Menu

using honey

ProudGrandma

I make cinnamon rolls that call for corn syrup. I replace the corn syrup with honey.

You know honey doesn't spoil, right? If it crystallizes, set it in some warm water and it will  liquify again. 

Edited by Tree Frog
Difference between spoil and soul
  • Like 1

Bread recipe, works in a bread machine, mixer, or by hand:

1 1/4 cup warm water

1 1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast

2 tbsp olive oil

1/4 cup honey

3 1/2 c whole wheat flour

Up to 1/4 cup add-ins: chia, flax, sesame, or sunflower seeds, Everything But the Bagel seasoning, or oatmeal. 

Mix until you get a clean bowl. Knead 10 minutes in a machine or 15 minutes by hand. If you want, you can roll it out to half an inch thick, sprinkle with cinnamon and raisins, then roll up and make cinnamon rolls or a cinnamon swirl bread loaf. It also makes good rolls or pizza dough. I have also added warm mashed potatoes and it made it rise very well! My husband loves potato bread. 🙂

Let rise in a well-buttered load pan in a warm area (I turn the oven on for about 5 minutes then turn it off and put the loaves in) until doubled, about an hour. 

Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°.

• Like 2

Honey mustard chicken.

melt 1/4 cup butter

stir in 1/4 cup mustard and 2T-1/4 c honey and 1-2T soy sauce.   Marinade chicken in it and then bake chicken in it or grill using the marinade as a sauce.   You can boil any extra to use for dipping.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KatieJ said:

Protein balls/balls.

There are  many recipes. Generally they include oats, peanut butter , honey and  protein powder.

They can also include chocolate chips, coconut, etc.

this was my first thought, too.  My family loves these.  

We have a friend who kept bees for a while and gave us a ton of honey. I make a honey garlic chicken recipe on my crockpot that is delicious if you like that kind of thing. There are quite a few recipes that include honey if you Google it. 

I also use honey in herbal teas and for cinnamon toast in place of sugar. 

When I used to make my own bread I used honey in that as well. I tried quite a few recipes that used honey in place of sugar and many of them were very good! I also would give it as gifts in mason jars and I paid for violin lessons in honey one year. 😁

• Like 1