Menu

Cheap immersion blender

popmom

Just now, cjzimmer1 said:

Overstock bought the name and now uses it.

But I agree, my basic one has worked fine for many years.

Ah. So that is how it went. I wasn't sure. I didn't know they even had an online presence until the other day when I was searching for tablecloths. And then I got an email reminding me I have the credit. 

• Like 1

I have two cheap cuisinart ones.  One Is used for canning, soups, etc for years and still going strong.  Another is used for soap making and still working fine.  These run about 30 dollars.  

I did buy a cordless kitchen aid one really cheap from the Amazon warehouse.   No issues with it and while I do like it, I wouldn’t pay what they are supposed to be sold for as it works as well as my cheap ones. 

• Like 1

Welp. It's definitely not at all like shopping at BBB. It's like crummy Overstock. I don't think I'll use my credit on an immersion blender. They have a terrible selection. What they do have is mostly 3rd party sellers and overpriced. 😕 I think I'll check FB marketplace and Amazon.

Do you have an ALDI store? I happened to notice that an immersion blender is a “this week’s ALDI find” for $14.99. That means they won’t have them long (like days), but I’ve never gotten a bad kitchen product from them (I don’t have this though). 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, EKS said:

I have a Cuisinart that I got for $35 about 8 years ago.  I would recommend it but if you go to the link you will see that it is now $120.  I am stunned.

I too was stunned by this price increase! Then I saw that the price varies widely based on color. There was a mustard yellow for about $30

Edited by marbel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, marbel said:

I was stunned by this price increase! Then I saw that the price varies widely based on color. There was a mustard yellow for about $30

The linked color was the color I got back then.  I'm glad that there is at least one version that isn't crazy expensive!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EKS said:

The linked color was the color I got back then.  I'm glad that there is at least one version that isn't crazy expensive!

Ah, I get you. I would figure chrome would be more but not that much more! 

We have a Braun which has worked well for years. I don't know where we got it, not Amazon (so probably Costco, those two are the usual places for us). The closest I can find now costs about $80 which is probably way more than we paid for ours.

Edited by marbel
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mmasc said:

Do you have an ALDI store? I happened to notice that an immersion blender is a “this week’s ALDI find” for $14.99. That means they won’t have them long (like days), but I’ve never gotten a bad kitchen product from them (I don’t have this though). 

I just got back from Aldi. They had 4 left, so I got one. It's a pretty blue color, too. 🙂 I'll take a chance on it at that price. If I get tons of use out of it, I'll look for deals on a pricier brand.

• Like 3