Menu

Tackling Sunday (or not!) 8.13.23

ScoutTN

Good morning!! No sleeping late for me today. Busy day at church as all of children’s ministry restarts Sunday school for the first time since the shooting in March. Sipping my coffee now. About to get a shower, dress, and go. 

Rest in the afternoon.

Church picnic tonight.

Have a great day!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Another rejection at 1pm, I mean, er, um, showing.

We were going to get back to going to church but it is hard with Sunday showings and dogs we have to take out, so we are waiting a bit.

So:

• Cleaning
  • Search for work items I need for Wed (currently in the storage unit and I can't find them!   ARGH!)
  • Laundry/put away
  • Sleep, I only got a few hours last night due to anxiety over the stupid house so I am glad I can rest this afternoon
  • Like 2

Good morning! 

Praying for things to go well today at church, @ScoutTN; and for the showing this afternoon, @DawnM

DH is going to the doctor later - still can't kick this cold. I'll likely go with him, although I'm struggling mightily with being annoyed with him, for no real reason. I need to snap out of it. 

So, my list:

...coffee
...go with DH to the doctor
...check the steam cleaner, make sure it's ready to take up to school with me
...triple check I have everything ready to go up to my classroom tomorrow for teacher workday
...wash my wool stuff
...figure out dinner 
...cook, eat, veg out w/the family, etc. 
...find time to sew????
...find time to nap???
...check when everyone's college classes start
...anything else I'm forgetting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried to go through some closet stuff and posted some things on our local buy nothing group

I tried polishing my old silver plate silverware from my grandma. I am not sure it looks a ton better. I am probably going to try to sell it to Replacements. It's not something I can see my kids wanting to take care of.  I have never done this before so we'll see.

I found some iced tea spoons which are also silver plate but not worth much of anything. It's one of those things that is nice to have on occasion but I can't store silver plate with my stainless so I am not sure what to do with them really.  

• Like 2

Picnic was moved indoors and was fun. The rain had stopped and little kids could play outside on the playground. Big boys played on the gym. Nice to just have several hours of social time! 

I finished my book this afternoon so now I need to decide what to read next. 

I can breathe and catch up a bit this coming week. Only a few tutoring sessions and a reasonable workload at church. Just regular school and football for Ds. Hoping to get some admin type things done. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

Busy day.

• Slept in, because I couldn't fall asleep until like 5:something.
  • Some laundry and cleaning before the maid came.
  • Cleaned out the washer (filter, etc.).
  • Pulled out the stove from its nook and cleaned the sides etc.
  • Boxed up some donations.
  • Reviewed a legal document for a friend.
  • Visit with my folks / kids went to the county fair near there.
  • Got my folks' tax documents.
  • Brought out some boxes of books to help clear my folks' house.
  • Helped the girls submit their fall work availability.
  • Some pup stuff and usual small things.

I did not have the best eating today.  My dad made my favorite macaroni salad, and my sister brought me a piece of cheesecake, so I couldn't refuse these things.  Hopefully it doesn't set me back too much.

• Like 1