Menu

So being a good mother-in-law I made a decision

lynn

To tell my son and dil that since we have something going on as a family every weekend this month that it would be okay with me if they didn't choose to come for Thanksgiving, they are an hour way and will be driving here several times this.month.  I thought more of my son who travels daily for work and he could relax and be with in laws who are closer.  My dil thanked me and that they chose to do Thanksgiving with her family.  Now I'm a little sad that we won't be together but okay with it at the same time.

Edited by lynn
  • Like 35

Hugs!  My oldest isn't coming home for TG for the first time.  She's going to her boyfriend's family.  It's logical (we are 6.5 hours away,  they are one), but it's still kinda hard.  Hugs!  I think it just sunk in for mine that she won't be here to do our normal stuff, including the tree.  I'm trying to be supportive and upbeat for her!  

• Like 5

And now you can plan a great time for your family when your son & dil do come - It can be whatever version of special works for you and yours.   Don’t put Celebrations in a calendar box!

And I know its super hard the first time your kid doesn’t come home..

• Like 3