Menu

January Healthy Eating

Selkie

B: Greek yogurt with walnuts and cinnamon. 

L: curried chicken with rice

S: chicken, lettuce with lime juice

3 coffees, 2 turmeric teas, 1 espresso.

Yesterday was shopping day so I bought a ton of veggies, beans and pulses, and some chicken.  I'm planning to spend today making soups to eat and freeze and also prepping some foods for this week.  This is a thing I do for my mother but never for me, so I'm excited.  Soups I'm making today:

Borscht with beets, cabbage, onions, garlic, potatoes, carrots, dill

Mushroom-farro with chard, onions, garlic

Gingery chicken with onions, garlic, carrots, celery, kale, zucchini, broccoli, parsley, cilantro

Lentil with onions, carrots, collards

Dhal with ginger, garlic, onions, tomato, cauliflower, lime juice, cilantro

White bean, kale, and sausage

Other things I'm prepping: roasted veggies, quinoa, lemony dressing.

• Like 3

Yesterday, the 14th:

Breakfast - granola and a little milk

Late lunch - black bean burgers with mushrooms, green onions, hummus with red pepper sticks on the side

Snack type supper - leftover hummus and veggies, cheddar cheese slice, roasted green beans, kind of cleaning out the fridge meal for both of us

I did have a few potato chips. I was craving salt throughout the day. Don't know why.

ETA: and I began the day, as usual, slaying the coffee gods in a battle for my soul! 😁

Edited by Faith-manor
  • Like 4

Saturday

Breakfast--oatmeal with raisins, blueberries, soy milk, and a splash of maple syrup. Also tea (NS)

Lunch--leftover casserole (gf cornbread, ground beef, onions, garlic, jalapenos, tomato) and an orange

Snack--Dark chocolate. Also had a few weird cocoa protein balls.

Dinner--gf potato gnocchi with spaghetti sauce and Italian sausage. Also blueberries and some broccoli.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Selkie said:

Welcome, @Kela!

Thank you, Selkirk!

Today I had"

Breakfast: Carrot/celery juice.  Sliced bananas with blueberries, walnuts, flax and soy milk.

Lunch: Big salad. Red lentil pasta with zucchini, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes

Dinner: Vegetarian chilli. Pineapple.

• Like 4

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with papa de rola beans, oats, mango, kiwi, apple, blueberries, pomegranate, pear, dragon fruit, passion fruit, fig, apricot, sour cherries, lemon and orange zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, roasted eggplant, beets, cucumber, tomato, edamame, seven seed topper, lemon balsamic vinegar. Two tangerines.

Dinner - I was too busy to spend much time in the kitchen, so I toasted up some WFPB All American burgers from Tracy’s Real Foods (ingredients = lentils, oats, millet, brown rice, soy curls, lots of veggies and spices). Hooray for healthy convenience foods! Also had baked sweet potato wedges and steamed veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, summer squash).

• Like 3

Sunday

Breakfast—oatmeal with blueberries, tea

Lunch—gf pancakes with EB butter and maple syrup, also 2 organic sausage patties 

Snack—banana, dark chocolate 

Dinner—Lovely homemade chicken soup with gf buns to dip, raspberries, also a fried apple (EB butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon, no sugar at all)

• Like 4

Sunday

🌈 

breakfast- keto blueberry cinnamon nut granola, coconut yogurt, bone broth 

lunch -  egg drop soup, grilled chicken with no sauce, sautéed cabbage, carrots, broccoli and red peppers. Had a laryngealspasm and couldn’t keep it all down.  

dinner- scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate 

two eggs before bedtime 

• Like 4

B: Greek yogurt with walnuts and cinnamon

L: salad of all the things I'm making soup with: arugula plus chicken, orange lentils, zucchini, celery, onions, carrots, cilantro, a spoon of rice and lemony vinaigrette

S: stuffed chard (onions, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, dates, cilantro, ground turkey, basmati rice) with spicy tomato sauce

3 coffees, 1 turmeric tea, 1 espresso

• Like 4

Monday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with black ayocote beans, oats, pomegranate, blueberries, kiwi, apple, passion fruit, fig, pear, apricot, sour cherries, dragon fruit, orange and lime zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, avocado, edamame, eggplant, delicata squash, radishes, cucumber, tomato, raw mixed nuts, seven seed topper, lemon balsamic vinegar. A lemon G-BOMBS bar.

Dinner - It was another busy, busy day and dinner was a repeat of last night - burgers from Tracy’s Real Foods (black bean this time), roasted sweet potato wedges, and steamed veggies.

• Like 5

Monday

🌈 

lunch - scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate 

Dinner-  red rice, kahlua pork, zucchini , broccoli, hericot vert, peas, leeks, cranberries and chocolate 

two eggs before bedtime 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 4

Breakfast inspired by Selkie, just for fun.

B: Greek yogurt, greens, dhal, pistachios, walnuts, avocado, tangerine slices.  Yummy and satisfying!

L: leftover chard rolls

S: curried chicken and green beans with dhal

2 coffees, 2 turmeric teas, no espresso!

Edited by Eos
  • Like 5

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with Rio Zape beans, oats, kiwi, blueberries, pomegranate, passion fruit, dragon fruit, fig, sour cherries, apricot, apple, pear, mango, lemon and lime zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, half a leftover veggie burger, edamame, eggplant, delicata squash, tomato, cucumber, avocado, mixed raw nuts, seven seed topper, garden dill & mustard seed balsamic vinegar.

Dinner - Buddha bowls with black rice, cauliflower rice, kale, tofu, edamame, chickpeas, mushrooms, scallions, sriracha, sesame peanut sauce.

• Like 5

Tuesday 

🌈 

lunch - scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate, cranberries 

Dinner-  Vietnamese noodle “salad “ ( chicken, cucumber, carrot, mung bean sprouts, romaine lettuce, chili pepper, rice vermicelli, daikon )

two eggs before bedtime 

• Like 5

Struggling so much with the horrid TMJ protocol. I'm supposed to be on super-soft foods for a little while. I didn't know that before I picked up my mouth guard, so the house is full of stuff I cannot eat. I threw out my back on Saturday and it's been hard to concentrate on both the TMJ stuff and on back stuff. 

Breakfast--banana before class

Lunch--gf gnocchi with Italian meat sauce, 2 pears (they were tiny, so it's more like 1 normal pear)

Snack--dark chocolate, tea (NS), small handful of potato chips (Dh left a bag out and I grabbed some while drinking tea without thinking I'm not supposed to right now.)

Dinner--chicken salad with crackers (chicken, mayo, celery, onion, raisin, almonds, curry)

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Tuesday:

Breakfast - slaughter of the king's beans, and toast

Lunch - Discovery that the speciality coffee has only one more pot left in the bag. Much weeping and gnashing of teeth, followed by a baked potato with Greek yogurt, green onion, chives, and fresh spinach.

Dinner - Meatless ziti, large spinach salads. I managed to score a bag of decent spinach so we will have the last of it tomorrow.

Today I craved juice. Don't know why. I think I drank 16 oz of V-8 juice, and 8 oz of orange juice.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Harriet Vane said:

Struggling so much with the horrid TMJ protocol. I'm supposed to be on super-soft foods for a little while. I didn't know that before I picked up my mouth guard, so the house is full of stuff I cannot eat. I threw out my back on Saturday and it's been hard to concentrate on both the TMJ stuff and on back stuff. 

Lunch--gf gnocchi with Italian meat sauce, 2 pears (they were tiny, so it's more like 1 normal pear)

Snack--dark chocolate, tea (NS), small handful of potato chips (Dh left a bag out and I grabbed some while drinking tea without thinking I'm not supposed to right now.)

Dinner--chicken salad with crackers (chicken, mayo, celery, onion, raisin, almonds, curry)

I am so sorry! This is terrible. I hope you get relief soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Selkie, Thank you so much for the bean recommendation. I placed an order over the weekend - four types of legumes, black quinoa and banana vinegar. The vinegar because I am really wanting to make my own salad dressings. 

I keep saying I am getting back on track and then life happens and I really really need to stay away from all things gluten free baked goods. I have learned that one leads to two leads to a week leads to horrible bloating. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Harriet Vane said:

I am so sorry. Virtual hug and well wishes for you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GoVanGogh said:

Selkie, Thank you so much for the bean recommendation. I placed an order over the weekend - four types of legumes, black quinoa and banana vinegar. The vinegar because I am really wanting to make my own salad dressings. 

I keep saying I am getting back on track and then life happens and I really really need to stay away from all things gluten free baked goods. I have learned that one leads to two leads to a week leads to horrible bloating. 

Oh, I’ve looked at the banana vinegar, but haven’t tried it. Let me know how you like it.

Speaking of bananas, I have to thank you, too. After you mentioned having a dwarf banana plant from Logee’s, I went and ordered two of them. I also got a key lime. Now I need to stay far, far away from the Logee’s site, because I have spent way too much $$ on plants lately, and my house is already a jungle of houseplants and microgreens!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wednesday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with black ayocote beans, oats, fig, apricot, apple, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, kiwi, pomegranate, passion fruit, pear, dragon fruit, sour cherries, lemon and orange zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, edamame, cucumber, tomato, avocado, sweet potato, raw mixed nuts, seven seed topper, cucumber balsamic vinegar. A blood orange (yum!) and a lemon G-BOMBS bar.

Dinner - Repeat of last night’s Buddha bowls - black rice, cauliflower rice, tofu, edamame, scallions, mushrooms, kale, chickpeas, sriracha, sesame peanut sauce.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Selkie said:

Oh, I’ve looked at the banana vinegar, but haven’t tried it. Let me know how you like it.

Speaking of bananas, I have to thank you, too. After you mentioned having a dwarf banana plant from Logee’s, I went and ordered two of them. I also got a key lime. Now I need to stay far, far away from the Logee’s site, because I have spent way too much $$ on plants lately, and my house is already a jungle of houseplants and microgreens!

Sorry. ☺️
I was doing a no-buy January. Then I cut my thumb really bad while cutting vegetables. (Tremors, trying to have a deep conversation while chopping veggies. Not a good mix.) So I ordered a few more fruit trees from One Green World to make myself feel better. Then I ordered some legumes and sort of tossed the no-buy thing out the window for the weekend. Now back to reality. (Anniversary, Christmas, two birthdays and a sick dog within just a few weeks.) 

• Like 6

A couple of days ago it was this:

B: chicken and green bean curry

L: bok choi, mushrooms, broccoli raab, zucchini, 2 small eggs - my chickens have decided it's light enough to start laying again.

Hiking snack: a date and some pistachios

S: kale, white ban, sausage soup on broccoli raab

Late night stress eating after a challenging meeting in town: ice cream, pistachios.  

3 coffees, 2 espressos, a turmeric tea, and a beer.  Not a great evening.

Then yesterday it was 

B: Greek yogurt with walnuts and pistachios

L: borscht

Snack: pistachios and a date

S: chicken veggie soup and 2 gf biscuits that dh made, super delicious.

Water, 2 coffees, 2 espressos.

I am definitely gaining weight with my new routine, and I think it's because I have added calories to breakfast and lunch but not taken away from supper.  So I'm going to try a week of only big salads with lime juice for supper and see if that changes the trend.  I'm quite happy eating breakfast and lunch!  The ice cream and beer didn't help any this week.

• Like 5

Wednesday:

Breakfast - there was a great weeping, and my mood was a bit "Kylo Ren when given bad news" after that last bit of specialty coffee beans was sacrificed. Mark was told that I'd he valued our marriage, he would not return in the evening without new coffee beans. I also ate a boiled egg while sulking.

Lunch - leftover ziti and carrot and red pepper sticks

Snack - handful of GF pretzels

Dinner - we were feeling like we didn't want anything elaborate, so we used up the last of the spinach for salads with the last bits of the fresh mozzarella left from making the ziti. Later we had smoked oysters on GF pretzels. No cooking which I quite enjoyed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I started the Cornell Plant Based Nutrition program this week and am loving it so far. My classmates are mostly physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians, and pharmacists. For a nerd like me, it is super cool to have T. Colin Campbell as an instructor, after having read all his books and watched so many documentaries and interviews with him.🤩

Thursday - 

Breakfast - A lemon poppyseed WellBean bar while running errands. Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with soybeans, oats, banana, pomegranate, blueberries, guava, kiwi, passion fruit, pineapple, dragon fruit, fig, apple, pear, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Mixed greens. Whole grain pita with tofu, scallions, edamame, radishes, cashew mayo, mustard, sriracha. A blood orange and a Cara Cara orange.

Dinner - I tried a new soup recipe from the Esselstyn’s cookbook, Loaded Vegetable Soup with Farro & Beans. Very good! Ingredients are onion, celery, carrots, garlic, tomato paste, veggie broth, farro, kidney beans, miso, green peas, corn, kale, balsamic vinegar. I added mushrooms and threw in a partial can of tomato sauce that was in the fridge. Also had mixed greens with sesame peanut dressing.

• Like 5

Thursday

🌈 

lunch - scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms, mixed greens , 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate,

Dinner-  black bean soup with broccoli, carrots, onions, cabbage, mushrooms, celery, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes and a bit of goat cheese on top  

two eggs before bedtime 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 5

Thursday:

Breakfast: carrot/celery juice; bananas sliced with blueberries, walnuts, flax meal and soy milk. My absolute favorite breakfast.

Lunch: enormous salad, veggies dipped in hummus

Dinner: large sweet potato, apple

I didn't get last night logged due to internet problems. 

I'm super excited. We did our weigh in for the week. I lost 3.4 lbs this week and I'm in 2nd place so far.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Selkie said:

I started the Cornell Plant Based Nutrition program this week and am loving it so far. My classmates are mostly physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitians, and pharmacists. For a nerd like me, it is super cool to have T. Colin Campbell as an instructor, after having read all his books and watched so many documentaries and interviews with him.🤩

Thursday - 

Breakfast - A lemon poppyseed WellBean bar while running errands. Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with soybeans, oats, banana, pomegranate, blueberries, guava, kiwi, passion fruit, pineapple, dragon fruit, fig, apple, pear, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Mixed greens. Whole grain pita with tofu, scallions, edamame, radishes, cashew mayo, mustard, sriracha. A blood orange and a Cara Cara orange.

I am really so excited for you going through that program. I would be all geeking out, too. I would love to meet or learn directly from any of the big WFPB doctors. 
I love blood oranges. We have a speciality grocery store in neighboring town that has a large citrus fest every January. I need to get there this weekend. I will spend way too much money on all sorts of citrus and live on them for a week. 

8 minutes ago, Kela said:

Thursday:

Breakfast: carrot/celery juice; bananas sliced with blueberries, walnuts, flax meal and soy milk. My absolute favorite breakfast.

I'm super excited. We did our weigh in for the week. I lost 3.4 lbs this week and I'm in 2nd place so far.

Your breakfast sounds yummy! Congratulations on the weight loss! 

I am two days back on track with my WFPB journey. Tonight was a real test. DH has had a super stressful two weeks at work. He ran to corner gas station and got a brownie and a Mountain Dew. He asked if I wanted anything. I said no. I ate an apple while he ate his junk. But it feels so good to get back on track. 

• Like 5

Yesterday- Thursday:

Breakfast - Having stalked the coffee aisle the evening before and procuring beans to assassinate, good coffee was back on the menu first thing in the a.m. I ate some homemade granola - rolled oats, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and dark chocolate chips.

Lunch - black and pinto bean enchiladas with fajita vegetables and dried cherry tomatoes, salsa, Greek yogurt, small amount of cheddar cheese

Dinner - we were still very full. We had hummus and carrot sticks, then later we made some popcorn.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, GoVanGogh said:

I am really so excited for you going through that program. I would be all geeking out, too. I would love to meet or learn directly from any of the big WFPB doctors. 
I love blood oranges. We have a speciality grocery store in neighboring town that has a large citrus fest every January. I need to get there this weekend. I will spend way too much money on all sorts of citrus and live on them for a week. 

Your breakfast sounds yummy! Congratulations on the weight loss! 

I am two days back on track with my WFPB journey. Tonight was a real test. DH has had a super stressful two weeks at work. He ran to corner gas station and got a brownie and a Mountain Dew. He asked if I wanted anything. I said no. I ate an apple while he ate his junk. But it feels so good to get back on track. 

Way to go resisting the junk! Have fun at the citrus fest.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kela said:

Thursday:

Wow, well done!!

• Like 2

Am in the thick of work deadlines and adjusting to the TMJ mouthguard and protocol. I was proud that I forced myself to wear the mouthguard to gyrotonics yesterday--I think the mouthguard is somehow bizarrely helping with neck tension. But the combo of deadlines (read: temptations to eat poorly while working) and TMJ stuff makes for some emotional ups and downs, LOL.

Thursday:

Breakfast--grabbed a tiny pear before class, then had two over-easy eggs after class. 

Lunch--baked potato and pulled pork and grapes

Snack--grabbed some gf choc chip cookies. Had to remind myself that being gf does not necessarily mean sugar free or a healthy choice. Also had some dark chocolate. 

Dinner--Fabulous pan-fried fish (swai) with cornbread and guacamole. 

I drank tea at various junctures, all with no sugar. 

Friday so far:

Breakfast--grabbed a banana on the way to the gym

Lunch--cornbread and pulled pork, then also had a few gf steamed potstickers with dh when he came up for lunch; tea (S)

Plan for the rest of the day: Snack on dark chocolate or corn bread with guacamole as desired. Dinner will likely be stewed chicken of some sort with veg and tomatoes (trying to use up odds and ends in fridge and freezer). Will likely have more tea because that's just the way I roll. 

• Like 5

We are done eating for the day.

Breakfast - bagel with a tiny bit of smoked salmon, little bit of cream cheese

Enough coffee to drop a water buffalo

Lunch - boiled egg on a small salad

Early dinner - Mark made homemade pizza, his divine, rapturous, gastronomic love on a plate, pizza. Two kinds of mushrooms, green pepper, spinach, basil leaves, tons of sauce, fresh mozzarella, and feta.

I made a cocktail. I have no idea IF it is an official thing and has a name or not. 8 oz lemonade, a large shot of Absolute Citron vodka, and  6 oz lime La Croix selzer water. We split it in half. So yummy.

We are very full and done for the day. Mark has enough stuff to make pizza again for lunch tomorrow, and I think I better make dark chocolate chip scones for breakfast because I owe him!

Edited by Faith-manor
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Friday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with papa de rola beans, oats, sour cherries, apple, banana, blueberries, pomegranate, passion fruit, fig, guava, kiwi, peaches, strawberries, lemon and lime zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, dry roasted edamame, cucumber, tomato, seven seed topper, sesame peanut dressing. A tangerine and a Cara Cara orange.

Dinner - Spring mix with lemon balsamic vinegar, a bowl of loaded veggie/farro soup, and two Not-a-Cookies.

• Like 4

Friday

Breakfast: My usual anymore. Carrot/celery juice, bananas with blueberries, walnuts, flax meal and almond milk

Lunch: Had a super stressful day and was out and about all morning, so I just grabbed a.survival bar from Hallelujah Diet

Dinner: A glorious huge salad with romaine, red bell pepper, cucumber, shredded carrots, brocolli, chickpeas and balsamic, baked sweet potato.

• Like 6

Friday

🌈 

lunch - scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms, mixed greens , 1/2 flaxseed muffin, chocolate,

Dinner-  had a lovely meal out by myself- just me and my book  

Salad (romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, cheese, honey mustard dressing);  lettuce wrap (burger, Tillamook cheddar cheese, tomato , avocado instead of grilled onions because apparently the grilled onions have gluten).

One scoop of Mukilteo Mudd chocolate ice cream with a gf df brownie on the side .  The brownie wasn’t worth it- just not tasty enough to make the calories worth it.  Oh well  

two eggs before bedtime 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Friday

🌈 

Dinner-  had a lovely meal out by myself- just me and my book  

Salad (romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, cheese, honey mustard dressing);  lettuce wrap (burger, Tillamook cheddar cheese, tomato , avocado instead of grilled onions because apparently the grilled onions have gluten).

One scoop of Mukilteo Mudd chocolate ice cream with a gf df brownie on the side .  The brownie wasn’t worth it- just not tasty enough to make the calories worth it.  Oh well  

two eggs before bedtime 

Just you and a book???? Heaven!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've missed a day but ignorance is bliss, so I'll do yesterday:

B: greens with scrambled egg whites, avocado, walnuts, lemon vinaigrette

L: forget

S: stir-fried bok choi, salad with lots of veggies, gf almond tuilles.

I guess if I'm really going to participate I should write it down.  I forget what I've eaten so quickly.  I did much better yesterday with going back to no snacking.  Even small snacks set off big hunger for me, and it doesn't get going if I don't snack at all.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Eos said:

I've missed a day but ignorance is bliss, so I'll do yesterday:

B: greens with scrambled egg whites, avocado, walnuts, lemon vinaigrette

L: forget

S: stir-fried bok choi, salad with lots of veggies, gf almond tuilles.

I guess if I'm really going to participate I should write it down.  I forget what I've eaten so quickly.  I did much better yesterday with going back to no snacking.  Even small snacks set off big hunger for me, and it doesn't get going if I don't snack at all.

You are doing great! Not snacking was so hard at first for me. I did't think I'd make it, lol.

Saturday:

Breakfast: Didn't have time to juice as the kids had a make up ballet class this morning. Lol, my oldest didn't know what a make up class meant and thought she was going to be doing makeup.

Had my usual, bananas, strawberries, walnuts, flax meal, almond milk.

Lunch: yummy salad with shredded lettuce, yellow bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumbers, radish, and chickpeas. Ezekiel toast with hummus and avocado

Dinner: pinto beans and brown rice

I feel liken I'm getting into a groove of eating the same things. It's not tiresome though, I just feel like that's what I like.

• Like 3

Saturday

I'm working towards a deadline--am feeling good about not eating crunchy food, but I definitely allowed myself more dark chocolate today mindlessly while working. It's always 70-90% and dairy free, so it's the good stuff, but I do try to limit it more than this most days.

Breakfast--Banana, tea (NS), stirfry of rice, onion, egg.

Lunch--Yummy Mexican stew with rice made by a friend. There was stuff I didn't recognize in it. Seemed like veggies and chicken in a gentle sauce--unexpectedly tending towards sweet (fruit) with cinnamon but also savory notes. I've never had anything like it.

Snack--dark chocolate, some plain puffed rice cakes. 

Dinner--Dh made a beautiful spread of beans, chicken rolled in a spicy cornmeal mix, onions, peppers, and potatoes. Everything tender and flavorful and healthy. 

• Like 4

Saturday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with black ayocote beans, oats, banana, kiwi, pomegranate, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, pineapple, guava, apple, Asian pear, sour cherries, fig, lemon and orange zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, cauliflower, tomato, edamame, pistachios, zucchini, mushrooms, seven seed topper, sesame peanut dressing.

Dinner - Pizza (whole wheat crust with artichokes, red peppers, and garlic).

• Like 5