Menu

Help Me FInd These Subscription Boxes

Green Bean

15 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

Yep, Little Passports was the one I was trying to remember.

I didn't really like little passports. I liked that they gave me stickers to put on this map to remind my kids of the places they learned about, but every crate has a "blue jello" project (or that term that @HomeAgain has for projects that don't really build knowledge but are just there so they can say it's hands-on).  I mean the good thing is all the materials is in the crate the bad thing is it's one more thing to clutter my house.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clarita said:

I didn't really like little passports. I liked that they gave me stickers to put on this map to remind my kids of the places they learned about, but every crate has a "blue jello" project (or that term that @HomeAgain has for projects that don't really build knowledge but are just there so they can say it's hands-on).  I mean the good thing is all the materials is in the crate the bad thing is it's one more thing to clutter my house.

Hmm...I don't like the sound of that! I was hoping for more of a notebook/lapbook like thing we add to as we learn about each country.

Edited by Green Bean

14 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

Hmm...I don;t like the sound of that! I was hoping for more of a notebook/lapbook like thing we add to as we learn about each country.

Not a crate but I got Beautiful Feet Around the World with Picture Books (Part 1) it's like that minus a map you could put stickers on. You could buy the whole box set and it came with one book per area/country. The teachers guide pointed you to other books you could get to explore other countries, dishes you could cook, some notebook/lapbook color and map sheets in the back, other activities. 

It didn't work out for me because I was new to homeschooling when I thought about starting it and I didn't really know how to not do everything. I just got overwhelmed and stopped. It also doesn't help that my oldest does not like coloring so I'm not sure if I can ever get the cutesy notebooking off the ground with him (like I envisioned when he was a tot).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clarita said:

Not a crate but I got Beautiful Feet Around the World with Picture Books (Part 1) it's like that minus a map you could put stickers on. You could buy the whole box set and it came with one book per area/country. The teachers guide pointed you to other books you could get to explore other countries, dishes you could cook, some notebook/lapbook color and map sheets in the back, other activities. 

It didn't work out for me because I was new to homeschooling when I thought about starting it and I didn't really know how to not do everything. I just got overwhelmed and stopped. It also doesn't help that my oldest does not like coloring so I'm not sure if I can ever get the cutesy notebooking off the ground with him (like I envisioned when he was a tot).

That looks about perfect! Thank you.

33 minutes ago, Lovinglife123 said:

Around the world is good, but I would probably just get manual if I were to do again.  Most of the books weren’t Fiar quality that you’d want to reread a ton.

Wow I just realized this. The books they ask for aren't hard books to find either so you can pick and choose the titles to use.

• Like 2

Yes I realized that less was more for my kids.  I tried to get all the extra books but most weren’t interesting.  The core book + 2-3 extra book + food + look up animals + maps book has been good.  We do a country here and there now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lovinglife123 said:

Yes I realized that less was more for my kids.  I tried to get all the extra books but most weren’t interesting.  The core book + 2-3 extra book + food + look up animals + maps book has been good.  We do a country here and there now.

Now that you mention this I think I might pull it out to do with my kids. The pictures in the teacher's guide are so cute but also no way a child made those notebook pages. Well maybe some sort of prodigy child, because I don't even think I could produce notebook pages like that.

• Like 1

@Clarita I understand.. I’ve just used a composition notebook and it’s not fancy.  It helps guide our study though so we aren’t overwhelmed (3-4 animals vs looking it up myself and having to choose).  I spread a country out over a month and just do a day here and there.  Rotated with other things.

• Thanks 1