Menu

Ukrainian mothers going to Russia to bring their children home

Eos

• Eos changed the title to Ukrainian mothers going to Russia to bring their children home
Just now, Spy Car said:

So many children have been stolen from Ukrainian mothers and shipped off to Russia. It is shocking to the human conscience.

I have yet to read the article. I need to brace myself first. I'm a big tough-guy, except when I'm not.

Bill

The opening picture of two teen boys brought quick tears for me.

Russia's "Children's Rights Commissioner," Maria Lvova-Belova, who is in charge of the kidnapping and "reeducation" program, adopted one of the kidnapped children and uses him for propaganda purposes.

"The children’s “assimilation” in their adopted country takes place at “re-education” and “psychological rehabilitation” centres in Moscow, Rostov and Tuapse, a town on the northeast shore of the Black Sea. According to Belarusian state news agency Belta, roughly a thousand children from the Donbas, aged between six and 15, have been taken in by a centre in Belarus to allow them to “rest and recover”.

The children attending these centres receive both “care” and “daily lessons in Russian language and history”, Lvova-Belova tells her Telegram subscribers. Adaptation can sometimes take time, she explains. At first, she says, Filip, her adopted Ukrainian son, displayed “a certain negativity”. He insisted on singing the Ukrainian anthem and talking about his attendance at demonstrations in support of the Ukrainian military. But his behaviour has now changed and he is “grateful” to the “great Russian family” that saved him."

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20230113-mother-russia-maria-lvova-belova-the-putin-ally-deporting-ukrainian-children

She also forced him to appear on Russian television praising her as "the most beautiful person I ever met in my life" and claiming that he "never had anyone love me so much as she does."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/15/europe/russia-ukraine-children-maria-lvova-belova-intl/index.html

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6