Menu

We should consume only beef, salt, and water

Ann.without.an.e

7 minutes ago, SKL said:

I would literally die of constipation if all I ate was beef.

I know right??  I always think the same thing when I see people talking about diets that are even just like 80-90% meat, let alone 100% meat. Our bodies are deigned to use way more fiber than even the average American eats, I can't imagine how it works when someone consumes zero fiber. Do they drink a gallon of black coffee every morning? Go for weekly "colonic irrigation's?" Are they all going to die of constipation like Elvis?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SKL said:

I would literally die of constipation if all I ate was beef.

(I suppose that's TMI, isn't it?)

Don't lose sight of our motto here "get skinny or die trying". Even if you die full of &#*+ , still counts right? 🤣 You will be a martyr for our cause and we will memorialize you forever. Thank you for your service ❤️  

Also @Corraleno ...only water, I think? And even @ikslo's wine theory doesn't apply here unless I missed a verse where Jesus turned water into coffee 😆  Would you like to join the cause? 

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Faith-manor said:

My husband says they have it all wrong. Bacon. Bacon is the way. It is all you need. Like a massive mega-vitamin in every bite. 😁

We could make millions writing books telling people that bacon is the answer!  Bacon is the vibe. We'd totally have a cult following. Please tell your DH to eat only bacon for 30 days and then report back. I'm off to find more test monkeys to join this experiment and make my fortune. 

• Haha 4

I’m familiar with Jordan Peterson, but I had not heard about him and this diet. I know that about a year or two ago he had pretty severe health issues, so maybe that’s why he turned to such a drastic diet. 🤷‍♀️ (I’m not exactly sure what all of his issues were.) I looked it up and found this article…

https://www.doctorkiltz.com/jordan-peterson-diet/

Obviously this would not work for anyone with a meat allergy though. ☺️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

I’m familiar with Jordan Peterson, but I had not heard about him and this diet. I know that about a year or two ago he had pretty severe health issues, so maybe that’s why he turned to such a drastic diet. 🤷‍♀️ (I’m not exactly sure what all of his issues were.) I looked it up and found this article…

https://www.doctorkiltz.com/jordan-peterson-diet/

Obviously this would not work for anyone with a meat allergy though. ☺️

I have no problem with someone (Jordan Peterson for example) finding a diet solution that works for them and sticking to it. It is just my parents, going on and on about how it will be amazing and sending me articles, etc and trying to say that it will heal my allergy to beef (ummm...no, it will not). It is also just a thing they do, you know? They go on kicks and talk non stop about them and push them on to others but a year later they will literally deny this was ever a phase. They were vegetarians less than 2 years ago after watching Forks Over Knives. We all know this to be a fact, but they have no recollection of this lol. It's a bazillion loads of ridiculousness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Corraleno said:

I know right??  I always think the same thing when I see people talking about diets that are even just like 80-90% meat, let alone 100% meat. Our bodies are deigned to use way more fiber than even the average American eats, I can't imagine how it works when someone consumes zero fiber. Do they drink a gallon of black coffee every morning? Go for weekly "colonic irrigation's?" Are they all going to die of constipation like Elvis?

I've found that things can also go the other way with very little fiber.  Probably TMI, but there you have it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

I have no problem with someone (Jordan Peterson for example) finding a diet solution that works for them and sticking to it. It is just my parents, going on and on about how it will be amazing and sending me articles, etc and trying to say that it will heal my allergy to beef (ummm...no, it will not). It is also just a thing they do, you know? They go on kicks and talk non stop about them and push them on to others but a year later they will literally deny this was ever a phase. They were vegetarians less than 2 years ago after watching Forks Over Knives. We all know this to be a fact, but they have no recollection of this lol. It's a bazillion loads of ridiculousness.

I hear you. I have a relative that gets a bizarre notion in their head, persevates on it and wants us all to agree with the validity of their idea and then moves on to the new thing, denying they ever believed the old thing. With each idea, they completely abandon logic, any counter notions, and fight against any one having the ability to find benefit in another path.

It’s exhausting, hard, and really kind of sad.

Hugs!

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

That does sound very frustrating…I’m sorry. 😔 My DH is on a paleo diet because he has Hashimoto’s and has found that it helps reduce his inflammation (or at least makes him feel better). I think diet changes are something to try and can be helpful in some situations, but by no means will they work for everyone. Again, I’m sorry your parents are being that way…hugs. 

Edited by Vintage81
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

Especially when you consider that my dad just had a bypass done two years ago. 

Guaranteed it wasn't a beef, salt and water diet that got him there though.  😉 

I know one vlogger who only feels good on a carnivore diet. Interestingly enough, he has chronic lyme disease. I find that fascinating because I also hear that lyme and some of the co-infections result in meat allergy. (I don't really know anything about this from personal experience.) 

ETA: sorry I got off on a rabbit trail. Ann, I wish you the best as you do what you know will help you! I also wish you lots of patience with your parents. I'm sorry -- it has to be hard.

Edited by Halftime Hope
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

That does sound very frustrating…I’m sorry. 😔 My DH is on a paleo diet because he has Hashimoto’s and has found that it helps reduce his inflammation (or at least makes him feel better). I think diet changes are something to try and can be helpful in some situations, but by no means will they work for everyone. Again, I’m sorry your parents are being that way…hugs. 

I have Hashimoto's and paleo is the best diet option for me as well. I'm not anti diet lol. I feel best on paleo or close to it. 

21 minutes ago, Halftime Hope said:

Guaranteed it wasn't a beef, salt and water diet that got him there though.  😉 

No, it wasn't at all. He will not stick to a diet of any sorts. He loves to eat out, eat processed foods, ice cream, and sweet tea. He will bounce around diets, do them for a few weeks, cherry pick what he liked, and move on. For example, years ago they did whole 30. I think paleo is a fantastic diet for lowering inflammation, done right (adding in lots of fresh fruits and veggies, etc) it is very healthy for you. I wouldn't push it on someone and talk about it nonstop, but it is a great thing to try. They did it for the 30, cut out all grains, dairy, etc and felt wonderful. They would add in the good fats, lots of homemade mayo ranch, coconut oil, fattier cuts of meat, etc. After the 30 days, he kept the part about adding extra fat to everything but also went back to eating bread, ice cream, and drinking sweet tea and that may have gotten him there? At the end of this "phase" his take away will probably be "eat more steak" with your sweet tea and yeast rolls lol. 

Edited by Ann.without.an.e