Menu

Tackling Wednesday Together, 11.15.23

mom31257

Happy Wednesday!

I suspect it's gonna be stressful today.

I just remembered that we have a meeting at the office to talk about retirement planning and such.  Need to leave in a half hour.

Today is also a big deadline day (most of my quarterly reporting is due today).  Plus I really need to send out some other stuff that has waited too long.

And one kid decided to stay home from school for a "mental health day."  Well, at least she can take care of the dog while we're gone.

Done so far:  took out the garbage, one kid to school, morning dog duty, caught up on minor daily tasks.

To do:  try to send out 2 client things, shower, meeting, more client work, pick Kid1 up from school, more client work, pay bills, and whatever else gets done.

• Like 7

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all I need to do over the next few days and next week. We are traveling a lot during the break, so that cuts my time short. I've had extra time needed with students, too. 

Today:

• dh's breakfast and lunch
  • bible study
  • 6 Zoom sessions (1 done)
  • brother/sister duo in person
  • meals
  • church
  • prep for students tomorrow
  • start making a meal plan for Thanksgiving and a grocery list (still not sure the number coming, though)
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

I am drowning in my anatomy class.  There is a quiz every other week in the classroom, and a quiz every 3 weeks online.  That means that there are some weeks I'm taking tests on two different sets of material because they're not paced exactly the same but they're supposed to work together.  I have a quiz in person in about an hour and I'm a hot mess about it.  I don't like the subject, but I'm trying.  It's just so darn hard with a professor in person who doesn't speak very loud at all and constantly being quizzed on material in all formats.  It leaves very little learning time.  I've done hard schools.  I've done schools where I've had list after list of material thrown at me in order to memorize, assimilate, and work with it.  It's almost worse than that right now because it's so disconnected that I'm not building on anything.  I'm just memorizing and dumping to make room for the next week (and relying a LOT on online games to master what I can't hear in class)

• quiz/class
  • work on one of the ornaments
  • take ds to skills
  • dinner: whatever he wants on the way home (two hours of skills work is hard!) and leftovers for me
  • homework for literature class
  • help ds with his homework
  • Sad 6

Good morning, y’all.

I have dropped Ds at school, made a second run to drop off the earbuds he forgot, picked up cream for my coffee at the grocery, made b’fast, and done the Wordle.

My morning student is moved to tomorrow. 

To Do: 
Electronic chores
Help mom move back into her AL place from rehab.

Tutor after school 
Church for dinner and children’s ministry. 

• Like 6

Good morning!   

coffee 

animals 

shower

read 

bible

vacuum

lord willing, get my butt in the kitchen and get my cut out sugar cookies made and frozen     Made peanut butter cookies instead and I'm planning to visit my mom tomorrow and take them.  Hopefully, Cut-out cookies on Friday and dh can roll them out for me on Saturday.  

supper?   Possibly chili, but maybe take out

Edited by WildflowerMom
  • Like 6

The test was insanity.  Half multiple choice (did well), half writing and labeling/short answers (did not do well).  The study guide was a joke and covered about 20% of what was tested.  I'm not the only one in the class who just wanted to throw down my pencil and leave. On to the last section, and I realized I have a research paper due as well for the online portion.  I'm not even going to lie, I've decided I'm piggybacking off of my history research project and a talk I went to this summer.  I'll cover the history of dna study from Rosalind Franklin to the covid vaccine and its targeted approach.

• Sad 5

Turns out, mom will not be moving back to AL until tomorrow. No one bothered to tell me. 

No huge thing bc I needed to be near the rehab place to get my milk anyway. Dropped some of mom’s stuff back at her apt and returned a call to home health.

Got the mail. 
Eating lunch now.

Next up:
work prep 

• Like 5

Good Afternoon

picked up photo from Walgreens, gift order will arrive in store Tuesday 

nice weather today so will wash outside of windows. They get so dirty from mower mulching leaves.

put together new dog gate 

oldest ds has oral surgery tomorrow to repair sinus perforation from wisdom tooth removal - trying not to be stressed about it.

check make sure have enough ibuprofen and acetaminophen.  As well as soft foods. 

store run if needed

• Like 5

Trying to help the girls do their best in Q2 by keeping them as up to date as I can re work that has been entered into the grading system (who knows what fraction of their overall work that is).  This is nobody's favorite thing.  The kids tend to view it as nagging, and I hate (a) being viewed as a nag and (b) having reason to nag.  If the kids hate the nagging so much, why don't they prevent it by having everything submitted on time?

The morning meeting wasn't bad, but it ended up being about 3x as long as expected.  Also nothing was really resolved, but we talked about things we need to consider.  It reminded me that it's past time for me to look into tax considerations re my kids' college expenses.

As for the reporting deadline ... I spent about an hour just making sure I have all the entities' Q3 bank statements.  Now I need to prioritize and get them done.  I usually do the reports in order of what time zone the investors are in.  😛  East coast banks first ....

• Like 5

@HomeAgain, I'm sorry your class is being unnecessarily difficult! 

@history-fan, praying all goes well with his surgery and recovery!

@WildflowerMom, those look delicious!

It's been a long day. Dh made dinner while I tutored the b/s duo. That helped! 

I'm currently looking at the precalculus student's project she wants help with tomorrow. I can't get the website annuity calculator to work properly, but there is a short video in her lesson content that might help me. I don't have access to it until we get together, if she can even share it in the meeting. Some of the information in the project doesn't seem clear and definitely not consistent. One table of calculations says monthly interest, and the other table gives no specifics on how the interest is compounded. Do we assume monthly like the other, even though it is a different monthly deposit and different interest rate? I can only do so much to help with situations like that. 

• Like 2