Menu

Supplements: Who's taking & Why

Myra

25 minutes ago, Resilient said:

A pipe-up that might be a bit off topic but it’s my reaction to this thread.  It feels a bit like there’s some over-sharing, esp. in light of the general concerns people have about internet privacy, some of which were encoded in the HIPPA laws. 

I know I’m not the internet police or a moderator.  It’s just me, piping up.  

noted. I deleted part of my post. 

• Vitamin D3 because indoorsy.
  • B12 once a week because I don't consume a lot of dietary sources.

I *should* be taking iron but haven't found one I like.

I take allergy meds year-round, but 'tis the season especially right now.

B and Elderberry and C

b was recommended years ago by a Dr as I had really bad cracks in the corners of my mouth. I don’t tend to get them anymore but I still get brain foggy if I don’t take it for too long. The other is probably just placebo effect but I figure my immune system could use some help to deal with all the kid germs at work.

Vit D as my levels have been low over several years. 

Started taking a few things I read about for brain health and reduced inflammation - lion's mane mushroom, krill oil, mulberry leaf extract, B vitamins. I don't have huge 'belief' in them, but I feel like it can't hurt.

14 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

B and Elderberry and C

b was recommended years ago by a Dr as I had really bad cracks in the corners of my mouth. I don’t tend to get them anymore but I still get brain foggy if I don’t take it for too long. The other is probably just placebo effect but I figure my immune system could use some help to deal with all the kid germs at work.

Elderberry (Sambucol) syrup doesn’t have any effect for me. Vitamin C in high doses have always help reduce severity of hay fever and gum bleeding. I needed at least 300mg daily when in college. I use Energen C for convenience. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...