy with him and we don’t get too many overnights, but we get them occasionally and that’s my favorite. 😍 

• Like 22

I am so glad your little grandson is bring you joy.  In my humble opinion, that toddling phase is the very cutest, although also one of the most exhausting phases of parenting.  Hopefully your daughter finds it so exhausting she needs lots of babysitting help!!!

In our extended family we have a 10 month old who has just learned to stand in her own feet and wiggle her bottom in time to music for a little while before plopping into her diaper, that is a close second to toddling for cuteness.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Drama Llama said:

I am so glad your little grandson is bring you joy.  In my humble opinion, that toddling phase is the very cutest, although also one of the most exhausting phases of parenting.  Hopefully your daughter finds it so exhausting she needs lots of babysitting help!!!

In our extended family we have a 10 month old who has just learned to stand in her own feet and wiggle her bottom in time to music for a little while before plopping into her diaper, that is a close second to toddling for cuteness.

Dancing babies are the BEST. My grandson’s moves are a LOT. He puts one hand on a table, one in the air, and pretty much twerks. It’s both hilarious and slightly unsettling. He has a strong preference for female rappers 🤣 At least he’ll be able to pay for college. 😳

We do get plenty of time with dgs, but since his parents both work and he’s in daycare they are reluctant to leave him on the weekends. It’s cool, I like his parents too. 😬 I do adore the sleepovers though because he’s scrumptious in is Jammie’s at night and do fun when he wakes up in the morning. We just stare at him the whole time because he’s always busy. He acts like he has a super demanding job and no time to stop. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

This thread made me think of this (bad quality) video of my youngest. She had been so cute. When I started videoing, I was disappointed she had stopped being so cute. Now, I am glad I have even this. I'll delete in just a bit.

Edited by Meriwether
  • Like 17

I private messaged Ann a few months back or so. She is doing well. She just hadn’t been on in a while. Yes, I think my boy and the twins were born maybe the same week or so. He’s such a joy. He’s in one of my favorite stages! I’m enjoying most every moment. It’s hilarious the things he gets into. All 6 of us can be watching and he still manages to get into mischief constantly. lol Just recently he threw an old flip phone that my girls play pretend with into our toilet and one of the kids flushed it. It clogged everything up. Dh had to take the whole toilet off to get it out. The other 4 never did stuff this crazy. He throws and kicks everything. I think we may have an athlete in our not athletic family. He loves playing outside. When I bring him in he gets SO mad and screams and cries, but generally he is such a calm toddler as far as crying and screaming. He’s always into something, but he is calm. On his first birthday, his favorite part was when we sang happy birthday. His face lit up and he looked so proud. He didn’t care much for his cake, but he dipped his finger in and fed it to dh and dd. It was so sweet. He gives the tightest hugs and the sweetest kisses. He adores our Australian Shepherd and gives her hugs. That’s all for now because he finished eating and needs a bath.

ETA I keep thinking of cute things. He’s sitting through #4’s phonics lessons so when he holds a book he points to the words and makes the t sound. lol

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 9