Menu

Eurovision is so much fun!

happi duck

We look forward to watching it as a family every year - a great way to listen to a wide variety of music, learn about different countries, and laugh our heads off at the extravaganza. I really had no idea who was going to win this year!!

• Like 2

We watched as a family every year, but this year my daughters are both at university.  They logged in from their dorms and we from home and we kept a running commentary going on our family WhatsApp group.   It was huge fun to connect that way.

• Like 5

How do you watch it? Is there a specific website? I'd love to watch, but didn't know there was a way to access it.

Celine Dion won it one year, and it was a big influence in catapolting her singing career. The song was actually very good. I think it was in the mid 80s. 

• Like 1

I have heard it's on youtube? In Australia it's on one of the major TV channels (SBS) and it's a big deal especially for families from European backgrounds. I don't think I'd really heard of it before I met my other half whose parents emigrated from Europe. 

• Like 1

Our household didn't love the winning song (Sweden).  It was predicted Sweden would win and the jury vote for Sweden was huge!  Listening to the Eurovision playlist I've come to like the winning song more.

I'll be obsessed with the playlist for awhile!

2 hours ago, happi duck said:

@wintermom

We watched on Peacock which is part of our cable system.  But I think it's also a separate streaming service too

Rats! I don't have that. I have Amazon Prime and Britbox. I don't think it's available on either of those. Maybe I'll look for something on yourtube. Surely there'd be some highlights there? 😉 

• Like 1