Menu

Tackling Wed Dec 6 Together

ScoutTN

I got to sleep in a bit, but definitely have a sore throat.

Ds to a medical appt, then school.

Text to people to tell them I will not be at the things that are on my calendar for today, tonight, and tomorrow. 

Urgent care for strep and covid testing? 

Drink water and herbal tea, rest. 

• Sad 4

Happy Wednesday!  It started out pretty well so far.  I did a lot of non-client work and hope for lots of momentum as I tackle lots of client work.

One of my kids slept through the evening yesterday (I thought she was doing homework - silly me).  She got up about 3am and decided to cook alfredo pasta.  Forgive me for bragging, but man, my kid is a good cook.  It has to be genetic, because she didn't get it from anyone living here.  😛  On the downside, that gene apparently has no connection with cleaning skills.  😛  Anyhoo, that is why I had alfredo pasta for breakfast!

I've walked the dog 3 mornings in a row.  Hope to keep up that momentum too!

My 16yo signed up to give blood for the first time at school.  (17yo isn't allowed because of her size.)  I'm proud of my girl ... hopefully it goes well and I'll hear all about it later.  Note to self - I too need to sign up for a blood donation sometime this month.

Done:

• Woke up, yay!
  • Took out the garbage.
  • Kids to school on time.  Yay!
  • Took the dog for a walk - 3rd morning this week.
  • Cleaned in the kitchen, laundry room, and my bedroom.
  • Took my vitamins, drank water.  (Drank some cranberry juice - can I count that as eating a fruit??)
  • Sent out some work & took a client call.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media, calendar, and electronic school stuff.

To do:

• Lots of client work!
  • Sign my kid's 504 plan.
  • A little reading.
  • Finish cleaning out the washer.
  • Some laundry and some cleaning in the girls' rooms - hoping the maid can get in there and find the floor / some surfaces this Friday / Saturday.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 4

I managed to get the main level clean and pick up a vehicle from the mechanic. Was getting

ready to relax when dh asked me when I'd be home from a Chamber event. I'd forgotten

that I needed to go to that. Got myself dressed and am leaving soon. 

• Like 3

I haven’t done anything today.   I even took a nap which happens just a few times a year.   I had an awful, horrible, no good fibro flare up on Monday and I guess my body just hasn’t adjusted.  Idk.   I’m planning to take a muscle relaxer and knock myself out early tonight.  
im glad you’re feeling a bit better, @ScoutTN!  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

Do you like it so far?   I just looked it up.  I think I may get it.   

I’m glad you got your card!! I got two yesterday and it was exciting to get a couple of Christmas cards!!

It’s ok. There is a good bit of the author’s commentary and less actual Chesterton than it seemed at first. GKC wrote prolifically on Christmas and idk if there is a good collection of those works? But the quotes, essays, poems, and stories in this one are indeed good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Realized that I totally forgot about picking up milk today. Texted our farmer and I can pick up tomorrow instead. 

Feeling better. Took vitamins. Didn’t end up going to urgent care today, but did get a negative on home covid test.

Cooking some chx nuggets for Ds. Dh ate all the leftovers. Guess I will actually have to cook tomorrow! 😉😱😆 Might make two things, so as to gain an extra cooking-free evening? Italian sausage soup and something else, maybe a chx casserole. Lots of veggies here. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2