Menu

June Healthy Eating

Selkie

Sunday/Today

I made a yummy spinach and red pepper gruyere quiche for brunch since we slept in. We had specialty java, mocha, with chocolate Barton bourbon cream.

Then for the rest of the day we ate on leftovers from last night's supper and the quiche. It has been very relaxing. Mashed potatoes, green beans, steak bites, and some salad.

• Like 4

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with buckeye beans, oats, spelt, barley, pear, blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate, kiwi, passion fruit, dragon fruit, cherries, fig, apricot, pluot, lemon and orange zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Two squash blossoms stuffed with black bean hummus and chives (I think I forgot to say we had these with dinner last night). Big salad with mixed greens, butternut squash, tomato, mushrooms, radishes, baby turnips & kohlrabi, eggplant, beets, edamame, spring onions, almonds, nigella, WFPB Greek vinaigrette. Orange slices.

Dinner - I found two cans of hearts of palm in the pantry and used them to make vegan "crab" cakes that were so good. I loosely based them on Monkey & Me's recipe, but changed it a little (Old Bay seasoning makes my tastebuds shrivel - so much salt! - so I subbed a salt-free blend from Local Spicery). Served them with tartar sauce made from cashew mayo, chopped dill pickles, and fresh dill.

Then I also had a head of cauliflower in the fridge that needed using up, so I made Monkey & Me's Creamy Cauliflower Bean Soup (with borlotti and butter beans) and served it over the last of the wild rice from last night.

• Like 3

Sunday

Breakfast--egg and veg scramble, bacon, tea (NS), mango

Lunch--tacos (mango salsa, tiny bit of lunch meat for protein, lots of roast cauliflower, corn tortillas). Later had 2 gf chicken strips.

Snack--dark chocolate. Also working a late deadline tonight, so planning to have some popcorn later.

Dinner--Leftovers: baked chicken, green beans with chickpeas and tomatoes, rice, carrots.

• Like 3

Monday - 

Breakfast - A lemon poppyseed WellBean bar before an early appointment. Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with King City pink beans, 10 grain cereal, goldenberries, longans, fig, apricot, sour cherries, papaya, pear, mandarin, kiwi, pomegranate, blueberries, blackberries, passion fruit, dragon fruit, orange and lemon zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Sandwich with Ezekiel toast, radishes, baby turnips, mushrooms, tomato, spring onions, tofu, cashew mayo, mustard, sriracha, Everything Bagel seasoning. A couple apple slices.

Dinner - A bowl of creamy cauliflower bean soup with spinach and butternut ravioli. Roasted asparagus and an ear of corn.

• Like 3

I've been traveling and super busy so unable to come here to read or post.  Hoping to get back into my routine of reading and posting.

Today was an egg with stir fried turnips and bok choi

some chocolate almonds before a hike

chicken and oyster mushrooms from a tree on my hike

a few bites of sorbet that didn't taste very good

• Like 3

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - Mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with cassoulet beans, oats, barley, rye, kiwi, apple, pear, longans, fig, apricot, nectarine, elderberries, chokeberries, barberries, blueberries, blackberries, goldenberries, goji berries, mulberries, mandarin, pomegranate, passion fruit, dragon fruit, mango, orange and lemon zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, tomato, mushrooms, baby turnips, radishes, carrots, spring onions, peanuts, black bean hummus.

Dinner - BBQ tofu wraps with homemade cashew tartar sauce (a favorite way to use our abundance of fresh dill). Oven fries (mix of sweet potatoes and two other potatoes). Steamed veggies (asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, corn on the cob).

• Like 3

Tuesday

Breakfast--low-sugar granola and a cup of coffee with a dash of maple syrup and some milkadamia

Lunch--leftover gnocchi with meat sauce, an apple

Snack--gf/df chocolate crackers. Kinda weird--they're like graham crackers but with cocoa. 

Dinner--Rice and veg stirfry with a mahi mahi filet

• Like 3

corn and scallion cakes with an egg and fresh salsa - love the taste but expecting the nightshade backlash

some brownie and fizzy elderflower cordial for a friend's celebration

a hamburger with a bun, salad

Today was an odd day for food!

• Like 3

We have been so busy gardening and getting the sailboat ready, that I haven't been reporting daily. But here is an update:

A typical day is slay java gods, eat a boiled egg or small amount of oatmeal, maybe a granola bar on their go, then have salads at lunch and we are trying a variety of different salad ideas to keep from being bored, and then we toss fish or large portabellas, or a big chicken thigh to share onto the grill along with veggies or I do a sheet pan of mixed veggies all herbed up into the oven, whichever way works best.

Tonight is Mark's birthday meal, and I have some salmon for the grill, veggie and mushroom shishkabobs, and risotto planned. We will splurge and have some ice cream after dinner.

Mostly it has been very healthy. We just are outside so much that I have not gotten back into the habit of posting.

• Like 4

Mid-month musings:

My goal for the rest of the month can be summed up in two words: Seaweed and sauerkraut! I keep intending to include more sea veggies and fermented foods in my diet, and I have plenty of both on hand, but somehow I always forget. So my goal is to get in the habit of including one or both in my daily salads.

I am very excited to be starting another Cornell certificate program to add on to the Plant Based Nutrition certificate I earned earlier this year. This one is called Food & Sustainability, and the description is as follows: “Food & Sustainability ties together several of the most critical issues facing us today: the environmental impacts of food production, the importance of food justice and accessibility, the complexity of international food systems, and most importantly, the positive changes we can make every day with our food choices. Topics include how to achieve a sustainable lifestyle, understanding and mitigating food waste, the impact of global food production on the environment, new and sustainable approaches to agriculture, community food systems and activism, sustainable business practices, and much more.”

And in other exciting news (if you are a bean nerd like me), I finally got into the Rancho Gordo Bean Club after waiting a looonnngg time. My first package is on the way!🫘

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers. Breakfast bowl with French lentils, oats, spelt, barley, papaya, dragon fruit, pomegranate, fig, nectarine, blueberries, elderberries, chokeberries, barberries, goji berries, goldenberries, mulberries, kiwi, longans, orange, passion fruit, mango, lemon zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, sweet potato, tomato, quinoa, chives, carrot, bell pepper, peanuts, baby turnips, black bean hummus for dressing. Apple and pear slices and blackberries.

Dinner - Baked egg rolls that I slapped together with whatever we had - garlic, ginger, spring onions, scallions, shiitakes, carrot, green and red cabbage, collard greens, tofu. I made Dr. Fuhrman’s sesame peanut dressing for dipping sauce.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Mid-month musings:

My goal for the rest of the month can be summed up in two words: Seaweed and sauerkraut! I keep intending to include more sea veggies and fermented foods in my diet, and I have plenty of both on hand, but somehow I always forget. So my goal is to get in the habit of including one or both in my daily salads.

I am very excited to be starting another Cornell certificate program to add on to the Plant Based Nutrition certificate I earned earlier this year. This one is called Food & Sustainability, and the description is as follows: “Food & Sustainability ties together several of the most critical issues facing us today: the environmental impacts of food production, the importance of food justice and accessibility, the complexity of international food systems, and most importantly, the positive changes we can make every day with our food choices. Topics include how to achieve a sustainable lifestyle, understanding and mitigating food waste, the impact of global food production on the environment, new and sustainable approaches to agriculture, community food systems and activism, sustainable business practices, and much more.”

And in other exciting news (if you are a bean nerd like me), I finally got into the Rancho Gordo Bean Club after waiting a looonnngg time. My first package is on the way!🫘

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers. Breakfast bowl with French lentils, oats, spelt, barley, papaya, dragon fruit, pomegranate, fig, nectarine, blueberries, elderberries, chokeberries, barberries, goji berries, goldenberries, mulberries, kiwi, longans, orange, passion fruit, mango, lemon zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, sweet potato, tomato, quinoa, chives, carrot, bell pepper, peanuts, baby turnips, black bean hummus for dressing. Apple and pear slices and blackberries.

Dinner - Baked egg rolls that I slapped together with whatever we had - garlic, ginger, spring onions, scallions, shiitakes, carrot, green and red cabbage, collard greens, tofu. I made Dr. Fuhrman’s sesame peanut dressing for dipping sauce.

I am very interested in your Rancho Gordo Bean experience so I hope you will post descriptions.

• Like 2

Thursday 

breakfast- keto cinnamon blueberry granola with coconut yogurt 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mixed greens, onions and mushrooms; 1/2 fresh muffin, dark chocolate 

dinner- proving yet again that I am constitutionally unable to make a wrap, I tried to make Thai beef basil wraps but the cauliflower wraps refused to soften up and cracked and came undone. So we put the Thai beef basil mixture in a bowl on top of coconut lime rice with cucumbers and peanuts. And it was delicious.  

Eggs before bedtime

• Like 2

Friday - 

Breakfast - A lemon poppyseed WellBean bar while running early errands. Watercress with mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers. Breakfast bar with vaquero beans, 10 grain cereal, banana, nectarine, apricot, apple, blackberries, blueberries, sour cherries, fig, pluot, pomegranate, mandarin, dragon fruit, passion fruit, kiwi, longans, goji berries, goldenberries, mulberries, lemon and orange zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Leftover egg rolls.

Dinner - A steamed artichoke and pizza with garlic, onions, red bell pepper, artichoke hearts.

Dessert - A sliver of Rainforest Cake, made by the fabulous Alaine at Green Heart Bakery (she is Chef AJ’s SIL!). We get this cake a few times a year and it is a seriously delicious mix of fruit and nuts without the oil and sugar and eggs of traditional fruitcake.

• Like 3

Friday 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mixed greens, onions and mushrooms; 1/2 fresh muffin, dark chocolate 

dinner- celebrated dh’s birthday a couple of days early 

Cheeseburger on a gf bun, salad with greens, tomatoes, cucumber and honey mustard dressing, half of a gf lava cake 

Eggs before bedtime

• Like 3

Friday

Breakfast--What a fiasco. Slammed down an apple on my way to the gym. But then didn't grab more food afterward. Just got swept up in the day and ended up waaaaaay to hungry at lunch time.

Lunch--2 bunless burger patties and some oven fries, also snacked while out and about

Dinner--Hodgepodge. Grabbed some gf potstickers from the freezer. Ate some leftover stirfry and more oven fries. Threw in some watermelon for good measure. Later had one scoop of df chocolate ice cream--we're watching respite kids for the third time and once everyone is successfully down for the night, it's party time. 

• Like 3

Friday:

We didn't have breakfast but made the usual sacrifices of java beans to the energy gods.

Lunch - we made veggie and cheese wraps. I made a homemade Italian dressing for them. Mark ate the first radish from the garden! 

Dinner - we had baked cod loins, baked potatoes, roast brussels, and steamed broccoli.

• Like 3

Saturday - 

Breakfast - A lemon poppyseed WellBean bar and an apple before an early appointment. Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with Midnight black beans, oats, rye, barley, banana, nectarine, pear, blackberries, blueberries, elderberries, chokeberries, barberries, goji berries, goldenberries, mulberries, fig, kiwi, pomegranate, mandarin, orange and lime zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, chives, edamame, tomato, bell pepper, hazelnuts, sesame seeds, garlic, nigella, carrot, sesame peanut dressing.

Dinner - Stir fry with brown rice, garlic, ginger, scallions, mushrooms, Swiss chard, two bags of assorted stir fry veggies, an extra can of water chestnuts (dh’s fave), tofu, teriyaki balsamic vinegar.

• Like 2

Saturday 

Breakfast—banana, low-sugar granola with milkadamia

Lunch—big salad with lunch meat

Snack—I literally threw some leftovers together into a bowl and topped with spaghetti sauce. Consisted of chickpeas, green beans, and the sauce which had Italian sausage.

Dinner—gf/df chicken strips, oven fries, watermelon 

Enjoyed some df ice cream after putting kids to bed (respite foster care). Definitely a well deserved treat.

• Like 2

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers. Breakfast bowl with scarlet runner beans, 10 grain cereal, passion fruit, banana, longans, goldenberries, blueberries, pomegranate, kiwi, honeydew, fig, nectarine, dragon fruit, lemon and lime zest, goji berries, mulberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, seaweed, tomato, edamame, bell pepper, chives, sauerkraut, radishes, pistachios, sesame seeds, nigella, black bean hummus for dressing. Rambutans and a walnut chocolate chip WellBean bar.

Dinner - Repeat of last night: A steamed artichoke and stir fry with brown rice, lots of veggies and greens, tofu, and teriyaki balsamic vinegar.

• Like 2

Sunday-

special gf birthday cake for dh at church 

lunch- Vietnamese chicken noodle stir fry (rice vermicelli, baby bok choy, daikon, carrots, green beans, onions, chicken)

Dinner - scrambled eggs with mixed greens, onions and mushrooms; 1/2 fresh muffin, two bites of cake

Eggs before bedtime

• Like 2

I've had covid for the first time and eating is kind of hilarious.  I can only taste salty and haven't been hungry at all so I'm really just eating the pot of beluga lentils I made last week, with salty tortilla chips last night.  Last night my kids made crab rolls for dh for father's day and I almost asked them to drop one off for me but realized it would be a complete waste since I can't taste it.

• Like 2

We have been earing very light. It got hot out, and now we do not want heavy meals. Lots of baked potatoes, salads, small fish fillets, lots of fresh veggies as well as grilled.

Today we ate the first broccoli harvest from our garden. It was so sweet, so much better than I buy in the supermarket!

I have had a crazy, whirlwind day, and it is warm in the house. We don't want to turn the air on if we can help it. So I might treat myself too one of the lemonade popsicles I made.

My daughter made some low sugar lemonade for our grandsons, and blended it with fresh picked blueberries from the Alabama yard, then froze it for popsicles. Apparently the grandboys thought this was DA BOMB. 

Tomorrow I am picking up a flat of strawberries from my favorite farm family. I am going to freeze some, and dehydrate some. I really don't know how to make a dinner entre that revolved around strawberries, but I feel like I should figure that out, and it shouldn't be oatmeal for dinner! Does polenta and strawberries count? 😂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Eos said:

I've had covid for the first time and eating is kind of hilarious.  I can only taste salty and haven't been hungry at all so I'm really just eating the pot of beluga lentils I made last week, with salty tortilla chips last night.  Last night my kids made crab rolls for dh for father's day and I almost asked them to drop one off for me but realized it would be a complete waste since I can't taste it.

Hope you are on the mend soon! Dh and I had Covid a few months ago, but it thankfully did not affect our tastebuds.

• Like 2

Monday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with French lentils, oats, kamut, barley, longans, rambutans, mandarin, kiwi, banana, goldenberries, blueberries, blackberries, elderberries, chokeberries, barberries, goji berries, mulberries, dragon fruit, passion fruit, fig, lemon and orange zest, pomegranate, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Veggie sandwich with Ezekiel toast, mushrooms, beets, radishes, tomato, chives, pea tendrils, cashew mayo, mustard, Everything Bagel seasoning. A Superfood WellBean bar.

Dinner - Summer rolls (rice paper, brown rice noodles, tofu, avocado, red onion, carrot, bell pepper, jalapenos, shredded red cabbage and collard greens, fresh herbs from the garden - cilantro, parsley, dill). A sliver of Alaine’s Rainforest Cake.

• Like 3

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - A lemon poppyseed WellBean bar while running errands. Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with black ayocote beans, 10 grain cereal, goldenberries, blueberries, raspberries, rambutans, longans, kiwi, passion fruit, dragon fruit, sour cherries, fig, pear, pomegranate, lemon and orange zest, goji berries, mulberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Clean out the fridge day. Leftover brown rice with stir fry veggies and greens, with a few other odds and ends thrown in - edamame, roasted asparagus and cauliflower, black bean hummus on top. Pineapple and honeydew.

Dinner - Leftover summer rolls and fresh cherries.

• Like 2

Wicked crazy day. I subsisted mostly on coffee which isn't exactly healthy. I had some celery and a V-8 juice at some point midday, a handful of pretzels at 5 pm, and have finally dropped into the chair. I am truly hungry. My body is barking at me, my stomach sounds like it really wants my attention. I am too tired to do anything about it, and do not want to move.

Not my best day for sure.

Edited by Faith-manor
Typos I hate the kindle
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Eating through covid has been sort of hilarious: I can only taste salt. I've literally only been eating lentils, seaweed, and greens from the garden as filler for the salty seaweed-lentil roll-ups I've been eating.  Until last night when I ate Thanksgiving.

Ds and ddil plus ddil's parents were here for Father's Day and were supposed to have been here for dd's high school graduation (which has now been postponed and they all went home, sigh.)  But to the point of food: every year at Thanksgiving I buy two turkeys from our farmer, eat one and put one in the freezer.  So last week BC (Before Covid) I thawed the second turkey, my bad.  Fast forward to yesterday: I had dh drop off the turkey, some spuds, a roasting pan, broccoli, a loaf of bread and some sage, and the last of our foraged cranberries from the freezer in town. I roasted the turkey and made stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, roasted broccoli with lemon zest, cranberry sauce, and a salad of baby lettuces and kale from the garden, piled it all onto a platter and ds picked it back up.  Family assured me it all tasted exactly right, which is a miracle since I couldn't taste any of it - cooking auto-pilot for the win!

Dd (supposed to be graduating this Saturday) now has covid so she and I ate Thanksgiving dinner minus the pies here together, minus the flavor for me, and chalked it up in the "anything for a weird life" category.

Today I will eat salty leftovers.

• Like 3

As promised, here are some pics of my first Rancho Gordo Bean Club box. This box is “influenced by Italy” and contained six pounds of beans (cranberry, Marcella, Puglia lentils, garbanzo, large white lima, and Royal Corona) and Canela soft cinnamon sticks.

Also, lots of recipes, fun wrapping paper, and a Bean Club newsletter.

Love the Steinbeck quote from the newsletter: “Beans are a roof over your stomach”.🫘

IMG_0425.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posting for yesterday cuz I was too tired last night…

Wednesday - 

Breakfast - Kale with mixed microgreens (We’re always scraping the bottom of the barrel for greens on Wednesday morning, and then we get our weekly delivery in the afternoon and both our fridges are completely filled to bursting with bags and bags of greens. You can barely open the door without getting attacked by green leafy things.)

Breakfast bowl with snowcap beans, oats, rye, barley, kiwi, guava, longans, rambutans, blueberries, blackberries, mandarin, passion fruit, dragon fruit, honeydew, pomegranate, goji berries, mulberries, goldenberries, lemon and orange zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soymilk.

Lunch - Veggie sandwich with Ezekiel toast, tofu, beets, mushrooms, radishes, red onion, tomato, cashew mayo, mustard, Everything Bagel seasoning, broccoli sprouts.

Dinner - Two Actual Veggies Orange burgers (sweet potato, carrot, and bell pepper) with pickles and sauerkraut. Oven fries and steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, summer squash, carrots).

Dessert - Vanilla hazelnut banana nice cream.

• Like 2

Yesterday (Wednesday)

B: Coffee crazy and boiled eggs

L: Salads, very large, including snow peas from the garden

😧pan widget

This thing will not let me delete that frown face. I don't even know why it is there!

Dinner: black bean burgers, gf homemade mac n cheese, and steamed broccoli from the garden.

Edited by Faith-manor
Trying to get the frown face out without success, and no idea why it is there to begin with. Kindle is not an intelligent technology.
  • Like 2

On 6/21/2023 at 11:05 AM, Selkie said:

As promised, here are some pics of my first Rancho Gordo Bean Club box. This box is “influenced by Italy” and contained six pounds of beans (cranberry, Marcella, Puglia lentils, garbanzo, large white lima, and Royal Corona) and Canela soft cinnamon sticks.

Also, lots of recipes, fun wrapping paper, and a Bean Club newsletter.

Love the Steinbeck quote from the newsletter: “Beans are a roof over your stomach”.🫘

IMG_0425.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

I want to make that chickpea potato spread! Thanks for posting it.

• Like 1

I guess that I forgot to post yesterday too!

Wednesday -

Lunch- scrambled eggs with mixed greens, onions and mushrooms; 1/2 fresh muffin, Jojo’s guilt free chocolate 

dinner- 1/2 of a bacon cheeseburger on a gf bun, salad with greens, tomatoes, cucumber and honey mustard dressing and cheese.

Eggs before bedtime

• Like 2

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers. Breakfast bowl with Domingo de Rojo beans, 10 grain cereal, honeydew, kiwi, mango, longans, rambutans, fig, apricot, pomegranate, yacon, blueberries, blackberries, goji berries, mulberries, goldenberries, banana, passion fruit, dragon fruit, lemon and lime zest, walnuts, flax, chia hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Leftover summer rolls and an apple.

Dinner - Same sweet potato burgers as last night with corn on the cob, cherries, and watermelon.

• Like 1

Thursday -

Lunch- scrambled eggs with mixed greens, onions and mushrooms; 1/2 fresh muffin, Jojo’s guilt free chocolate 

dinner- corn on the cob, really thin pork chops marinated in “Garlic Expressions “ and grilled, avocado crunch salad (cabbage and kale mix, dried corn on top, cheese, avocado dressing)  

note to self:  Dh really liked this dinner and it was so easy.

Eggs before bedtime

• Like 1

Friday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens, microgreens, and flowers. Breakfast bowl with soybeans, oats, barley, spelt, mandarin, pear, apple, banana, longans, rambutans, kiwi, papaya, pineapple, fig, apricot, dragon fruit, passion fruit, mango, blueberries, goji berries, mulberries, goldenberries, lemon and orange zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, edamame, seaweed, tomato, zucchini, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, summer squash, beets, sweet potato, black bean hummus for dressing. A lemon poppyseed WellBean bar.

Dinner - I made one of our absolute favorites, the amazing Cauliflower Fiesta tacos from Monkey & Me Kitchen Adventures. Cauliflower, red onion, spring onions, garlic, yellow bell pepper, shiitakes, corn, pinto beans, salsa, coconut aminos, nutritional yeast, veggie broth, loads of spices. Had them on almond flour tortillas with guacamole and cilantro. Yum!!

Dessert - Frozen mango, peaches, and strawberries blended with a handful of macadamias, a splash of soy milk, and a dash of vanilla powder.

• Like 2

Friday

dinner- 1/2 of a bacon cheeseburger on a gf bun, salad with cabbage and kale, crisped corn, carrots, cheese and avocado dressing  

Eggs before bedtime

• Like 2

Today (Saturday)

Two scrambled eggs each with red pepper, potatoes, spinach lots and lots of coffee

Tuna melts and salads

Homemade gnudi in parmesan sauce with peas and mushrooms, and roast asparagus

We spent part of the evening at MIL's house. She served strawberries, pound cake, and whipped cream. I ate a couple of strawberries without the other stuff.

The gnudi was great. I have never made that before. Those fresh peas with it were wonderful. I will definitely make it again. I have never made gnocchi, so that is on my bucket list now.

• Like 2

Saturday 

Today is a huge egg day because I spoke at a multi church women’s tea and eggs are the perfect food for managing my blood sugars  

lunch- scrambled eggs with mixed greens, onions and mushrooms 

tea-  Some organic cranberry sparkling soda; gf mini muffins; fruit salad, some cheese  

Dinner - scrambled eggs with mixed greens, onions and mushrooms; 1/2 fresh muffin, Jojo’s guilt free chocolate 

Eggs before bedtime

• Like 2