Menu

My unfortunate pants situation

Terabith

I discovered today, after working a full day at preschool, that my pants have a large rip in the seam.  The seam is not just ripped but absolutely shredded.  It's completely weird and I have no idea when/ how it happened.  

This is especially unfortunate because I recently realized most of my other pants no longer fit due to stretched out waist bands.  Also, I have weird sensory issues, and am incredibly picky about pants, and mostly just order them from Land's End.  Unfortunately, they're backordered until July.  

So now I'm trying to figure out suspenders to make them wearable and also trying to figure out other items of clothing that work.  I mean, skirts are always an option, but I'm ridiculously picky about how those feel and they have to have pockets and all kinds of annoyances.  

• Sad 2

When I need clothes I hit up a large second hand store. I’ve only discovered this recently. Sure, you save money, but you really benefit from having so many different brands in your size in one place. Also, you know how they’ll wash. 

Once I needed jeans and didn’t feel like shopping. I ran into 2nd Avenue and threw about 15 pairs of jeans I liked that looked to be my size in the cart. I stacked them up from favorite to least favorite and just started trying them on. I quit when I had three that fit well. I was in and out of the store in less than 30 minutes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am not sure where you should buy pants.

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

The seam is not just ripped but absolutely shredded.  It's completely weird and I have no idea when/ how it happened.  

But I must ask, where was Inky when this was going on?

Just curious.  

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, BandH said:

I am not sure where you should buy pants.

But I must ask, where was Inky when this was going on?

Just curious.  

Ooooohh, I hadn't thought of looking on ebay or thread up.  Excellent suggestions.  The reality is that I only have a week left of preschool, and I'll probably wear skirts or shorts.  Shorts are a teensy bit more casual than people usually wear but not radically different, and during the last week, there's a lot of freedom.  

My coworkers swear up and down they didn't notice this, so maybe it occurred after school.  But I was only home an hour before the chiropractor noticed it.  And I don't think Inky was responsible, though maybe she was responsible before I put them on this morning?  Like when they were in the clean clothes pile, she did run through a bunch of laundry.  It certainly looked like they were attacked by a cat, but I am quite sure I would have noticed if I was attacked by a cat on my butt while I was wearing them.  I can be oblivious but not THAT oblivious.  

• Haha 6

I mean, preschool is out in a week and two days.  I have skirts, and leggings, and shorts that I can get away with wearing, and also suspenders for my pants.  And one other pair of pants that is dirty, but also an option once I do laundry.  I will be fine.  It is just irritating.  

14 hours ago, Terabith said:

Ooooohh, I hadn't thought of looking on ebay or thread up.  Excellent suggestions.  The reality is that I only have a week left of preschool, and I'll probably wear skirts or shorts.  Shorts are a teensy bit more casual than people usually wear but not radically different, and during the last week, there's a lot of freedom.  

My coworkers swear up and down they didn't notice this, so maybe it occurred after school.  But I was only home an hour before the chiropractor noticed it.  And I don't think Inky was responsible, though maybe she was responsible before I put them on this morning?  Like when they were in the clean clothes pile, she did run through a bunch of laundry.  It certainly looked like they were attacked by a cat, but I am quite sure I would have noticed if I was attacked by a cat on my butt while I was wearing them.  I can be oblivious but not THAT oblivious.  

Could she (or a boy cat, she just seems the most lively) have run over the laundry and snagged and snapped a thread and it worked its way out through the day so things fell apart?

I don't think there's any way you wore shredded pants in a class of 3 year olds all day without someone trying to stick their fingers in to investigate. So, if I'm right it must have been invisible damage until it wasn't.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, BandH said:

Could she (or a boy cat, she just seems the most lively) have run over the laundry and snagged and snapped a thread and it worked its way out through the day so things fell apart?

I don't think there's any way you wore shredded pants in a class of 3 year olds all day without someone trying to stick their fingers in to investigate. So, if I'm right it must have been invisible damage until it wasn't.

Oohhhh, I bet that’s what happened!!!   And yes, would absolutely have been Inky and not Aslan or Obama.