Menu

Preschool-2nd games

homemommy83

Hi everyone!  I have went through organizing toys, puzzles, and games and realized I have enough room on my cart for 2 more games.  I am looking for ideas for adding a couple games to my cart for the littles.  In our house littles are preschool to 3rd grade. 

Below is what I have so far.

Chutes and Ladders

Sneaky Snacky Squirrel

Hi Ho Cheerio

I Spy Match game

Mighty/Super Mind

The original Memory Game

Catch the Match

These have been tried and true favorites here.

Thank you everyone ahead of time for some fun ideas!

Blessings,

Brenda

• Like 2

In our house Animal Upon Animal was well loved (stacking game), as well as chess.  The teaching chess sets weren't on our radar when ds began to be interested, but they're a worthwhile option.  DS got our own little stories, like the Sneaky Bishop who slinked around, the skittish horses (knights), the towers that made straight, invisible walls, soldiers, and the queen who didn't own a horse.

22 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

.  DS got our own little stories, like the Sneaky Bishop who slinked around, the skittish horses (knights), the towers that made straight, invisible walls, soldiers, and the queen who didn't own a horse.

That is the sweetest memories 🥰.  It made me think of checkers and chess.  I used to have them, got pregnant and children did not value putting them away well and mama didn't have the energy to babysit toys😉.  I think I could look for one of those 10 in one game sets made of wood.  It also made me think bout Yahtzee...it was one of my favorites.  Thank you for good ideas.  I will look into the Animal stacking game.  If it is a board game or in a small box it may fit with the above, or could go in my preschool bin if it is more independently done.  

I am considering getting MFW discovery blocks and putting the Mighty/ Super Mind into a box of their own.  I have been organizing bins by day, but in each bin is varying ages of similar skills.

The bins are 28 qt Sterlite bins and the baskets inside are white from Dollar tree. 2 baskets fit snug and perfect in each bin.  This helped me organize them well. The bins are about 6 at Walmart and the baskets 2.50 total at dollar tree for anyone looking for an economical way to rotate and organize toys and puzzles.

Bin 1 has two baskets...one is wedgits for the youngest ones and Magna tiles for the bigger kiddos.  

Bin 2 has puzzles.  I cut out the picture and put them in zipper bags and organize by age.  So a basket for toddlers/preschoolers..this has 2 to 6 piece puzzles for toddlers and several dollar store 24 piece puzzles.  In the same bin I have a basket for bigger littles with 100 piece puzzles and a couple 200 and 500 piece puzzles.

Bin 3 is Lauri toys...Alphabet puzzles, Number puzzles with pegs, Lacing and tracing, Locktagons, tall stacker pegs, a sorting game, and got a space puzzles.  I took the fit a space and separated them into 3 bags...with a few empty puzzles to use for tracing, one using the laces and pieces from the empty ones for lacing shapes bag, and half for actual puzzles.  We love Lauri here.

Bin 4 is for about 2 to 4 years to keep them busy when mama is teaching older children. I have a small shape sorter, a piggie with coins, stamps by Melissa and Douga toddler Montessori skill book that has so many skills in one toy..it is awesome, and I have a little room in this bin still if I find treasures at Goodwill 🤣.

Bin 5 ...thinking of MFW discovery blocks/ and putting Mighty Mind.

Checkers is the new one for my Kindergartner

Raccoon Rumpus is a favorite for my 4 year old.

Monopoly Jr wasn't such a hit. I also don't like that they only give the money in $1 denomination. (FYI)

Chutes and Ladders, SuperMind are mentioned already in your list.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lovinglife123 said:

Would you be able to share a picture of a bin?  I’m interested in this!!

I will try!  My phone camera has not worked in weeks, but my daughter's phone does and when she gets home I will take pictures.  I am excited about our new storage/ rotation plan!

PreK-K faves:

Pete the Cat and the missing cupcakes

Busytown Airport game

Go Fish/Old Maid

Gathering a Garden

Kids on Stage

1-3 faves:

Rummy (my kids are obsessed with rummy right now.) 

Out Foxed

Farkle

Pictionary/ Pictionary jr

doodle dice

Wild Craft

Show Me the Monet (modified in a Monopoly style) probably more 2-3rd grade level or younger art enthusiasts 

Ice Cream Empire 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 9:18 PM, AnneGG said:

PreK-K faves:

Pete the Cat and the missing cupcakes

Busytown Airport game

Go Fish/Old Maid

Gathering a Garden

Kids on Stage

1-3 faves:

Rummy (my kids are obsessed with rummy right now.) 

Out Foxed

Farkle

Pictionary/ Pictionary jr

doodle dice

Wild Craft

Show Me the Monet (modified in a Monopoly style) probably more 2-3rd grade level or younger art enthusiasts 

Ice Cream Empire 

Rummy was one of my favorites as well growing up!