Menu

June Healthy Eating

Selkie

Beautiful salad! 
I need to get back to following this thread. And watching my nutrition better. It has taken me forever to get back on my feet after my health fiasco in March, then DH was diagnosed with cancer. He has surgery next week and I need to pack a hospital bag of healthy foods for myself, fully stock pantry and fridge/freezer with healthy foods, etc. (Also planning to stock up on some awesome vegan chocolate!) One of DH’s siblings will be staying with us during this, so I need to figure out some easy basic meals. I would like to make some soups to freeze over the weekend. We aren’t sure the prognosis or treatment plan yet and won’t until the surgery. This has been very sobering and odd. DH has always been very healthy. For the past few years, we have been so focused on getting me healthy, while also making long term care plans for me. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GoVanGogh said:

Beautiful salad! 
I need to get back to following this thread. And watching my nutrition better. It has taken me forever to get back on my feet after my health fiasco in March, then DH was diagnosed with cancer. He has surgery next week and I need to pack a hospital bag of healthy foods for myself, fully stock pantry and fridge/freezer with healthy foods, etc. (Also planning to stock up on some awesome vegan chocolate!) One of DH’s siblings will be staying with us during this, so I need to figure out some easy basic meals. I would like to make some soups to freeze over the weekend. We aren’t sure the prognosis or treatment plan yet and won’t until the surgery. This has been very sobering and odd. DH has always been very healthy. For the past few years, we have been so focused on getting me healthy, while also making long term care plans for me. 

I'm so sorry to hear this. That is just SO unfair, after all you have been through.🙁 I hope his surgery goes well and the prognosis is excellent. Please keep us updated.

Is your swollen gland all better now? 

I was just thinking of you the other day when I saw Hippie Food on my Kindle. 🙂 That's next up on my on my reading list, after I finish the T. Colin Campbell book I'm currently working on. Really looking forward to it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selkie said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. That is just SO unfair, after all you have been through.🙁 I hope his surgery goes well and the prognosis is excellent. Please keep us updated.

Is your swollen gland all better now? 

I was just thinking of you the other day when I saw Hippie Food on my Kindle. 🙂 That's next up on my on my reading list, after I finish the T. Colin Campbell book I'm currently working on. Really looking forward to it!

Thank you. I am trying to be thankful for all the blessings in our life, but DH’s diagnosis really feels unfair, just too much. He wasn’t at high risk for this form of cancer so his family doctor initially didn’t even think that. She sent him for a Ct scan, thinking something else entirely. 
lt does - for us - drive home the issue of growing up in a farming community, with constant exposure to industrial chemical fertilizers and herbicides, that now both of us have diseases known to be caused by toxins. As much as we have tried to live “clean” adult lives, our bodies likely still carry that toxic load from our childhood. 
My swollen gland has cleared up, but I have been struggling with very low blood pressure ever since, most likely from the strong antibiotics I was on. The gland issue started in mid March. Just the past few days, I have not had any severe dips in bp. 
i hope you enjoy Hippie Foods. I loved it and found it very fascinating. I need to read more by Campbell. My DH is onboard. He has loved my wfpb meals, but didn’t eat that way when we dined out or when he needed to get/make his own food. 
thank you again. I have enjoyed following this thread so much. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GoVanGogh said:

Thank you. I am trying to be thankful for all the blessings in our life, but DH’s diagnosis really feels unfair, just too much. He wasn’t at high risk for this form of cancer so his family doctor initially didn’t even think that. She sent him for a Ct scan, thinking something else entirely. 
lt does - for us - drive home the issue of growing up in a farming community, with constant exposure to industrial chemical fertilizers and herbicides, that now both of us have diseases known to be caused by toxins. As much as we have tried to live “clean” adult lives, our bodies likely still carry that toxic load from our childhood. 
My swollen gland has cleared up, but I have been struggling with very low blood pressure ever since, most likely from the strong antibiotics I was on. The gland issue started in mid March. Just the past few days, I have not had any severe dips in bp. 
i hope you enjoy Hippie Foods. I loved it and found it very fascinating. I need to read more by Campbell. My DH is onboard. He has loved my wfpb meals, but didn’t eat that way when we dined out or when he needed to get/make his own food. 
thank you again. I have enjoyed following this thread so much. 

Dr. Fuhrman has talked about that toxic load from childhood - how cancer risk can form during our early years and then take many years to develop into full blown cancer. He says the risk comes not only from things like farm chemicals or secondhand smoke, but also from the foods we ate as kids and even foods our mothers ate that affected us in utero.

You’ve probably already seen this, but his website has a cancer section that has lots of good information, including an action plan for food and supplements. It is under the Resources - Health Concerns heading.

Your dh is lucky to have you taking care of him, and I’m sure that the excellent nutrition is going to help him have a good outcome. I will be thinking of both of you!

• Like 2

Thursday

Breakfast--oatmeal with pecans, mixed frozen berries, a splash of maple syrup, cardamom, cinnamon, and some milkadamia to thin it just a bit. So yummy.

Lunch--frozen gf/df burrito and some sauteed potatoes, also a banana

Dinner--Rice noodles in chicken broth and a big salad

Snack--dark chocolate, some almonds, and then later when ds and ddil came we enjoyed some popcorn and watermelon together.

• Like 4

Thursday - 

Breakfast - I had an early morning farrier appointment, so I had a walnut chocolate chip WellBean bar and an apple beforehand. Afterwards, I had my usual bowl of mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers, plus a breakfast bowl with black eyed peas, oats, spelt, barley, kiwi, banana, longans, lychees, sour cherries, fig, nectarine, goldenberries, blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate, lemon and orange zest, goji berries, mulberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens and shredded Brussels sprouts, tomato, beets, radishes, edamame, pistachios, sesame seeds. I made Monkey & Me’s Yum Yum salad dressing for the first time - it’s cashew-based with miso, tomato paste, rice vinegar, etc. Really tasty. I made one minor change (sweetened with dates rather than maple syrup).

Dinner - Black bean burger with pickles, red onion, and sauerkraut. A Hasselback potato (Shane & Simple recipe) and steamed asparagus and broccoli.

• Like 3

Friday - 

Breakfast - A lemon G-BOMBS bar while running early errands. Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens and flowers. Breakfast bowl with snowcap beans, 10 grain cereal, banana, white guava, fig, apricot, kiwi, passion fruit, dragon fruit, apple, goldenberries, longans, lychees, elderberries, chokeberries, barberries, goji berries, mulberries, blueberries, blackberries, lemon and lime zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, tofu, tomato, radishes, beets, carrots, kohlrabi, chives, Brazil nuts, sesame seeds, yum yum dressing. A mandarin.

Dinner - After working outside in the heat for much of the day, I kept dinner simple. A batch of my oil-free tortilla chips, a bowl of pico de gallo, and a bowl of guacamole. Fresh cherries for dessert.

• Like 3

Friday 

breakfast- keto blueberry granola with coconut yogurt 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mixed greens, onions and mushrooms; 1/2 flaxseed muffin; dark chocolate 

dinner- 1/2 a serving of a garden scramble (Home fried potatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheddar cheese scrambled with eggs, arugula & pickled red onion garnish); gf toast and a vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce for dessert 

• Like 3

Friday

Breakfast—eggs, banana

Lunch—gf wrap with lunchmeat, lettuce; also a clementine

Snack—lots of gorgeous cherries, small handful of corn chips bc craving salt

Dinner—bbq chicken, polenta, carrots, watermelon. Later dh brought us all out for dessert—I had a small scoop of lemon sorbet. 

No chocolate, so that’s a win.

• Like 3

Saturday -

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers. Breakfast bowl with black ayocote beans, oats, spelt, barley, blueberries, blackberries, kiwi, guava, passion fruit, dragon fruit, banana, longans, lychees, goldenberries, figs, sour cherries, pluot, pomegranate, mango, apple, mandarin, lemon and orange zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with lettuces, bok choy, half a black bean burger, corn, asparagus, broccoli, tomato, jalapenos, scallions, yum yum dressing. Honeydew melon and pineapple.

Dinner - I got some gorgeous squash blossoms from my greens grower and wasn’t sure what to do with them. Most of the recipes I’ve seen involve stuffing them with cheese and frying them, so I decided to do a healthy version of that. I stuffed them with hummus and chives and baked them for ten minutes - totally delicious! We also had cauliflower wings (Dr. Ayesha Sherzai’s recipe that we made in Neuro Academy) and cashew ranch with freshly picked parsley and dill. A steamed artichoke, too.

Dessert - will be pumpkin pie banana nice cream.

• Like 3

Saturday 

breakfast- keto cinnamon blueberry granola with coconut yogurt 

lunch - scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens;  1/2 flaxseed muffin, dark chocolate.

Dinner- two pieces of almond crust pizza with red peppers which I supplemented with more roasted peppers and onions and mushrooms; side salad; dark chocolate 

Eggs before bedtime

• Like 3

Saturday 

lunch - Club supreme salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, roast beef, turkey, applewood bacon, oil and vinaigrette); salt and vinegar chips 

Dinner- 1/2 a serving of a garden scramble (Home fried potatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheddar cheese scrambled with eggs, arugula & pickled red onion garnish); mini flaxseed brownie bite

Eggs before bedtime

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers. Breakfast bowl with French lentils, 10 grain cereal, banana, honeydew melon, pineapple, kiwi, pomegranate, blueberries, blackberries, elderberries, chokeberries, goji berries, barberries, mulberries, goldenberries, mandarin, fig, apricot, lemon and orange zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with lettuces, bok choy, tarragon, chives, cucumber, bell pepper, tofu, baby turnips, raw mixed nuts, sesame seeds, yum yum dressing. Longans and lychees.

Dinner - BBQ tofu wrap with pickles and microgreens, a steamed artichoke, the last leftover squash blossom, and a couple cauliflower wings.

Dessert - Cherries.

• Like 4

On 6/2/2023 at 11:10 AM, Selkie said:

Dr. Fuhrman has talked about that toxic load from childhood - how cancer risk can form during our early years and then take many years to develop into full blown cancer. He says the risk comes not only from things like farm chemicals or secondhand smoke, but also from the foods we ate as kids and even foods our mothers ate that affected us in utero.

You’ve probably already seen this, but his website has a cancer section that has lots of good information, including an action plan for food and supplements. It is under the Resources - Health Concerns heading.

Your dh is lucky to have you taking care of him, and I’m sure that the excellent nutrition is going to help him have a good outcome. I will be thinking of both of you!

My MIL was the generation that smoked while pregnant. She is also a firm believer in homemade formula from canned milk and corn syrup. That is what she fed her kids and that is what she tried to get me to do. Thank you for mentioning Dr Fuhrman’s website. We watched his dvd series, which was excellent, and I remember much of the cancer one, because I have been following somewhat similar for my Parkinson’s, but this prompted me to go back and specifically look at his recommendations again. DH was suppose to have surgery this week to remove the tumor and first round of chemo but now he has Covid. We aren’t sure yet what the oncologist will want to do and are going in to the week in limbo. I did a huge grocery trip on Saturday to get multiples of pantry items, oatmeal, nuts, dried fruit, etc. 

I made two vegan bean soups today, with half going in to freezer in individual servings and half in fridge for easy meals. I used dried beans for both, omitted oil, etc. In the black bean one, I omitted sugar, used fresh corn and skipped the adobo and rice… We had that one for supper tonight and it was really good. 

https://dorastable.com/tomatillo-poblano-white-beans-in-the-instant-pot/

https://midwestfoodieblog.com/spicy-black-bean-soup-vegan/

I have been trying to reign in my eating, esp stress eating, by sticking to the basics. Oatmeal for breakfast. Hummus with carrots, cauliflower and bell pepper for lunch. Big salad for supper with homemade oil free dressing for supper. Today I made a vegan protein smoothie as midday snack. I am also trying to get back in to heavy workout schedule and I was starving an hour after lunch. 

I am always so inspired by everyone’s meals! 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, GoVanGogh said:

My MIL was the generation that smoked while pregnant. She is also a firm believer in homemade formula from canned milk and corn syrup. That is what she fed her kids and that is what she tried to get me to do. Thank you for mentioning Dr Fuhrman’s website. We watched his dvd series, which was excellent, and I remember much of the cancer one, because I have been following somewhat similar for my Parkinson’s, but this prompted me to go back and specifically look at his recommendations again. DH was suppose to have surgery this week to remove the tumor and first round of chemo but now he has Covid. We aren’t sure yet what the oncologist will want to do and are going in to the week in limbo. I did a huge grocery trip on Saturday to get multiples of pantry items, oatmeal, nuts, dried fruit, etc. 

I made two vegan bean soups today, with half going in to freezer in individual servings and half in fridge for easy meals. I used dried beans for both, omitted oil, etc. In the black bean one, I omitted sugar, used fresh corn and skipped the adobo and rice… We had that one for supper tonight and it was really good. 

https://dorastable.com/tomatillo-poblano-white-beans-in-the-instant-pot/

https://midwestfoodieblog.com/spicy-black-bean-soup-vegan/

I have been trying to reign in my eating, esp stress eating, by sticking to the basics. Oatmeal for breakfast. Hummus with carrots, cauliflower and bell pepper for lunch. Big salad for supper with homemade oil free dressing for supper. Today I made a vegan protein smoothie as midday snack. I am also trying to get back in to heavy workout schedule and I was starving an hour after lunch. 

I am always so inspired by everyone’s meals! 

Oh man, that stinks that he has Covid on top of everything else. You did not need that added stress.

Dh and I sometimes joke about how many IQ points we missed out on because of what all went on when our moms were pregnant. It's a little scary to think about. My mom was an alcoholic and his also drank as well as chain-smoked. We both were formula-fed with who knows what ingredients...this was the late 60s/early 70s. 

Best of luck this week. I wish we lived closer so I could bring you some meals!

• Like 1

Sunday

Breakfast--Egg and vegetable scramble and some bacon on the side. Tea (NS).

Lunch--Tuna salad with gf crackers. 

Snack--Tea (S) and some cashew crisps from Aldi. Tasty and addictive but probably too much sugar. 

Dinner--Pork tenderloin, tiny potatoes tossed in olive oil with chives, and carrots. 

Had a small bowl of popcorn with dh and ds and ddil later while watching a show together. 

• Like 2

Monday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers. Breakfast bowl with snowcap beans, oats, barley, spelt, banana, kiwi, passion fruit, longans, lychees, mandarin, fig, sour cherries, blueberries, blackberries, dragon fruit, pomegranate, lemon and lime zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Sandwich with Ezekiel toast, tofu, mushrooms, radishes, spring onions, cashew mayo, mustard, sriracha, Everything Bagel seasoning, mixed microgreens. An apple.

Dinner - Sushi (nori, brown rice, tofu, avocado, bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, red cabbage, kale, scallions, sesame seeds, panko).

• Like 3

I made a fabulous “three bean” salad. I harvested quite a few green beans yesterday, some yellow, some green. Lightly blanched them. Tossed with several types of peppers from the garden, red onion, kidney beans and lemon vinegar and apple cider vinegar, Italian herbs. It was yummy. Also had steamed zucchini from the garden and honeydew for dessert. 
breakfast and lunch were standards - oatmeal before my morning walk, hummus and veggies mid afternoon.

• Like 5

Weekend through yesterday: lots of veggies, some foraged mushrooms, black beans, eggs and greens. Smoked salmon instead of pork last night, I've kind of lost my taste for meat over the last week of being very busy. I'm avoiding nightshades like the plague and my hip bursitis is gone, thank goodness. I'm using cumin, garlic, black pepper, and lemon to flavor everything instead of spice.

• Like 3

Monday

Breakfast
- Greek yogurt with berries and granola

Lunch:
- Grilled fish with roasted veggies and sweet potato

Dinner:
- Baked salmon with steamed broccoli and brown rice

Not so long ago I started experiencing bloating and discomfort so I decided to buy Motilium medication to alleviate symptoms and change my diet. I am feeling much better, so I plan to keep a healthy diet. 

Edited by Froste
  • Like 3

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - A lemon G-BOMBS bar before an early vet appointment. Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with Rio Zape beans, 10 grain cereal, longans, banana, kiwi, passion fruit, peach, nectarine, dragon fruit, pomegranate, fig, blueberries, blackberries, elderberries, chokeberries, barberries, goji berries, goldenberries, mulberries, apple, mandarin, lemon and lime zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Sandwich with Ezekiel toast, bbq tofu, edamame, mushrooms, beets, chives, tarragon, cashew mayo, mustard, sriracha, nigella. Watermelon.

Dinner - Leftover veggie/tofu sushi, an artichoke, asparagus.

Dessert - More watermelon.

• Like 2

Tuesday 

lunch - scrambled eggs with carrots, onions and mushrooms; 1/2 fresh muffin, dark chocolate 

Dinner- chicken drumstick, corn on the cob, coleslaw, watermelon, dark chocolate 

Eggs before bedtime

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 2

Wednesday 

lunch - scrambled eggs with carrots, onions and mushrooms; 1/2 fresh muffin, dark chocolate 

Dinner- two slices of almond crust uncured pepperoni pizza topped with extra mushrooms, onions and tomato slices  dark chocolate 

Eggs before bedtime

• Like 2

Wednesday

Breakfast--eggs flavored with a bit of bacon, peach, rooibos tea (NS)

Lunch--yellow rice, polenta, chicken

Snack--dark chocolate, grabbed some frozen gf/df potstickers from the freezer

Dinner--Baked chicken, green beans + chickpeas (Tried to replicate a dish we had in France. It was okay but not like the one in France. Back to the drawing board.)

• Like 2

Wednesday -

Breakfast - A lemon G-BOMBS bar before an early farrier appointment. Mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with black eyed peas, oats, kamut, barley, passion fruit, pomegranate, blueberries, blackberries, sour cherries, fig, apricot, longans, mandarin, banana, apple, pear, kiwi, honeydew, dragon fruit, lemon and orange zest, goji berries, goldenberries, mulberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soymilk.

Lunch - Hummus with veggies (kohlrabi, edamame, baby turnips, radishes, beets). A WellBean Superfood bar (this is their newest flavor with dates, pumpkin seeds, black beans, lentils, cocoa powder, goji berries, and vanilla bean - very good).

Dinner - Homemade pizza with hummus (I was on a hummus kick today), Local Spicery’s Barbecue Bayou seasoning, spring onions, grilled eggplant, mushrooms, peppers, artichoke hearts, green olives.

• Like 2

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers. Breakfast bowl with beluga lentils, 10 grain cereal, papaya, figs, longans, kiwi, pomegranate, blueberries, blackberries, goldenberries, elderberries, chokeberries, barberries, goji berries, mulberries, banana, passion fruit, dragon fruit, pear, orange and lime zest, honeydew, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, seaweed, edamame, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, spring onions, mixed raw nuts, eggplant, beets, yum yum dressing. An apple.

Dinner - Veggies (kohlrabi, baby turnips, asparagus) and homemade oil-free tortilla chips with guacamole. Half an ear of corn on the cob.

Dessert - Finished up the last of a delicious watermelon.

• Like 2

Hi, been a while.

We are FINALLY without crazy for a while, and getting back on track.

Yesterday/Wednesday:

Java festival, and scrambled eggs

Huge salads for lunch

Mexican Gumbo for supper served over brown rice with lime juice and cilantro. Heavy on veggies. Two quarts home canned tomatoes, half can of tomato paste, one whole sweet onion with four garlic cloves and two jalapenos, 2 chilli peppers (deseeded), and a whole bell pepper all caramelized and then run through the blender with the tomatoes, cumin, lots of cumin.  Two cans of black beans. Super yummy.

Today/Thursday:

JavaJive

Small amount of oatmeal with a little butter. Mark put some maple syrup on his with cream. I and just a little milk but no sweetener.

Leftover Gumbo

Homemade GF gruyere mac and cheese, roast Brussels sprouts and green beans.

• Like 3

Thursday 

Dinner- two slices of almond crust uncured pepperoni pizza topped with extra mushrooms, onions and tomato slices  dark chocolate 

Eggs before bedtime

• Like 2

Thursday

Breakfast--egg scramble with some bacon and chives for flavor

Lunch--gf spinach wrap with lunch meat and lettuce

Snack + dinner--More like a weird two small dinners. Late afternoon had 4 gf/df steamed potstickers from the freezer and some dark chocolate and tea. Then at 9pm a super late, light dinner of rice, swordfish, and mango salsa. The salsa absolutely made the meal--it's amazing how such a simple, quick combination is so flavorful.

• Like 2

Made a yummy dessert in the Vitamix tonight. 1/2 cup macadamias + 2/3 cup soy milk + 2 tsp. vanilla powder + a handful each of frozen mango, passion fruit, and dragon fruit. Topped with unsweetened shredded coconut and  cacao nibs. This made two servings.

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 3

Friday - 

Breakfast - A lemon poppyseed WellBean bar while running errands. Watercress with mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers. Breakfast bowl with scarlet runner beans, oats, spelt, barley, pear, longans, kiwi, fig, blueberries, raspberries, goldenberries, goji berries, mulberries, elderberries, chokeberries, barberries, passion fruit, dragon fruit, pomegranate, orange, lemon and orange zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Sandwich with Ezekiel toast, eggplant, beets, chives, radishes, tofu, avocado, mustard, sriracha, Everything Bagel seasoning. A superfood WellBean bar.

Dinner - Steamed veggies (artichoke, asparagus, corn on the cob). Leftover homemade pizza with tomato sauce, grilled peppers, artichoke hearts, spring onions, green olives.

• Like 3

Friday

Breakfast--2 bananas

Lunch--Grabbed gf/df burrito out of the freezer

Snack--gf wrap with lunch meat; dark chocolate and a few almonds

Dinner--df yogurt, 2 gf breaded chicken strips, very small handful of oven fries (not a very good brand, so easy to exercise restraint), 3 wedges watermelon

• Like 3

Saturday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers. Breakfast bowl with buckeye beans, 10 grain cereal, papaya, fig, sour cherries, kiwi, longans, pear, apricot, nectarine, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, pomegranate, passion fruit, dragon fruit, goldenberries, goji berries, mulberries, orange and lime zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Sandwich with Ezekiel bread, tomato, eggplant, spring onions, beets, tofu, radishes, cashew mayo, mustard, sriracha, sesame seeds. A couple orange slices.

Dinner - Cabbage and black eyed soup served over wild rice (leftovers from the freezer). A steamed artichoke and an ear of corn.

Dessert - Peach pineapple mango strawberry nice cream.

• Like 1

Saturday:

Beginning of our anniversary weekend so health isn't necessarily our thing until Monday! 😁

Breakfast - Java Jive and scones

Lunch  - Salad with bacon dressing

Snack - homemade pecan shortbread cookies and specialty tea

Dinner - filet mignon, gruyere mashed potatoes, roasted green beans, crimini mushrooms in a cognac reduction, and homemade specialty lemonade laced weigh lemon vodka to make it slightly bubbly since we didn't have any champagne in the cupboard.

So not exactly our normal attempt at eating healthier.

• Like 3

Saturday

Breakfast--low-sugar granola with df almond milk yogurt, also a banana

Lunch--Not so healthy. Leftover fries. A bunless burger. Dh and I had a cupcake (mine obvs gf/df) to congratulate ourselves for surviving our overnight respite care assignment. (Truly nice little kids, but three unregulated foster kids are a handful.)

Dinner--Roasted cauliflower with olive oil and southwest spices. Used that to make vegan tacos--corn tortillas, mango salsa (YUM), roasted cauli, homemade guacamole. Had an ear of corn on the side with EB butter. I first tried vegan tacos a couple years ago and I really love them.

Snack--dark chocolate, tea (S)

• Like 2