Menu

Any ham experts here?

Toocrazy!!

I bought a ham to bake for a party tomorrow, but now that I’m reading some recipes I’m not sure what to do with it. It’s bone in. I plan on serving it with rolls and spreads for small sandwiches. 
I haven’t cooked a ham in years, and I can’t really remember, but think I sliced and fried it honestly. 

Any BTDT advice and glaze recipes for a baked ham? 

I agree that I wouldn’t glaze it for sandwiches.

If you do want to glaze it, that’s usually a quick process, after the ham is already warm or hot. The sugar will burn if it’s heated too long.
Personally, for sandwiches, I wouldn’t even heat it. But you can assemble the buttered, filled rolls or biscuits in a pan, cover the whole business with aluminum foil, and heat them gently like that.

We were given a honeybaked ham this year, which we started eating last night. Per their instructions, I estimated how many slices we'd want for dinner, wrapped it in foil, and put it in a low oven till it was hot. I was worried that it was going to taste steamed - since it was steamed! - but it was quite good.  

Edited by marbel