Menu

Flu for new year’?

Terabith

I started not feeling well on Christmas Day, bat this point I just feel awful. My head is pounding.  My throat hurts. My whole body aches.  I’m exhausted and nauseous and just feel terrible and keep cycling between being very cold and way too hot.

I was negative for flu and Covid so I assume just a bad cold.

I was trying to keep something approaching a normal sleep schedule, but today I feel so sick I may just stay in bed and try to sleep and not worry about anything else.  I just feel miserable and have so much productive stuff I want to get done but I feel too awful to really cope with that right now.  

Honestly I know it’s dumb and that this will pass, but I wouldn’t turn down prayers. 

Edited by Terabith
  • Sad 14

4 minutes ago, Ginevra said:

I’m sorry. Right there with you. I took a shower yesterday, thinking I would go in to work today. But nope. 

I am all caught up on the Hive, though. 😏

I go through moments where I feel well enough to read and then awhile when I feel too sick to read or watch tv. It sucks. 

• Like 1

Ugh! Hope you feel Better soon!!

We were supposed to go on vacation for New Years but I got a cough and my boyfriend’s son got a cold. I'm 80% better. He had a fever for 3 days and said his throat hurt really bad the morning we were supposed to leave. Took him to the doctor because we suspected step, he tested positive for influenza A. 

Unfortunately had to cancel our trip 😩We won’t reschedule because we were going with another family. Oh well. I'm just glad we didn’t share the bug. 

Edited by Tap
  • Sad 3

I'm sorry! I had a fever and aches for 2 days, but today the fever is gone and I feel much better. I have a sore throat, ears, and some swollen lymph nodes. The doctor gave me a Z-pack. 

I don't know if it would make a difference, but I have been taking Claritin, extra probiotics, and extra vitamin D. I made warm drinks of raw honey with lemon, too. Maybe those helped the fever and aches go away sooner. 

• Like 1

Are all the sick people here feeling better?

I have joined the club. Mildly sick since the 22nd, passed over into misery yesterday. Starting abx now. Not positive for covid, flu, or strep. Though I will retest for Covid, of course.

It’s the weirdest illness ever. Fever, body aches, sore throat, nausea, pain in the abdomen (and my usual bladder/kidney stuff from IC acting up, maybe from inflammation? It hurts!). Not much coughing or congestion. Lymph nodes are sore.

• Sad 4

I woke up feeling good and got up and didn’t do much for an hour and then started feeling awful again.  So I’m back in bed and really frustrated and depressed about it. But I don’t remotely feel well enough to do anything.  Your symptoms sound identical to mine, Spryte, and I was negative for everything tested. I just want to do stuff and have some healthy days on break. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

I woke up feeling good and got up and didn’t do much for an hour and then started feeling awful again.  So I’m back in bed and really frustrated and depressed about it. But I don’t remotely feel well enough to do anything.  Your symptoms sound identical to mine, Spryte, and I was negative for everything tested. I just want to do stuff and have some healthy days on break. 

So frustrating when “break” gets taken up by being sick! Did you end up rerunning a Covid test? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KSera said:

So frustrating when “break” gets taken up by being sick! Did you end up rerunning a Covid test? 

Yeah, I have taken three. All negative.  My youngest kid was sick the week before Christmas with similar symptoms and also tested negative for everything, so guessing it’s just a virus.  Just very frustrating.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not sick, but my husband has covid. So, we are having an odd New Year's Eve where we stay in separate rooms all evening, each vibing with our own personal germs and trying to avoid the germs of others. I guess I'd better go back into my husband's germ zone, though, and clean up the kitchen. Good thing I have a good mask! Wishing you all better health as the new year begins.

Edited by PronghornD
  • Like 1