Menu

Washer/dryer combo

Amethyst

My dd just moved into an apartment less than a month ago. Brand new apartment. No one wver lived in thsi unit, so brand new appliances. 

They have this appliance - washer/dryer combination. I’ve never heard of them before so never used one. Dd says her clothes are not getting dry now. She asked me where the lint screen was, thinking since she never emptied it, maybe that was the cause of clothes not getting dry. But apparently there is no lint screen on these jawns. I told her maybe she is overloading it?? 

Anyone have any experience/advice?

The one time I used one of those combined units it took me a while to discover that there was a tray that collected water during the dry cycle and it had to be emptied occasionally. Is that a possibility?

If they didn't leave an owner's manual, she can probably Google one online. There is often a "troubleshooting guide" in the back.

Lessons learned staying in Airbnbs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Miss Tick said:

The one time I used one of those combined units it took me a while to discover that there was a tray that collected water during the dry cycle and it had to be emptied occasionally. Is that a possibility?

If they didn't leave an owner's manual, she can probably Google one online. There is often a "troubleshooting guide" in the back.

Lessons learned staying in Airbnbs!

Condenser dryers collect water; they are standard in Europe.  Definitely something to check for.

• Thanks 1