Menu

Steam Mops

QueenCat

I have had two steam cleaners. Neither got my grout clean. Hands/knees/scrub brush did. I used to have the kids work on this, but they are grown and gone now and I have bad knees! So I will watch this and hope. 

I have thought about getting this and trying it. But how to rinse good when getting down on the tile means I will have trouble walking for the next week or two?
https://www.amazon.com/Zep-Grout-Cleaner-Brightener-ZU104632/dp/B07PB6K5PZ

I got this one during prime days. It was a waste of money. The grout cleaning attachment was destroyed in one use and it didn’t work very well either. There was a thread not too long ago on cleaning attachments for power tools & now I’m pondering that. 
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09GS87K8Q?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Edited by TechWife

31 minutes ago, Bambam said:

I have had two steam cleaners. Neither got my grout clean. Hands/knees/scrub brush did. I used to have the kids work on this, but they are grown and gone now and I have bad knees! So I will watch this and hope. 

I have thought about getting this and trying it. But how to rinse good when getting down on the tile means I will have trouble walking for the next week or two?
https://www.amazon.com/Zep-Grout-Cleaner-Brightener-ZU104632/dp/B07PB6K5PZ

Have you ever tried Tilex on your grout? I’m thinking about trying that next. It seems like overkill to me, but whatever works at this point. The house is three years old and it’s only going to get dirtier, KWIM?

22 minutes ago, Bambam said:

I remember @Spy Car recommending this steam cleaner, so maybe he can offer his opinion of its ability to clean grout - both ceramic tile flooring and bathroom walls!

https://www.amazon.com/Dupray-Cleaner-Multipurpose-Steamer-Floors/dp/B07C44DM6D

I really like my Dupray Neat. In my estimation, its grout clean abilities are pretty good if the amount staining is mild. It takes more work--and cleaning agents help--if the staining is bad. The key is to go slow and let the steamer do its thing, rather than "scrubbing."

Of all the jobs I use my Neat for, grout cleaning is the one I'd rate the among lowest. But I think that it would still rank higher than less powerful steamers.  So a "mixed" review on this task.

Bill

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spy Car said:

I really like my Dupray Neat. In my estimation, its grout clean abilities are pretty good if the amount staining is mild. It takes more work--and cleaning agents help--if the staining is bad. The key is to go slow and let the steamer do its thing, rather than "scrubbing."

Of all the jobs I use my Neat for, grout cleaning is the one I'd rate the among lowest. But I think that it would still rank higher than less powerful steamers.  So a "mixed" review on this task.

Bill

So not the magic wand cleaner review that I was hoping for! Thanks for your honest review. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bambam said:

So not the magic wand cleaner review that I was hoping for! Thanks for your honest review. 

If one has bad grout stains, it will not magically make them disappear in one stroke. With time and chemical help, it works.

This is the one job where I suspect a professional grade steamer would be useful. The Neat is sort of "semi-pro," and this job is the biggest challenge.

Bill

11 hours ago, Spy Car said:

Bill

Bill,

Do you find it difficult to pull around with the larger cannister?

3 hours ago, QueenCat said:

Bill,

Do you find it difficult to pull around with the larger cannister?

Not at all. The Neat is fairly light--the housing is plastic--and it has a nice long cord and it rolls easily.

I was pretty tough on the "rating" of cleaning stained grout. They do work on bad grout stains, where most cleaning methods might not, it just isn't a one pass miracle cure.

Other jobs, such as cleaning floors, walls, steaming beds and furniture, and things like that are superb. Grout cleaning is the "weakest" aspect (but then again, relative to what?). If the grout just needs maintenance, no problem. Quick work. If there is bad staining, it requires persistence and chemical help--but beats using a brush.

But to your question, easy to pull around.

Bill

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, QueenCat said:

Our grout is not horrible. I just can't do the hands and knees thing anymore to clean it. 

This is where the Neat is nice. If the grout is well-sealed and just needs a quick clean, one can stand and the do the cleaning without getting on hands and knees. Still takes some work, but so much better.

Bill

• Thanks 1