Menu

What's the phrase "________ moon project"? UPDATE: I'm an idiot.

Slache

It means like maybe someday I'll do this thing. I thought it was blue moon project but I googled it and can't find it. When I heard it, it was referencing Disney but I don't think it's a Disney phrase.

Update: It was blue sky projects.

I'm so sorry.

😬

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TechWife said:

Moon Shot - High aspirations 

over the moon - ridiculously happy

Once in a blue moon - very rarely 

I don't think I've heard moon shot, so I don't think it's that. I love it though. I might just use that. I could almost swear it was blue moon, but it doesn't make sense. Maybe I'm just crazy.

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

I don't think I've heard moon shot, so I don't think it's that. I love it though. I might just use that. I could almost swear it was blue moon, but it doesn't make sense. Maybe I'm just crazy.

What’s the goal?  A once in the lifetime or very rare project?  (Blue moon). A project out of your comfort zone and pushing you to your limits? (Shooting for the moon). 

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

What’s the goal?  A once in the lifetime or very rare project?  (Blue moon). A project out of your comfort zone and pushing you to your limits? (Shooting for the moon). 

It was used to describe things you might do someday that also might never happen. They were significant enough to mention, like a 5K, but not crazy like an ultra marathon. I want to make a list of these, like no tv in 2023, but I can't remember the phrase. It was in a YouTube video about announcements that Disney has made that they may someday do but don't hold your breath. I don't know if it's a Disney phrase or just a phrase, but I'm loosing my mind. And I listen to these when I clean, so it's in hours upon hours of content.

• Like 1

• Slache changed the title to What's the phrase "________ moon project"? UPDATE: I'm an idiot.

In context, for anyone interested: "Blue Sky" concepts refer to projects that are being considered with preliminary design ideas, but have not reached the stage of being green-lit for actual construction. 

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/news/11sep2022-beyond-big-thunder-mountain-blue-sky-concept-revealed-for-magic-kingdom.htm

• Thanks 1