Menu

My dog is acting so strange

Toocrazy!!

He refuses to come inside. He keeps going out back like he needs to go to the bathroom, but he doesn’t go. Then he sits out there and won’t come back inside. It started last night when he wanted to go out about 1/2 hour after we went to bed. After that He slept fine.  I walked him this morning. Normal walk, normal BM, but now he’s back outside. 
he just doesn’t seem like himself. 
he’s 11, and he was just neutered about 15 days ago. He did fine with that, bloodwork normal. He’s eating normally. Just acting so strange. There’s definitely something off, I just don’t know what it could be. 

Has he been urinating normally?

Given the recent neuter I'd maybe think about getting him checked out if it keeps up.

But also -- it's coyote mating season, or at least getting very close, and so they're more active. Depending on your area could it be that's weirding him out?

• Like 2

I don’t know if there is any truth to this… Awhile back there was a fb post going around about those “smart outlets”. The woman said her dog seemed off and wouldn’t eat, got very very sick. Several vet trips…only to figure out it was the smart outlets they had recently installed. So any electronic changes happen recently? 

Like I said… take that with a grain of salt.

i just looked up some of the comments and someone mentioned that their Blink security camera freaked their dog out, but only when it was in use. 

So I guess there’s something to it.

Edited by popmom

We haven’t added anything like that. But I can see that being an issue. 

He did have some stomach issues yesterday, so I think he was going outside thinking he had to go to the bathroom maybe. Today, he’s back to his old ornery self thank goodness. Like the good lab he is, he probably ate something he shouldn’t have:) 

• Like 4

I'm glad he's feeling better.  I was going to suggest he is enjoying the weather, whatever it may be there.  My dog really likes the upper 30's, low 40's and will ask to go out repeatedly just to sit and smell the wind.  

• Like 1