Menu

Just curious :-). Has any of the experts realized a boo-boo on their counselor docs after they were uploaded?

mlktwins

I did!  I found a misspelling on the second page of my counselor letter in the spring after everything had long been submitted. Oops!  There was nothing I could do about it.

She did very well in admissions and scholarships, so I guess the schools didn’t hold it against her.

• Like 2

I found that I had given myself 5 different titles in different parts of the document. Councilor, teacher, homeschool administrator, and 2 more that I can't remember. Very true, but made me laugh when I realized it after I had posted all the documents. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

On 10/29/2022 at 3:32 PM, mlktwins said:

Title says it all! I think I'm not going to look at mine again after they are uploaded!

Lalalala!  I refuse to look at again until the semester update!  😂

I have to say, when I dug out my profile out from my 2019 grad to start with my 2023 grad, I had some serious regrets about parts of that.  I'm sure that will happen again.  But you have to send it at some point right!? 

Honestly, schools that are doing this for a couple hundred students probably are sending out more typos.  I don't worry about those as much as how I stated some things.  Like I did use a covid impact statement because my kid is applying test optional some places.  She has like 37 college credits w/a great GPA and she is applying to auditioned music programs so I kind of think they'll invite her to audition or not, it is what it is and likely has more to do with what their program needs this particular year.  But I definitely get the tendency to second guess!  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lewelma said:

I found that I had given myself 5 different titles in different parts of the document. Councilor, teacher, homeschool administrator, and 2 more that I can't remember. Very true, but made me laugh when I realized it after I had posted all the documents. 

Yet all correctly I might add! 🙂 

• Like 1

I just sent out my documents to a school that's not using the common app.  I refused to open the files to see if there was anything I needed to change. Because there is always something to change!

And I found a couple of typos/mistakes in the school profile that I wrote last year when I pulled it out to adjust for my kid this year.   We got acceptances last year and merit scholarships...so either no one noticed, or they disregarded the mistakes. I hope they show the same grace this year!

• Like 2