Menu

Woken up by loud thud

Nart

At 2 am I heard a loud thud. It sounded like someone banged on the side of the house. My 14 year old was still awake and heard it too. We looked out the windows but didn’t see anyone. I woke up my husband who said it was probably a rocket launch. 

Yup, space X launched a rocket. So annoying because now I am wide awake. Just felt a need to complain. Carry on. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 9

That's not an everyday reason to get woken up. Pretty cool that you were close enough to feel something!

For the past 2 weeks I've been getting up multiple times in the night to take our new puppy on potty breaks. I feel your pain of sleep disturbances and struggling to get back to sleep. Luckily for you, there aren't multple launches. 😉 

• Like 4

Here it would have been just a stick from an overhanging tree in need of pruning falling to the roof.  I'm sorry you were awakened like that -- hopefully, you can catch a nap today -- but at least it was something worth retelling!  

Edited by klmama
  • Like 1

I looked on Nextdoor and there were several posts at 2 am inquiring about an explosion or loud noises that were heard all over my area. 

I found out that it isn’t the launch of the Space X Satellite that causes the sonic boom it’s the the first stage booster falling back down (it lands on a drone ship in the ocean or back at the launch site).