Menu

Homemade PopTarts and other things you’ll never make again

Ann.without.an.e

1 hour ago, Spryte said:

I think that was me. (Running away)

It’s an annual tradition here. DS and I make it for Christmas, and sometimes New Year’s. 

And it was soooo good, lol. It just vanished in a second, after all that long time stirring. 😂

I found and bookmarked a crock pot version.  That’s more my speed!

• Like 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

And it was soooo good, lol. It just vanished in a second, after all that long time stirring. 😂

I found and bookmarked a crock pot version.  That’s more my speed!

Please share! 

DS would never forgive me if I stopped making it, but I’m all for an easier version!

On 9/2/2022 at 12:54 PM, pinball said:

It’s pie crust and filling, right? And a glaze?

we always use the crust scraps to make treats…mostly cinnamon roll-ups. But sometimes we use jam so they are like pop tarts.

I should probably add pie as another thing along with poptarts that I won't make anymore. I love pie, but not making pie crust.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SquirrellyMama said:

I should probably add pie as another thing along with poptarts that I won't make anymore. I love pie, but not making pie crust.

I’m with you! Maybe it’s because we are GF, DF, and NF but I cannot master pie crust. I’ve given up.

20 minutes ago, Kassia said:

DH loved it!  But I was happy to buy it and not make it!  

I would buy it, too! My FIL has a newfound love for it, too, so now I have DS and FIL who want it every year. If we had an allergy safe option, I would absolutely buy it. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 9:29 PM, Brittany1116 said:

Our own beef jerky on the dehydrator. It cost a fortune, took forever, and wasn't all that great.

Hear hear! The last time my dh made it it gave him gas so raunchy that it woke me up out of a sound sleep in the middle of the night! The odor was that bad! Never again!

On 9/6/2022 at 7:18 AM, Emba said:

I made homemade taquitos once. They were amazing, but so much trouble. I’ve never repeated the experience, even though I think of them every time I eat the pre made frozen ones.

I made some this week. My recipe wasn’t too bad. I spent like 30 minutes on them. 

• Haha 2

On 9/3/2022 at 3:37 AM, Laura Corin said:

Personally, I skip the potato peeling. A roux - Why?

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/no-fuss-shepherds-pie/amp

I don't know ❤️ My husband makes it for me, and I know there's some sort of sauce/roux, something involving GF flour. I just peel the potatoes and walk away. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1